Recognition of War Sparta

Sweeeeet Ronny D

Just now, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Damnit... I don't know why I respond to you.  Its an advantage when compared to the fact that Grumpy had no idea an attack was coming, and most of us were 2-3 days from max military.  It's much easier to fight back when you are prepared and know an attack is coming rather than being completely blindsided.

You're comparing knowledge of a counter-attack to no knowledge of an attack.

I was talking about knowledge of a counter-attack to having a counter-attack on your side.

The fact is Grumpy could have mobilized and attacked Sparta as well.  

On 10/14/2017 at 10:30 AM, Dubayoo said:

The problem is you have lots of women who have turned the game into purely a social exercise with no real exercise of power.  They confuse the values of morale, organization, intelligence gathering, diplomacy, and law enforcement with actually becoming powerful in the game.  All they care about is the popularity contest of getting elected into positions of power, but then they don't use the power their positions are associated with.

Being popular socially is just good politics.  It is a big factor in how one establishes and maintains power here regardless.  

If I wanted a purely social on line place, there are plenty out there that have nothing to do with building nations or alliances or power sphere's for that matter.  

I am curious how you think power should be used.  As things currently stand in PnW i would guess there are more males in the top spot of the alliances here than females.   Thus if one has issues on how the politics here are playing out ...

Edited by Sylvia
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

The problem is this isn't the typical diplomatic quandary of likability.

This is a situation where a bunch of boring people who just sit around ganged up on an alliance that tried to create excitement in the game.  If they really wanted to participate, they would have attacked, not counter-attacked.

I thought we added to the general levels of  excitement to be quite honest not just for the game but for Sparta.

I seriously doubt Sparta wanted their attack on Grumpy to be nothing more than an easy walkover where they just stomped an AA that was barely militarised into the ground. There is no fun or challenge in that whatsoever and given the experience and brainpower present in Sparta at the time of the initial attack on Grumpy, they surely would have known that more people were going to show up for the BBQ no matter what.

Edited by Tormund Giantsbane

Untitled.png

9 hours ago, Sylvia said:

Being popular socially is just good politics.  It is a big factor in how one establishes and maintains power here regardless.  

If I wanted a purely social on line place, there are plenty out there that have nothing to do with building nations or alliances or power sphere's for that matter.  

I am curious how you think power should be used.  As things currently stand in PnW i would guess there are more males in the top spot of the alliances here than females.   Thus if one has issues on how the politics here are playing out ...

Just to be clear, I was talking about the other game (Renaissance Kingdoms), not here.  I'm not sure there are many females playing this game even if there's a handful.

In any case, what you said in the second line is exactly what I've tried explaining in the other game to the players there.  No argument there.

I'm actually baffled by the fact that power wielding here is so... catty. 

4 hours ago, Tormund Giantsbane said:

I thought we added to the general levels of  excitement to be quite honest not just for the game but for Sparta.

I seriously doubt Sparta wanted their attack on Grumpy to be nothing more than an easy walkover where they just stomped an AA that was barely militarised into the ground. There is no fun or challenge in that whatsoever and given the experience and brainpower present in Sparta at the time of the initial attack on Grumpy, they surely would have known that more people were going to show up for the BBQ no matter what.

I kind of agree, but to be fair, if your response is what's to be expected, then nobody will ever attack anyone because everyone anticipates being counter-ganged up on.

The game would be permanently petrified.

13 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

You're comparing knowledge of a counter-attack to no knowledge of an attack.

I was talking about knowledge of a counter-attack to having a counter-attack on your side.

The fact is Grumpy could have mobilized and attacked Sparta as well.  

How was Grumpy -really- supposed to have known that Sparta would hit them when we did?

We honestly just arbitrarily chose an alliance to hit and then a date, a week or two in advance to make sure that our membership would be ready.

There's plenty of alliances I would have rather hit than Grumpy. But I wanted to hit -something-.

3 minutes ago, Vosunda said:

How was Grumpy -really- supposed to have known that Sparta would hit them when we did?

We honestly just arbitrarily chose an alliance to hit and then a date, a week or two in advance to make sure that our membership would be ready.

There's plenty of alliances I would have rather hit than Grumpy. But I wanted to hit -something-.

Reread what I wrote.  You're off-topic.