Recognition of War Sparta

Sweeeeet Ronny D

4 hours ago, Queen M said:

You're joking, right? You guys write friggin' NOVELS dissecting the most inane details of wars from 3 years ago and argue over them for another 3 years in ragevomiting journal entries to each other. Puh-lease. The MALE leaders in this game are petty af and you know it.

No argument there.  A lot of guys here are pretty petty.  It stagnates the game far too much.

41 minutes ago, Rozalia said:

It depends on the two involved. The more advanced age combined with likely higher wealth/status can certainly give the woman more confidence to be more powerful in the relationship, but at the same time the male matters greatly. Does he sit back and try to reel in the maximum amount of wealth for himself from his older partner, or does he actually commit and try to take charge. 

In the other game, it's really not about wealth as much as excitement.  The milfs there are looking for men who know how to be creative and passionate.  They like younger men because with youth comes vigor.

On 10/14/2017 at 11:15 AM, Queen M said:

You're joking, right? You guys write friggin' NOVELS dissecting the most inane details of wars from 3 years ago and argue over them for another 3 years in ragevomiting journal entries to each other. Puh-lease. The MALE leaders in this game are petty af and you know it.

I don't write text walls. I was one of the best but then I was cast out for being too revolutionary and ahead of my time. If I'm given an alliance again, in 10 months you will not recognize it and I will have a 1000 turn war. Mark my words.

• Upvote 1

FYI, our war with Sparta is over, we will not engage in any new wars with their members besides the two members currently in Vaca Mode, who we reserve the right to hit when they leave.   They have also agreed to not accept any outside aid for their rebuild.  All members on both sides are allowed to complete their battles but besides that this thing is over.  A large shoutout to Hogwarts for their assistance, and our other friends who came to our aid like Guardian, TKR and tC.

That's all I got, Murder She Wrote is about to start so I am out.

-Sweeeeet Ronny D.

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, Jim Beam said:

Thanks SRD for the fight. I is nice that you have friends like Guardian, TKR, Hogwarts and tC or Grumpy would be in a lot of trouble. Anyway it was a lot of fun and I'm sure we will meet again. 

I thought Hogwarts were your Sparta's friends?

Oops, guess you aren't Sparta anymore.

19 minutes ago, Placentica said:

I thought Hogwarts were your Sparta's friends?

Oops, guess you aren't Sparta anymore.

It is hard to keep up with alliance leavers/ghosters, isn't it?

Seems like a more common thing nowadays.

38 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

It is hard to keep up with alliance leavers/ghosters, isn't it?

Seems like a more common thing nowadays.

Yea, it's as shame.  I always feel like leaders should stay and deal with the heap of dog shit they've created or has been dumped on them, lol.  I think I can speak to that firsthand.  It can be fun at times.  I have some wonderful logs of playing with Jr. FA reps.

6 hours ago, Placentica said:

Yea, it's as shame.  I always feel like leaders should stay and deal with the heap of dog shit they've created or has been dumped on them, lol.  I think I can speak to that firsthand.  It can be fun at times.  I have some wonderful logs of playing with Jr. FA reps.

Agreed, people that don't take responsibility are bad, and really are missing out on the fun part of the game.

On 10/14/2017 at 0:15 PM, Queen M said:

Oh shit! She's talking about me. Ouch. 

• Upvote 1

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

To respond to people who are criticizing, either out of genuine concern or grievance they may have from the past, those who left Sparta, it's this simple - those who want to have peace and grow again will obviously stay in Sparta, while those who want more war and merciless raiding are heading out to places like Arrgh to do that as it would be unfair for them to put the entire Sparta alliance in that position.

As far as leadership creating mess and not taking responsibility is concerned, it was a collective decision to hit and every single one was fully aware of the consequences of that hit. There was no "one" leader so there's no responsibility to take now. Sparta functions very loosely and everyone is a leader really. 

• Upvote 6

It's a shame that Sparta got ganged up on.  For a moment, it looked like something was going to ignite, but others just had to interfere and snuff it out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

It's a shame that Sparta got ganged up on.  For a moment, it looked like something was going to ignite, but others just had to interfere and snuff it out.

Its a shame Grumpy got attacked for absolutely no reason, and its nice to know you still have no idea what you are talking about.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Its a shame Grumpy got attacked for absolutely no reason, and its nice to know you still have no idea what you are talking about.

For what it's worth, I don't mind that you had allies hit us. You guys had lost the war and it was very hard to come back, so it only made sense to call in allies. People sometimes forget paperless doesn't mean you have no allies, it just means you have unwritten MDPs and treaties. Everyone had fun regardless and that's what matters at the end. 

P.S Due to Sparta's actions, GoB, Hogwarts, TKR, Pantheon, Guardian, CKD, and tC all fought at the same side against us and should thank Sparta if anything. :P 

Edited by Tywin Lannister
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

The only reason necessary is for fun.  This is a game after all...

...which is exactly what everyone should be talking about.  Lighten up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jim Beam said:

Ant it took all those Alliances to take down all 14 of us

By all those alliances, you mean it took 25 people to take down 17 of you.  That seems like a pretty even fight, and you guys had the advantage of having a full military at the time, and the knowledge that a counter attack was coming. 

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a counter-attack on my side than have the knowledge of a counter-attack against me.  Are you sure you know what an advantage is?

Yea, they might have surprise attacked you, but the fact is anyone could surprise attack anyone else.  It's not like they were the only ones who could have started things.

Always amusing to see the " but it took so many of you to bring us down" line.

I prefer to use the perspective of "so many people wanted to take a shot that we run out of slots". Don't get confused now and think the amount of people required is indicative of any particular talent or skill level required. It simply means you have your fair share of people who dislike you and who just want to participate in some manner or another.

Untitled.png

26 minutes ago, Tormund Giantsbane said:

Always amusing to see the " but it took so many of you to bring us down" line.

I prefer to use the perspective of "so many people wanted to take a shot that we run out of slots". Don't get confused now and think the amount of people required is indicative of any particular talent or skill level required. It simply means you have your fair share of people who dislike you and who just want to participate in some manner or another.

The problem is this isn't the typical diplomatic quandary of likability.

This is a situation where a bunch of boring people who just sit around ganged up on an alliance that tried to create excitement in the game.  If they really wanted to participate, they would have attacked, not counter-attacked.

11 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a counter-attack on my side than have the knowledge of a counter-attack against me.  Are you sure you know what an advantage is?

Yea, they might have surprise attacked you, but the fact is anyone could surprise attack anyone else.  It's not like they were the only ones who could have started things.

Damnit... I don't know why I respond to you.  Its an advantage when compared to the fact that Grumpy had no idea an attack was coming, and most of us were 2-3 days from max military.  It's much easier to fight back when you are prepared and know an attack is coming rather than being completely blindsided.