New Spy Operations

superfalconpunch

I figured since a spy revamp is coming, we could get some new spy ops to screw each oth-I mean mess with.

Sabotage Warehouse: Destroys 5% of a nation's resources up to 500 (excluding uranium {200} and food {5000}.) Note that this destroys resources, it does not loot them.

Sabotage Power Grid: Will destroy one random power plant improvement in a random city. 20% chance to fail even if not caught and technically successful.

Sabotage Industry: Destroys a random mining improvement (such as oil wells or coal mines) in a random city. 20% chance to fail a la power grid

Sabotage Production: Destroys a random production improvement (such as an oil refinery or steel mill) in a random city. Costs .2 munitions per spy and 1.5x base price. ⅓ failure rate.

Sabotage Civil Services: Will destroy one random civil service improvement (A hospital or police station, or recycling plant; excludes subways) in a random city. Costs .1 Uranium per spy and triple the cash value. If caught you'll lose twice as many spies due to the radioactive material.

Sabotage Business: Destroys one random Commerce improvement (including subways and stadiums) in a random city. Costs .2 munitions per spy and triple the cash value. If caught you'll lose twice as many spies due to arrests in these high-density areas.

Sabotage Military Production: Will destroy one random military improvement in a random city. Costs 1 munitions per spy and 5 times the cash cost. Failure rate is more dependent on enemy infantry count (Every 3000 soldiers equates to 1%, but this caps at  30%, or 90,000 troops) and is only slightly effected by their spies (20% as much). Cannot succeed if caught. If caught, 3 times as many spies will be gunned down by guards. Cannot be done "Quick and Dirty".

If anyone thinks these could use rebalancing or refinement (or thinks I'm full of crap and should delete my nation), or just thinks it's a good idea, talk to me! I'll keep this forum active as one where I'll receive notification.

Cats eat brains. Vultures eat corpses.

-superfalconpuch

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, superfalconpunch said:

Sabotage Warehouse: Destroys 5% of a nation's resources up to 500 (excluding uranium {200} and food {5000}.) Note that this destroys resources, it does not loot them.

Sabotage Industry: Destroys a random mining improvement (such as oil wells or coal mines) in a random city. 20% chance to fail a la power grid

Pointless and won't be used just like most of the current spy options.

Sabotage Production: Destroys a random production improvement (such as an oil refinery or steel mill) in a random city. Costs .2 munitions per spy and 1.5x base price. ⅓ failure rate.

Even more pointless than the other two. Again it won't be used by anyone with a brain.

Sabotage Power Grid: Will destroy one random power plant improvement in a random city. 20% chance to fail even if not caught and technically successful.

Too overpowered, even with the 20% success rate. Killing a power plant renders an entire city mostly useless and stops recruitment from it.

You can take 3 spy attacks per day so that is a 48.8% chance per day of killing at least one power plant per day. 

Sabotage Civil Services: Will destroy one random civil service improvement (A hospital or police station, or recycling plant; excludes subways) in a random city. Costs .1 Uranium per spy and triple the cash value. If caught you'll lose twice as many spies due to the radioactive material.

Sabotage Business: Destroys one random Commerce improvement (including subways and stadiums) in a random city. Costs .2 munitions per spy and triple the cash value. If caught you'll lose twice as many spies due to arrests in these high-density areas.

Less useless but still shit compared to other better options that will be tactically employed during war. The extra costs are kinda pointless and not needed.

Sabotage Military Production: Will destroy one random military improvement in a random city. Costs 1 munitions per spy and 5 times the cash cost. Failure rate is more dependent on enemy infantry count (Every 3000 soldiers equates to 1%, but this caps at  30%, or 90,000 troops) and is only slightly effected by their spies (20% as much). Cannot succeed if caught. If caught, 3 times as many spies will be gunned down by guards. Cannot be done "Quick and Dirty".

Over-complicated. Failure rate should remain based on spy counts. Costs should remain consistent across all options.

Probably the only idea with merit but would take some major retooling to be a balanced option and it would kinda ruin the only viable thing about missiles right now.

In summary I'd say no to all of these.

XLL3z4T.gif

11 hours ago, superfalconpunch said:

Well instead of simply pointing out the issues, would you like to make actual suggestions?

You posted a suggestion and I pointed out the issues with why its not a plausible idea.

Counter suggestions would be only be necessary if I thought the idea was salvageable or needed.

• Upvote 2

XLL3z4T.gif

13 hours ago, superfalconpunch said:

Well instead of simply pointing out the issues, would you like to make actual suggestions?

1 hour ago, Sketchy said:

You posted a suggestion and I pointed out the issues with why its not a plausible idea.

Counter suggestions would be only be necessary if I thought the idea was salvageable or needed.

tumblr_inline_n9aj4zgYQO1qcjo32.png

• Upvote 3

• Administrators
On 10/6/2017 at 7:09 PM, superfalconpunch said:

I figured since a spy revamp is coming, we could get some new spy ops to screw each oth-I mean mess with.

If anyone thinks these could use rebalancing or refinement (or thinks I'm full of crap and should delete my nation), or just thinks it's a good idea, talk to me! I'll keep this forum active as one where I'll receive notification.

Cats eat brains. Vultures eat corpses.

-superfalconpuch

I'm all for adding new spy operations. Give players more freedom to harass each other. I'll see about throwing one or more of these into the test server for the next tournament, thanks for your suggestions.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link