America wins everytime

The only good sounding one was the Audi R8. Holy shit, that was gr8 m8.

Once again, America wins. Only the Lexus 8's and the Skyline sound good.

Face it, the US has better noise laws and our massive refrigerator sized engines are just more badass.

3 hours ago, Crossbones said:

The only good sounding one was the Audi R8. Holy shit, that was gr8 m8.

Once again, America wins. Only the Lexus 8's and the Skyline sound good.

Face it, the US has better noise laws and our massive refrigerator sized engines are just more badass.

And gas guzzling. Ok I have no proof of that but one would think that based on the size, weight, distribution, and volume of fuel required that it would burn more gas. 

And while I agree these cars and engines are nice and all...why do you need a street car that can do 215 or more miles per hour? There are very few roads that anyone would want to go that fast. I mean at that speed you hit a turtle it would launch the car off the road and probably kill you lol. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

18 hours ago, Drecq said:

And gas guzzling. Ok I have no proof of that but one would think that based on the size, weight, distribution, and volume of fuel required that it would burn more gas. 

And while I agree these cars and engines are nice and all...why do you need a street car that can do 215 or more miles per hour? There are very few roads that anyone would want to go that fast. I mean at that speed you hit a turtle it would launch the car off the road and probably kill you lol. Just saying.

Because passing speed and getting around slow drivers. With a normal car, you need a few seconds to get enough passing power and speed to overtake another car. With these cars you just give the pedal a good slap from your foot and you've already jumped 3-4 car lengths away. They're incredibly fun to do that with. Also some freeway entrances have short on ramps, blast Highway to the Danger Zone, and gun it (le fun jump jet time). Normal drivers will slow down a bit to let you merge in, but by the time they're done slowing down, you've already matched and surpassed their speed. Again, also really fun.

Also 15-20mpg avg isn't that bad. It's pretty good imo.

For me, my first car got 12-21 mpg. My second car got 8-14 mpg. Now I get like 15-30 on premium. For me it was actually a step up in fuel efficiency.

Edited by Crossbones

American muscle cars are great for showing off, yes, but they don't have the performance of their German (or Italian) counterparts. 

It's just basic physics.  The more noise you make, the less efficient you are.  You're spending energy doing something aside from moving quickly from point A to point B.

16 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

American muscle cars are great for showing off, yes, but they don't have the performance of their German (or Italian) counterparts. 

It's just basic physics.  The more noise you make, the less efficient you are.  You're spending energy doing something aside from moving quickly from point A to point B.

A z28, hellcat challenger or charger, and gt500 can all tear up 60-80k German cars. A 70k Camaro z28 is a rare example that can shred a BMW m3 in both straight line and track. No questions asked. A base Stingray Corvette for like what, 55k can destroy these German imports no problem. It may be less "efficient" on the displacement numbers, but it gets the job done.

Also the "but muh German cars have luxury" is a shit argument. It's a car, not your new apartment. It doesn't need bullshit creature comforts or bullshit trim that jacks up the price. I know you haven't used it, but I know someone will try.

Edited by Crossbones

3 hours ago, Crossbones said:

A z28, hellcat challenger or charger, and gt500 can all tear up 60-80k German cars. A 70k Camaro z28 is a rare example that can shred a BMW m3 in both straight line and track. No questions asked. A base Stingray Corvette for like what, 55k can destroy these German imports no problem. It may be less "efficient" on the displacement numbers, but it gets the job done.

Also the "but muh German cars have luxury" is a shit argument. It's a car, not your new apartment. It doesn't need bullshit creature comforts or bullshit trim that jacks up the price. I know you haven't used it, but I know someone will try.

Yeah but a Bugatti is going to tear up a muscle car up every time...granted the Bugatti Veyron has a 16 cylinder engine and 1200HP, but it only gets like 7 to 15 miles per gallon and has  a 26 gal tank

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

12 hours ago, Crossbones said:

Yea, you might be right actually.  I'm reading a few articles here, and American cars seem to have caught up in performance over the past few to several years.  Kudos.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/mythbusting-american-vs-european-vs-asian-cars-ar170943.html

http://www.jdpower.com/cars/articles/automotion-blog/5-car-quality-myths-busted

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/4/16/We-Ask-Are-Today-s-Top-American-Muscle-Cars-Better-Than-Germany-s-Luxury-Sports-Cars-7733041/

Guess I'll just stick to my taste in Italian cars.  :-P

On 9/28/2017 at 6:50 AM, Drecq said:

These types of firearms cars are used all the time for hunting driving. You can use them to hunt anything drive anywhere you’d normally hunt drive with with a .22 or .223 round mini-van or truck. Check it out on the web, there are dozens of sites that talk about hunting driving with AR-15’s muscle cars and such. 

lol just messing around. Not being too serious.  :P

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png