New life

Ikhan

Somewhere in France...

The room was brightly lit yet quiet, something required in such a highly secretive facility run by APEX. However, that changed quickly, as a large door would open, and a group of officers in the APEX security force would walk through, followed by James Ackermann, the CEO of APEX. A researcher would quickly approach them, clipboard in hand.
 "Sir." the researcher would say to James. "I presume you are here to check in on 'Project Avatar'?" he would add.
 "That is correct, my friend." James would say with a nod. "Lead on." he would add.
 "Very well, sir. Right this way." the researcher would say as he would walk off. For several minutes, they walked along the many corridors of the complex until they reached an area with several chambers. They walked through the first door, one which had been reinforced for reasons unknown.
 "Well? What exactly am I looking at?" James would ask as he approached one of the pods in the room.
 "That, my friend, is Subject 1187. It's a... genetically modified human with the genes of a creature the Akaata called an 'Ubaathi'. It should be capable of strength ten times that of one of us Orbisians. However, we are still working out how to successfully keep it alive, hence why it is still in the pod." the researcher would say. "Moving on." he would add s he walked to the next chamber. "In here, we have Subject 96361. It's... frightening, to say the very least. You see, we took some Orbisian DNA, some DNA from a common spider, some from one of the Lost corpses we collected, and some from what the Akaata call an 'Arja', which is like a spider except far, far worse. As you may or may not know, an Arja is essentially a giant spider which is capable of turning any living being into a giant egg which will hatch within a few minutes, creating another of it's species and killing the host in a most gruesome death. Thus, by combining the DNA of all of these species, we have created what you would call a monster." the researcher would say before walking out. James would follow him to the final chamber, where the conclusion to Project AVATAR would be found.
 "Well, what is the status of Project AVATAR?" James would ask. "Are 'they' ready?" he would continue.
 "You shall see, sir. Right this way." the researcher would say as they walked through the door. He would proceed to turn on the lights, revealing a massive chamber with at least one-hundred pods inside.
 "This is the culmination of your work? A bunch of useless corpses floating in some kind of cryogenic fluid?" James would ask.
 "No, my dear friend. This, is only the beginning. This is the beginning of a better tomorrow, available to all of us, today. Truly, Orbis shall take it's place among the stars." the researcher would say as they walked up to one of the tanks.
 "...They are our future..." James would say as he stared at the body suspended in the tank.
 "Yes they are..." the scientist would say as they walked out. "Good luck, sir." he would say as he returned to his work.

• Upvote 1