Some random stats

Sketchy

I think the inactive nations should be deleted off the game after 6 weeks.. 

1. It will stop raiding from the nonraiding alliances

2. It will balance the stats out

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

What might strike people as interesting is the small surge in the 10 city count numbers, mostly because most major alliances full grant up to 10 cities (and sometimes half grant afterwards). The small increase in 5 cities are players who haven't left the game in the first week and have successfully joined an alliance. I'm not as certain why there's a small surge in  city 13 or 20, though. 

Also, we can ignore anyone below 5 cities because they're not relevant. :P The active player base is somewhere around 1500 members (only 2465 members are 5 cities or higher), while the core player base (goes on the OWF and actively influences the game community) is around 200 members, maybe even less. 

For a free-to-play game, P&W's player retention rate is actually quite poor. Even if we include everyone 5 cities or above, it's less than 35%.

Edit: Now that I think of it, 1500 is an overestimate. There are only 1955 members in the top 50 alliances. It could be 1000 instead. Also, that 13 city surge could be because of NPO, as they've granted most of their alliances to 12/13 cities. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Costello said:

Is that a bad thing? 

Edited by Anneal
  • Upvote 2

Z98SzIG.png

4 hours ago, Johnny Costello said:

Nations inactive for more than 45 days self delete.

Great stats Sketchy, thanks for sharing this.

52 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Nations inactive for more than 45 days self delete.

Great stats Sketchy, thanks for sharing this.

That's good.  

1 hour ago, Anneal said:

Is that a bad thing? 

No way. 

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

Sweet, 18 city nations are part of the 1 percent. !@#$ plebs.

Sad AIM isn't a bigger name for upper tier.

2 hours ago, Zeebrus said:

Dang really?

ive got 18 cities! That’s cool :)

my goal is to one day be the 1% of the 1% though

standing tall at 40 cities

WHALE NOISES

??????

1% of the nations has exactly 18 cities. These nations are not in the top 1%. They are in the top 4.5%.

• Upvote 2

On 9/20/2017 at 9:09 AM, Ripper said:

1% of the nations has exactly 18 cities. These nations are not in the top 1%. They are in the top 4.5%.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:40 AM, Zeebrus said:

Ohhh damn

Get math'd gurl. 

You need at least 23 cities to be the top 1%. However, according to the Home page, 3812 nations out of 7180 have been active since last week and 1258 have been active today (some of which are low tier newbies and are probably not an accurate representation of P&W's actual community), so P&W's actual top 1% has more cities than what is statically shown. 

Again, this game's player retention is god awful. 

• Upvote 1

Z98SzIG.png

10 hours ago, Zeebrus said:

I don’t know what player retention is but then I guess my city goal is 25-30 cities now rhen

i need to be the ultimatewhale 

Player retention is a general term for how likely a new player will stay and continue playing P&W after a certain amount of time, and for some free-to-play game developers what really matters is "first day player retention", or how many players are willing to continue playing after their first daily session. While it's harder to measure player retention accurately, activity is strongly related to player retention.

Now if you look at P&W, a little more than 45% have been inactive for more than a week on average, while less than a third of players are committed enough to log on daily. And Sketchy's stats show that a majority of nations aren't even in alliances. This doesn't speak well of P&W's activity, and its player retention is likely below average (search up recently created nations just one week from now and tally up how much are in blue/green/yellow compared to orange/red/purple) as far as F2P games go. 

Edited by Anneal

Z98SzIG.png