Development

Spectral

.:Classified:. 

The report from Heath Ashgrown's research group, had been emailed to the Chancellor's encrypted email. The report read:

"Sir, we've successfully developed the EMP shell utilizing the Nanobots technology. It effectively condenses the water vapor in the air, and uses it to retain a resonance of an EMP wave. We're able to make them large enough to cover an entire city. We used these mobile commands to hold them into place. Additionally, we have made specialized faraday cages for our military equipment, utilizing some technology from the Regime. This will effectively secure designated locations from enemy occupation. Cruise missiles and airstrikes are still effective, but they can't use eyesight or GPS to strike. At the very least, we've eliminated the risks of accurate strikes, as well as ensured only the benefits basic infantry would be able to invade until they shutdown the mobile center."

The Chancellor replied his email:

"I want these set up accross every major city. Instead if mobile cimmands, I want them in fortified locations that would survive decapitation air or missile strikes. I also want a cost estimate for it ASAP."

"Yes, sir. We estimate the cost of that to be 180 billion Resorian dongs. I'll have plans drafted up immeadietely. It should only take a month." Ashgrown replied.

"Good. Get it dine, so we can secure our birders. Then I want you to begin upgrading our radar. That's our next goal. We have a remaining budget of 280 billion. Keep it within that until the next year."

.:Clasified:.

"Alright, staff, we have anot her project, where we will utilize technology we already have, to launch a Satelite into geostationary orbit. This Satelite will utilize a nuclear reactor and several layers of solar panels, to effectively spy on locations as we require. Furthermore, utilizing the tremendous power supply, it will be equipped with a dual wave EMP device to effectively eliminate rogue elements or threats to Resoria. Our availible budget is 160 billion Resorian dongs, and our time frame is 3 months, maximun."

Edited by Spectral

"Sir, we've made a breakthrough in weaponizeing the nanobots. As it stands, we've been able to upgrade the capabilities to the point where they can self replicate by deconstructing electronics and use those parts to construct new ones. They're also able to enter through the pores of an organism and break down critical organ functions.

As it stands, we're going to try to utilize an AI to 'designate' targets to ensure they don't go out of control. After they complete their objective, we will have them return to the mobile location."

After several months of development, the EMP Shells have effectively been constructed in key military points. Additionally, the dual wave EMP spy Satelite had been completed well under budget, and the cost came to just around 30 billion Resorian Dongs. The official designation for the satelite woukd be labeled Prometheus-1. This is after the new radar system was effectively implanted into the Satelite itself, paired with the weaponized nanobots for the satelite's defense. Discussion would immeadietely begin to utilize MoG [Corps] space elevator to launch the satelite.

UtilI zing last year's remaining 190 billion Resorian dongs, the infrastructure in Resoria's 4 critical cities would be upgraded. This would include the construction of specialized roads which, in the event of an attack, would raise itself in order to force the invading force to breach 7 feet of concrete, while under fire from machine gun nests. Each city would have 3 rings, forcing then ti breach each section to effectively secure the city. Paired with the EMP shell, the walls are intended to force the invading force into a delayed and drawn out conflict. While this was built, chambers would be constructed with specialized vents to release chemical weapons as required.

wall.png

To Umbrella:

We would like to purchase enough chemical weapons to release a steady stream for up to 4 days. We assure Umbrella that we will only use this with defensive intent in mind. Thank you.

Two reports laid on the Chancellor's desk. One, was a break through on the weaponized nanobots. The other, was on the improvement of radar.

The weaponized nanobots had been improved, with an AI on a mobile platform that, with the appropriate user, designates to the nanobot's what their intended targets. These nanobots would be loaded into a war head and then fired from a platform. Once they arrive at their destination, they immeadietely begin deconstructing electronics to bolster their numvers, and then divide based on target destinations. Upon completion of their objective, each nanobot releases a small EMP which effectively fries their own electronics to ensure they cannot be reverse engineered. Furthermore, once they begin to amass their numbers for 2 hours, the nanobot's will begin to replicate exponentially. An emergency frequency was made to shut them down in case of a rogue operation. 1 system, which includes a mobile platform and 4 warheads, costs an estimated 2 billion Resorian Dongs. Construction of 8 systems, dubbed Archangel-3, would immeadietely be ordered.

400px-German_Patriot_missile_launcher.jp

A specialized radar would be developed, labeled Quantam Radar. This radar would be effective for up to 200 miles. The radar would effectively prevent any attempt to spoof the type of radar, and bypass any attempts at radar jamming. The systems would be contracted to cover the entire country, to effectively detect when enemy aircraft would enter Resorian airspace. Thanks to its development, the Resorian Satelite would be equipped with this new technology.

The High Chancellor would immeadietely order additional development on the weaponized nanobits, and a new project dubbed the Resorian Pheonix (F-18 Super Hornet). This stealth fighter would also be equipped with the Nano film designed to refract light and effectively render the fighter invisible to the standard eye. This would greatly improve performance capability.

Finally, an additional 2 Prometheus-1s would be ordered, and 5 standard spy satelites.

"Sir, the adjustments have been made to the nanobits ti be able to booste their signal strength beyond most jamming, and we've eliminated their ability to adapt technology into their building process. That way, we don't run into this issue again. 

Additionally, we've developed a prototype of the Pheonix stealth fighter, but it's far from ready to conduct training runs as of now. I think a few more months of development should produce a capable fighter.

Lastly the research team we sent to Laurentia is currently hard at work with a few MoG [corp] researchers, studying sakuradite, and it's power functionality." Frederick informed the chancellor.

"Excellent. And what's the status on the swarm?" Chancellor Spyre inquired.

"We've lost about 210 helicopters in the napalming, we've we've stemmed the tide of the nanobots as of now. The population loss of life is estimated at 58% of their total numbers, or 672,000 people." Frederick replied, solemnly.

"That cannot happen again. That Massacre will not go away for years to come. We've told the media not to cover it, but even still..."

.:classified:.

The Hermes towers that were scheduled for construction would find themselves completed as of today, with 28 across the nation. The OTW radar systems would find themselves completed as well, along with the Aegis Barricades in the 6 major ResorIan cities. The Aegis barricade system that is designed to defend the major cities, in conjunction with the EMP shells, would be equipped with enough VX to ensure a 15 day saturation of outer defenses.

Finally, the 2 Prometheus-1s and 5 spy satellites would find themselves completed, and would be launched into orbit within the next 48 hours. 

The report on the Phoenix reads:

Chancellor Spyre,

We have developed the twin engine stealth craft using the nanofilm to effectively refractive the light waves, and render the fighter mostly invisible. In standard dogfights, we find that the Pheonix's weapons are unable to keep up with the speed of the aircraft. We are immediately attempting to find a remedy for this issue. 

• Moderators

Spectral I apologize for commenting but I do want to say something.

How @Spectral is RPing his development in tech and etc., is how I think everyone should RP their research and development. 

Good job Spectral!

• Upvote 3

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

The phone would ring in Chancellor Spyre's office. The man would pick it up, wondering who could be calling at such an hour.

'Sir, we've had a breakthrough. After thorough analysis of the Sakuradite core that MoG [corp] gave to us, we've been able to utilize a certain pulse similar to our EMP, that neutralizes the chemical processes in the sakuradite, dubbed Gefjun Disturber. This pulse is short range, though we plan to improve its efficiency. We can use this to effectively mine the sakuradite. Rather than the snails pace we would normally have to mine it at, we can now mine it at a speed similar to our uranium mines.'

"That's excellent news. I want to dispatch the prototype to a mine we're establishing in the former Nigerian area."

Edited by Spectral

Resoria would immeadietely begin using its 8 shipyards to produce Sea wolf class subs in 3 of the shipyards, and Burke class destroyers in 5 of the shipyards. The shipyards could effectively accommodate 2 submarines or 1 destroyer. 11 more shipyards would be contracted to be built over the next 6 months.

(Ooc 1 sub takes 5 days and 1 destroyer takes 9. As such, current rate is 12 subs and 5 destroyers every 10 ooc days. This would cost 4.6 billion credits.)

• Upvote 1

Two reports lie on the desk of the Chancellor. As usual, they are updates on the development of new technologies.

Chancellor Spyre,

We've managed to develop smart bullets, which utilize a short ranged quantum radar that tracks enemy aircraft within the surrounding 35 mile radius. With this advancement, the Phoenix is now combat ready.

Keat,

I know this was put on the back burner, but I've been able to successfully graft steel onto the bones of an adolescent. The project, dubbed Stars, is gradually developing it's progress. With the steel on their bones preventing fractures from occuring, along with intense military training from the age of 5 to 17, the subjects prove themselves more than capable. We are also utilizing steroids and shock therapy to dramatically improve their reflex capabilities. These black op forces will be more than capable of carrying out special missions. 

The Chancellor would reply with;

Excellent news on the Phoenix. I want them mass produced immeadietely. We can eliminate the production of F-18 and Challenger-IIs for this.

Good. I want 700 in the program immeadietely. Do what you have to in order to get the subjects for the project.

A knock would sound on the door of the Chancellor office.

"Come in" came a wary response. As the well built man walked in, with a grin from ear to ear accross his face, he noticed the tired looking Chancellor.

"Have I come at an inopportune time?" The man inquired, though the smile didn't cease for a second.

"I was about to leave the office, but I can tell you have good news, Randy. Spill it, I can see its eating you up." The Chancellor told him, a smirk forming upon his face.

"The Gefjun Disturber's efficiency has been improved, and is capable of reaching an effective distance of 80 miles on a standard generator, and an affected distance of 130 miles. If we equip it with a repurposed reactor, it's effective distance reaches 170 miles, with an affected distance of 210 miles." The man chittered excitedly.

"Excellent. I'd like you to forward this MoG [corp], as per the agreement. If that's all-" The Chancellor began, before the man interrupted once more.

"We also have a request to shift the teams on developing the nanobot's to a more productive, defensive project. It essentially creates an underwater silo system, which fires a theoretical redesign of the trident missiles, utilizing MRV technology. Splitting into 4 other warheads, it hits the ships underbelly, and rips a hole, causing the ship itself to sink." The man explained all at ince, nearly out of breath.

"Very well, you have my permission to do so. At the very keast, it's good to be orepared. If that's all, I'll take my leave." The Chancellor informed him, as he stood from his chair.

"Very well, sir. Goodnight." The man bid the Chancellor farewell, and then departed back to his own office.

With the completion of the 11 shipyards being built over the course of the last 8 months, taking 2 months longer than usual, the project would finally conclude. As such, Resoria would immeadietely order the additional construction of 3 carriers, 12 cruisers and 12 submaribes, to continue to rush towards a sizeable navy for the coastal nation.

An email rests in the Chancellor's encrypted server. The report reads:

Mr Spyre, we've managed to repurposed the sub-based Trident missile system to function from undersea silos. They show real promise, and I think we'll be able to begin building the sites within the next 3 months.

After rereading the email for the third time, the Chancellor finally wrote his reply.

"That's excellent news. I also want your people to begin development of the large scale railgun project, the MAC Cannon. I know we have a second team who is sitting idle, so we should have the hands to manage it. I'd like one that can fit on our new destroyers, as well as stationary platforms for defenses."

The Chancellor would then forward another email to the head of the newly made Office of Intelligence.

"I want you to begin the procedures we had instructed you to use. Getting rid of USB ports and drives, as well as cutting network access to all but the designated heads of office and the network management head. After that's put into affect, you are to implant the new network for recording the Personal Identification Codes, which are to include the individual's name, DNA, criminal history, and finger prints. They will be required for every citizen. Every tourist will be required to provide a passport, which will be implanted with a tracking device, upon entry. Lastly, I want you to begin setting up a network of counter intelligence agents and cameras to capture foreign agents operating on our soil. Its become apparent recently that terrorist organizations are gaining ground around the world, and we must ensure this does not occur on our territory."

Edited by Spectral

A third project would by ordered to be initiated, this one a fairly simple one. The goal:

Develop a buoy that was capable of broadcasting specialized signals. The primary function of this buoy, was to broadcast a 30 minute conversation on a loop accross a dozen frequencies, to make tracking Resorian ships that much harder. The secondary function, which would be used in the event of the fleet being found, or simply to aid the ships in am engagement, would begin radar jamming. This would initialize DRFM jamming, making it appear as though hundreds of aircraft were approaching the enemy vessels.

The Chancellor would drum his fingers on the keyboard, contemplating the reports he just recieved.

It read:

Chancellor Spyre, it's Frederick. The Trident overhaul system was a complete success. The system was test fired from a silo and hit a mock ship, after splitting into 12 individual warheads, and 11 of them crashed into the hull. It was then fired from the submarines, which resulted in 7 of the 12 warheads hitting the mock ship. The priMary hickup was the captains not utilosing their space properly, and 4 of them crashes into a nearby reef. They simply need more use out of it."

Re:

"That's excellent news. I want every sub in the fleet to carry 4 of these new torpedos, and 2 in the tunes ready to fire at all times. Additionally, I want enough silos to house 600 on the port being built. Then, I want 200 in the ports in Sri Lanka and the Spanish Island. Lastly, I want your team to begin working on an exoskeleton for our troops, to enhance their abilities as much as possible."

"Mr. Spyre, the MAC Cannon you requested has been setup. Though we regret to say the power requirement for this weapon exceeds reasonable parameters. For now, all we can do is utilize a stationary platform. Along with the power issues, the stress generated from each shot prevents us from firing the weapon more than once every 2 minutes. These issues are critical, but I strongly believe we can improve them given time."

Re:

"Keep me posted on the developments you make on the project."

"Keat, we finished the buoy, and paired it with the sonar buoy as ordered. We use the fission core to power the buoy, and it broadcasts a conversation on a loop accross 12 frequencies, to prevent tracing down the location of Resorian assets. Additionally, should that fail, or if you simply need to engage the opposing navy, it broadcasts DRFM jamming and makes it appear as though several hundred aircraft were approaching the intended target. The entire time, simultaneously broadcasting sonar and relaying the information on a secure channel to prevent an unknown assault from submersabiles. The effective rangel of the buoy is 5 miles."

Re:

"Good, I want every carrier to hold 20 of them, and the tactic is to spread them in a circular pattern to ensure the security of the naval vessels. Additionally, I want your team to begin working on a modern APC design for our troops. It is imperative we protect our troops" 

"Sir, we've come to you with a plan to develop our ASW capabilities. We plan to drop a string of hydrophones in a system labeled IUSS. We would have one of our carrier groups drop them, and then we'd utilize the listening post design here-" He would hand the High Chancellor the schematic. "And be able to detect the movement of subs in the waters for thousands of miles. We would also detect surface ships and aircraft that go beyond the speed if sound, however. The problem is in larger groups we would be unable to determine the number or the differences. In such a scenario, we would need to utilize our spy satelites to determine that."

seaorbiter-2.jpg

"Excellent. What would the cost to establish a network of these in the Atlantic Ocean and Indian Ocean?"

"S-sir? I mean, to do it on that scale would cost us 4.6 billion credits. Since we would need 4 research vessels."

"Then we will contact MoG [corp] and Umbrella to see if they'd be interested in helping us fund this. Additionally, list the Mediterranean as well. You are to begin the project ASAP."

"Yes sir."

Edited by Spectral

As of now, the ships delivered by MoG [corp] would be equipped with a Quantam radar, the cruisers and missile boats would be equipped with SM-6 missiles, GPS jamming devices, a series of high powered flares, the carriers would be given 20 Daikos buoys, the figjters swapped pit for Pheonix class fighters, and they would be shielded entirely against the Prometheus satelite, and especially hardened to standard EMP strikes. Finally, the laser defenses attached to the destroyers would be reverse engineered with great haste, in an attempt to apply them to Resorian-made vessels.

The process of applying the nano film to the new filter would begin.

Edited by Spectral

With tensions rising in the area, 700 SM-6, 800 S500, 800 BARAK-8, and 1,100 Tomahawk missiles would be farried to Mallorca. 150,000 infantry, 15,000 Sentinel Gen-IIIs, 1,000 Damocles', and a nuclear powered Gefjun Disturber would be assigned to both Mallorca and Sri Lankan territory.

2 of the spy satelites would begin to train their focus in Hungadada and monitoring the troop and naval movements of the nation. Any signs of military movements would be sent to MoG [coro], along with SPARTAn signatories.

Finally, all 11 satelites would use their radar to mark and track satelites in orbit. Anything confirmed non-SPARTAn would be cataloged.

Edited by Spectral

The new Resorian ships would finish the equipment implamentation, and two were sent to begin secretly laying down the cable framework for a network of IUSS sites and listening posts with the funding from MoG [corp], accross the atlantic oceans. The third carrier group would implament the chips and be sent to the island of Sri Lanka, to further fortify the new territory.

In a rush, an EMP shell from another location had been taken and sent to facilitate the Mallorcan Ports defense build up, leaving only a few weeks left before it's Preperation was complete.

Finally, the hull of the Iowa battleship was taken, and the development of the modern day Resorian Battlecruiser would begin, while the laser Ballistic Missile Defense System was being reverse engineered and the MAC Cannon being developed.

Construction would finally come to a close to the defenses on the Mallorcan island military port, capable of holding 5 carrier groups. The defenses and troops would include:

EMP shell, 15 iron dome batteries, 1,900 BARAK-8 missile, 1,600 s-500 missiles, 700 SM-6 misssiles, 1,100 tomahawk missiles, 5 Archangel systems, 2 Hermes towers, an airport to hold up to 300 aircraft, OTW radar station, 150,000 infantry, 15,000 Sentinel Gen-IIIs, 1,000 Damocles', carrier groups Valkyrie and Endeavor,  and a nuclear powered Gefjun Disturber

Though this only covered 11% of the island, and the city that was on it posseased a moderate level SAM site and 1,400 men to defend it.

The prototype MAC Cannon, which was located on a platform in a secret base within the Homeland, was firing up its hybrid nuclear and Sakuradite reactor. The research team was bustling about, trying to make last minute adjustments on the device. The Chancellor, Head of Research Heath Ashgrown, and the Head of Defense Michael Ashgrown, stood on a raised platform, watching the Preperations take place. They had been waiting around for nearly an hour already, and clearly looked impatient. "Reactor is hot, preparing to fire with output at 22%. Target is 800 miles north, designation is the CAK government military base. Firing in 3...2...1..."

A loud boom was heard, and the 1 ton rod of magnetic depleted uranium was fired at the speed of mach 11, flying through the air at tremendous speed. It reached its destination in 140 seconds, and the results were greater than predicted. The strike killed hundreds, and devestated the entire installation.

.:Public info:.

A rod came barreling into the installation faster than radar could pick up. The end result was the rod crashing down with an impact force of over 50,000 pounds, and left a crater 26 miles in diameter. The aftershock of the weapon could be felt as a class 3 earthquake for resoria, and a minor class 1 in south Africa and egypt.

The staff and cabinet watched the scene in awe, as the ground under the protottpe was cracked, and then the Chancellor came to and said:

"That would be good for a stationary platform, but implausible for our current intent. The power usage needs to be decreased, so the entire ship isn't shot to the side when it fires the weapon. Not to mention we don't want it creating a tsunami every time it fires."

"Of course, Chancellor. Well continue to make improvements upon the design."

Edited by Spectral

The Chancellor would once again begin to read the reports on his desk.

Chancellor Spyre,

We've managed to develop 2 forms of exosuits. The first, is a basic frame developed to enhance the body's capabilities, it uses only hydrolics and the like, so it is immune to weaponized EMPs. However, another suit exists that is more advanced, albeit much more expensive. This suit utilizes more advanced technology, with a copper network of veins to conduct incoming EMP blasts and detract the majority of the assault, while simultaneously using the energy from the EMP as a form of shield against itself. The suit also has 2 forms of camo. The first is passive camo, utilizing the nano film from the aircraft, which can render visual confirmation exceptionally hard. The second uses the nanofilm, and upgrades it to shift to make sure that the user is completely invisible. Niether gets rid of the heat entirely, although the suit itself is designed to minimize heat signature, making it easy to mistake the wearer for a small animal. Passive camo can last forever, while active camo can only be used for an hour at a time, before it has to recharge for 4 hours.

crysis-us-nanosuit-1324.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwBNIhtkUqqgMi7PCd90e

Mr Spyre,

We've managed to develop the MAC Cannon into a stationary land-based platform, and a mobile ship-based platform. The ship based platform fires a 1 ton rod at speeds of mach 11, and is capable of firing once every 4 minutes. It's range is a maximum of 1,500 miles, while it's effective precise range is 840 miles. The stationary land based platform fires a 4 ton rod at speeds of mach 16, and is capable of firing once every 5 minutes. It's maximum range is 2,200 miles, while it's effective precise range is 1,250 miles.

haloreach_equipment_unsc_weapons_platfor

Keat,

We've been working on the APC design, and have made the basic progress. So far, no remarkable traits, working to give it a booster to speed and armor over its offensive capabilities. Will keep you informed.

The Chancellor would hastily type away on his keyboard, keen getting new projects underway.

Frederick, I would rather have the best than the most affordable. Well use a 2 year plan on updating our ground forces with the new, more advanced suits. In the meantime, I want you working towards developing us a state of the art helicopter/troop transport. This is of paramount inportance. I want a focus on stealth.

I'm glad to hear that you've completed the MAC Cannon, I've ordered the first to be fitted onto the new Resorian Battlecruiser. Well also begin building platforms at key locations to expand our strike range. Now, I want you developing our laser ballistic defense capabilities. I have plans I'd like to have finished ASAP.

That's good, keep working hard and I know you'll come up with something. The APC will help save many of our troops lives.

Edited by Spectral

The Resorian Battlecruiser would finally finish, and the ENC would begin to send the vessel off, to regroup with battleground in Mallorca.

The new battle cruiser used a battleship hull, with basic armor, the propulsion system from the Carrier, and a hybrid sakuradite and nuclear reactor. The sakuradite would act as a supplement power supply to the power, and in the event a Gefjun Disturber was used, would only lessen the reactors power as opposed to eliminating it. The reactor was taken from the carrier, and designed to fit into the battle cruiser.

The center if the hull had been designed to hold the reactor, so that in the event of the ship being damage, it could still return to port as needed. Armor thickness will measure up to 6 inches thick while a secondary kevlar spall liner will back-up the steel.

The weapons on the hull include 4 reverse engineered Laser Weapons Systems, 4 hybrid railguns, 1 MAC Cannon, 4 MK 26 missile launchers, 110 SM-6 missiles, and 30 tomahawk missiles. The battlecruiser is considered to be on par with the carrier in terms of capital ships. It's offensive power makes it the most powerful weapon in the Resorian Naval Arsenal, and plans have begun to outfit every fleet with 1 battlecruiser, with plans to upgrade it to 2 per group by the end of the 6 year build up period.

Schematics for the Resorian Battlecruiser

Plans would also be drafted to double the shipyards in the homeland.

Edited by Spectral