The Orbis Oracle (TOO): Issue 6

Ripper

Wanna know about NK or nuke bloc? Ask us and not recieve the speculations of a deranged puppet. Think Nuke bloc will sit if you don't counter NK? Only one way to find out. Are we doing this orbis or you gonna pull !@#$ again.......?

Love the paper ripper

Edited by Apeman
Ape masterbation
  • Upvote 2

1G8otDFHQNuBoIHc6IR5UA.png

Not sure if this is troll, or where it's coming from, but there is not a lick of tensions between TCW and tTO just for clarification. I'm not sure where this comes from, but it ain't true. 

• Upvote 4

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

7 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

Not sure if this is troll, or where it's coming from, but there is not a lick of tensions between TCW and tTO just for clarification. I'm not sure where this comes from, but it ain't true. 

Sue @Insert Name Here. :v

18 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

I called it three issues back, but no one believed me.

Fake news.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes 44 seconds of my life invested here.

Decent write up about the coming OWW - even if it is just fiction for now. Modern day P&W-themed 'The Art of War' <_<

• Upvote 1

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

1 hour ago, Justin076 said:

^ This 100%

As a mutual ally of both TCW and tTO, I haven't been alerted at all to any tension between the two. There also haven't been any incidents between them that would cause tension. 

Faker news that Templar Radio confirmed. 

• Upvote 4

new_forum_sig_2.png

Extended Interview With Fraggle (Because Ripper felt the need to cut the best parts):

jack3top:

ahem thats interesting...

Will there be a chance you will change your playstyle in the future and follow the more "standard" path? like the path Im in?(edited)

WemblyFraggle:

Normal? Who is to say what is "normal"? I once knew a man named Adebisi. He was considered to be a cancer to the system. But there were many layers to him. Sure he might have cut off the head of an under cover police officer and was known for prison rape...but it was the sub context that people always over looked. So to place a label on Adebisi or myself would be to not know who we are.

jack3top:

would you like to share some short and long term goals you have in mind for your nation?

WemblyFraggle:

Fraggle Rock lives. We have always done what the muppets want to do, regardless of any short or long term goals. Sure we have tanked the nation a few times to achieve short term pleasure. We do this not for us, but for the Merovingian bloodline. We take our space from his knowledge in conjunction with the sun god.

jack3top:

what advice do you have for gullible newbies that want to follow the path you took?

I mean aspiring newbies

WemblyFraggle:

Again, to label new people as new defeats the purpose of this. Nobody can view this experiment as new or old people, dumb or smart, wealthy or poor. I kid. No I don't. It's true. Any nation can achieve what they want. We go through this day in and day out to fill a need. Some have bad intentions. Some have pure intentions. The vast majority is only concerned about themselves and how not to better the world. That's fine to a point. My French Canadian friend from Tonga would disagree with most of this. Fraggle Rock tends to agree with this person.

jack3top:

what advice do you have for others to survive ths storm as well?

WemblyFraggle:

Listen to your heart. Follow your brain. Jog more in the afternoon to get a solid sweat. Be prepared for whatever happens. Have three days of food and supplies ready. Prepare the vehicles with at least three quarters of a tank of gas.

jack3top:

when do you think the storm will occur?(edited)

WemblyFraggle:

Nobody can ever predict that. Anyone who tries to control the weather is either a liar or a snake oils salesperson. All we can do is be prepared. We go on and on and hope for clean days. Sunday Monday, Happy Days. Tuesday Wednesday, Happy Days. Thursday Friday, Happy Days. The weekend comes....and maybe not so happy. Who can correctly predict anything?

jack3top:

mhmm

From spaceman thrax "what would have happened to D'Angelo Barksdale if he'd got transferred to Oz"

WemblyFraggle:

Alright. D'Angelo was born to circumstance. Sure his mother and uncle (Avon) were also born into the family, but the pressure placed on D'Angelo was apparent from the start. He had no choice in life. While he believes that he has a higher awareness of his situation, there is nothing he can do to change it. Walking away will not work. His only true escape is the drug use that will lead to his ultimate downfall. The warning signs were there for others to see, yet they did nothing because he was most useful to be used as a pawn. So his life in Oz would be very similar. Intelligent and street smart, he would not be taken advantage of right away. Clearly he knows Kenny Wrangler, and would fit in well with Poet. But this would only lead to the same issues that caused him to end up in Oz. So at best, he might become a number 3 or 2 for the homeboys. But his issues and drug abuse will kill him, or have him end up in a plot that sends him to death row. Avon, if there, would only cause more harm to his nephew.

jack3top:

could you give some background of the names you mentioned like D`Angelo and Avon?is this from some tv series or what?

WemblyFraggle:

No. Just some people from the neighborhood

jack3top:

your neighbourhood?

WemblyFraggle:

A neighborhood that I am aware of

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Ripper said:

And yet, no nukes were launched.

I don't know what else to do.

If you want to buy the nuclear project for me, I'll have fixed up in a jiffy.

Ceterum censeo Arrghinem esse delendam

(Furthermore, I consider that Arrgh must be destroyed)

Another great issue folks! And now I can't wait for next week's issue so I can find out who we're supposed to be having tensions with from the Easy Mode perspective. It's all quite revelatory! :P

cfRL2mF.gif

:wub: Luv u INH!

• Upvote 5

MofFA United Purple Nations

Former Grosskomtur, FA Minister and Spitler (IA) -Teutonic Order. Former Reclusiarch (IA) - UPN.

le61twR.png

Welp, you guys are really taking the TCW-tTO thing at face value, aren't you? :P Relax boys, like I said "they should try working every angle". Maybe my sources are wrong, just chill... This is merely an opinion article from some deranged lunatic, no more no less.

Anywho, apparently Ripper doesn't believe in free press, so he decided to reduce my wall of text from 4 to 3 pages. Therefore here is the full version for all of you who, like me, have no lyfe.

And I heart u 2 Malichy bby. :wub:

The next global war - from IQ's perspective

Global wars: for many P&W players they're the most enjoyable part of the game. Some like it for the politics (drama, treaty chess or simply the shitposting on the OWF). Others just care about fighting. While others just want to grab some popcorn and war profiteer.

Usually there's 2 ways a global war can unfold. The first (and most common one) is the traditional global war, if you will - coalition warfare planned in advance, where one of the sides attacks the other on a mass scale; the second (and quite rare) consists on a snowball effect kind of global war, where for instance alliance A attacks alliance B, then alliance C comes in to defend alliance B, after which alliance D will attack alliance C in defense of alliance B, till it all erupts in a mass scale conflict.

According to most, the next global war will only start months from now. For this brain damaged horse however, war is just around the corner. Having been involved in 7 alliance wars (3 of them global), the current Orbis landscape seems quite familiar. I've seen this movie before and I know how it ends: 2 very consolidated sides (IQ and Easy Mode), mass militarization on both, the already existing tensions between them and the ones that arise with each passing day of uncertainty and hunger for power... It's gonna happen, folks. And it's gonna be sooner rather than later. In this fool's opinion, we'll have a global war starting before October, but only time will tell...

For IQ this is an even better opportunity than the one which preceded the "Trail of Tiers" world war. And there's several reasons why.

For starters, major players have left Easy Mode. By Easy Mode I'm taking into consideration 5 relevant alliances: TKR (the pillar of the sphere), Pantheon, Rose, Guardian and TCW.

Having spent almost a year in t$ and well over a year on Easy Mode's side, I want to believe I know that sphere quite well, t$ in particular of course. By going paperless, I don't really believe t$, tC and CF have cut all their previous ties. However (and this is where most people might disagree), I think all 3 of those alliances have cut their ties to TKR and co. Meaning, I could see t$, tC and CF defending each other and maybe even coordinating to attack someone else, but I doubt they'll be getting involved in the next global conflict unless directly attacked.

Which Is why, in my humble opinion, IQ should try to leave them alone. Because let's face it... if you don't want those 3 (especially t$) fighting against you next war, the only way that's ever gonna happen is if you don't preempt them; sure they might still join even if not directly attacked, but at least there's a chance - a considerable one in my view-  they won't if left alone.

Zed (who's someone I really like and know - I think - fairly well) tends to be conservative and somewhat of a pacifist, as far as his FA decisions are concerned. Which is why I found it pretty surprising t$ decided to burn all their paper under his helm. But I reckon Zed will try to keep t$ out of trouble (aka wars) unless faced with extreme circumstances.

Obviously worth noting, as well, it's Mensa's disbandment. You could always argue that most of the active members remain on Easy Mode's side, which is true since a good chunk went to Guardian. But don't let yourselves get fooled... Mensa's disbandment has also weakened Easy Mode significantly.

Furthermore, we should remark that GOB has also cut their paper ties with TKR. Sure they didn't take part in the last world war, but they were still going to fight for Easy Mode if needed. Add to that Hogwarts (who for all I know can fight for Easy Mode, fight against them, fight someone else, or simply sit out). And don't forget CoS. I had a feeling they'd also join in last war if t$ needed. Even though I don't really think they have some sort of binding arrangement with t$, simply because that doesn't sound much like Manthrax, at least these days as leader of CoS.

For IQ's sake, I'd recommend they preempt the right alliances. Instead of leaving their biggest threat untouched like last war, afraid of the PR repercussions from hitting a former ally. You go into a war to win, period. The PR repercussions would always be bad for IQ, seen as they've kept their treaties to use them as meatshields in their treaty chess for that war. Doesn't matter if you attack TKR directly, attacking them indirectly - through their allies and by fighting against their side - has the exact same effect. Take note, BK. The only way IQ could have avoided all the shit thrown at them last war would have been by winning. The shit would still be thrown, but nobody would be able to do squat about it. Because if you had won you'd be in a dominant position, and therefore none of that would really matter.

This next global war (and if it had started a few weeks ago), I could see why you wouldn't want to preempt TKR. For all we knew at the time, Nuke Bloc could be triggered into fighting against IQ's side through the NK tie. But after some inputs from gov members of Nuke Bloc alliances, now the most likely outcome for me would be having just NK defend TKR if directly attacked, having also the rest of the bloc come in if someone in IQsphere was stupid enough to think countering NK would be a good idea.

Moreover, a few weeks ago one might have assumed that Spectrum would be fighting for Easy Mode too next world war. But after their disbandment and what House Stark's Cypher said about TKR, I'm confident the only ex-Spectrum alliance fighting for Easy Mode next war will be R&R.

So where did I want to get at? IQ should just take the risk of preempting TKR and getting countered by NK, not sending anybody to retaliate. IQ's only hope at winning / not losing the next world war is by hitting TKR hard, simple as that. To me IQsphere should do something like (not sure if all of the following would be willing to fight, but with persuasion - and since it'd be in their best interest IQ did well - I reckon they would):

- get BK, NPO and SK on TKR;
- get Zodiac, GoG and Cornerstone on Rose;
- get Acadia, House Baratheon, AIM and Duat on Guardian.

Then they should obviously have counters in place for the likes of Pantheon and TCW. Alliances like Valkyrie, OWR, Lordaeron, Cerberus and Polaris come to mind. Hell, they should try to work every possible angle. Like the tensions between TCW and tTO. I mean, what do they have to lose by trying to convince tTO into hitting TCW in a good position, while they're already busy? As for CKD, I reckon Roq could maybe convince them into joining, since NPO protects them and the rest of CKD's treaties are optional.

Don't get me wrong: IQsphere will get rolled in the 15+ city tier - their best hope there is if some wild card alliances such as Hogwarts, Durmstrang or Sparta decide to hit Easy Mode for some reason. Maybe to help Hogwarts's protectorate AIM if they decide to fight, I don't know...

The mid-tier - in this case the 13-14 city range - will be interesting, below that it will be a meatgrinder for Easy Mode nations. I'm curious to see how TKR is going to perform, to be honest. My personal stance is that they're going to struggle, since they're not that hard to hit by IQsphere, TKR being a predominantly mid-tier alliance and all. But IQsphere just has to preempt them in the first wave, otherwise it's lights out for them.

I'm also curious to see how TKR will react if put in a delicate spot, since all they know is winning. Would they have the heart to withstand a few weeks or maybe months of beating? I don't know, maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. This time around, a long war - provided TKR has a tough time - might make more sense for IQ's side. People underestimate aspects like morale and resilience. Would the TKR gov crumble if the vast majority of their membership started voicing their frustration due to being rolled for a long period of time? Who knows... But TKR is the heart of their sphere (the head of the snake if you will; no offense TKR, it's just an expression :p), so by keeping constant pressure on them, IQ would gain huge leverage in terms of peace negotiations, even if the rest of the coalition is doing well.

IQsphere must play more with the psychological part of the game. Many P&W players, including a bunch in alliances that normally participate in global wars, love their pixels and take losses / getting rolled way too seriously. As cruel as it sounds, you should make your opponents wanna delete. You should use pretty much every psychological warfare weapon at your disposal to win. How do you break your enemies' spirits? By pinning down as many as you can, not letting them breathe and prolonging their misery for as long as possible. Those signs of low morale, especially when voiced, can bring an alliance and even a coalition down, so you (in this case IQsphere) should use it to your advantage as much as possible.

Well that's it. Next week I'll make part II of this rambling series, which will be the war from Easy Mode's perspective. See you then!
Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Apeman said:

Wanna know about NK or nuke bloc? Ask us and not recieve the speculations of a deranged puppet. Think Nuke bloc will sit if you don't counter NK? Only one way to find out. Are we doing this orbis or you gonna pull &#33;@#&#036; again.......?

This is interesting. So are you saying, in practice, Nuke Bloc has an MnDoAP with TKR?

14 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

Welp, you guys are really taking the TCW-tTO thing at face value, aren't you? :P Relax boys, like I said "they should try working every angle". Maybe my sources are wrong, just chill... This is merely an opinion article from some deranged lunatic, no more no less.

Anywho, apparently Ripper doesn't believe in free press, so he decided to reduce my wall of text from 4 to 3 pages. Therefore here is the full version for all of you who, like me, have no lyfe.

And I heart u 2 Malichy bby.

Reveal hidden contents

The next global war - from IQ's perspective

Global wars: for many P&W players they're the most enjoyable part of the game. Some like it for the politics (drama, treaty chess or simply the shitposting on the OWF). Others just care about fighting. While others just want to grab some popcorn and war profiteer.

Usually there's 2 ways a global war can unfold. The first (and most common one) is the traditional global war, if you will - coalition warfare planned in advance, where one of the sides attacks the other on a mass scale; the second (and quite rare) consists on a snowball effect kind of global war, where for instance alliance A attacks alliance B, then alliance C comes in to defend alliance B, after which alliance D will attack alliance C in defense of alliance B, till it all erupts in a mass scale conflict.

According to most, the next global war will only start months from now. For this brain damaged horse however, war is just around the corner. Having been involved in 7 alliance wars (3 of them global), the current Orbis landscape seems quite familiar. I've seen this movie before and I know how it ends: 2 very consolidated sides (IQ and Easy Mode), mass militarization on both, the already existing tensions between them and the ones that arise with each passing day of uncertainty and hunger for power... It's gonna happen, folks. And it's gonna be sooner rather than later. In this fool's opinion, we'll have a global war starting before October, but only time will tell...

For IQ this is an even better opportunity than the one which preceded the "Trail of Tiers" world war. And there's several reasons why.

For starters, major players have left Easy Mode. By Easy Mode I'm taking into consideration 5 relevant alliances: TKR (the pillar of the sphere), Pantheon, Rose, Guardian and TCW.

Having spent almost a year in t$ and well over a year on Easy Mode's side, I want to believe I know that sphere quite well, t$ in particular of course. By going paperless, I don't really believe t$, tC and CF have cut all their previous ties. However (and this is where most people might disagree), I think all 3 of those alliances have cut their ties to TKR and co. Meaning, I could see t$, tC and CF defending each other and maybe even coordinating to attack someone else, but I doubt they'll be getting involved in the next global conflict unless directly attacked.

Which Is why, in my humble opinion, IQ should try to leave them alone. Because let's face it... if you don't want those 3 (especially t$) fighting against you next war, the only way that's ever gonna happen is if you don't preempt them; sure they might still join even if not directly attacked, but at least there's a chance - a considerable one in my view-  they won't if left alone.

Zed (who's someone I really like and know - I think - fairly well) tends to be conservative and somewhat of a pacifist, as far as his FA decisions are concerned. Which is why I found it pretty surprising t$ decided to burn all their paper under his helm. But I reckon Zed will try to keep t$ out of trouble (aka wars) unless faced with extreme circumstances.

Obviously worth noting, as well, it's Mensa's disbandment. You could always argue that most of the active members remain on Easy Mode's side, which is true since a good chunk went to Guardian. But don't let yourselves get fooled... Mensa's disbandment has also weakened Easy Mode significantly.

Furthermore, we should remark that GOB has also cut their paper ties with TKR. Sure they didn't take part in the last world war, but they were still going to fight for Easy Mode if needed. Add to that Hogwarts (who for all I know can fight for Easy Mode, fight against them, fight someone else, or simply sit out). And don't forget CoS. I had a feeling they'd also join in last war if t$ needed. Even though I don't really think they have some sort of binding arrangement with t$, simply because that doesn't sound much like Manthrax, at least these days as leader of CoS.

For IQ's sake, I'd recommend they preempt the right alliances. Instead of leaving their biggest threat untouched like last war, afraid of the PR repercussions from hitting a former ally. You go into a war to win, period. The PR repercussions would always be bad for IQ, seen as they've kept their treaties to use them as meatshields in their treaty chess for that war. Doesn't matter if you attack TKR directly, attacking them indirectly - through their allies and by fighting against their side - has the exact same effect. Take note, BK. The only way IQ could have avoided all the shit thrown at them last war would have been by winning. The shit would still be thrown, but nobody would be able to do squat about it. Because if you had won you'd be in a dominant position, and therefore none of that would really matter.

This next global war (and if it had started a few weeks ago), I could see why you wouldn't want to preempt TKR. For all we knew at the time, Nuke Bloc could be triggered into fighting against IQ's side through the NK tie. But after some inputs from gov members of Nuke Bloc alliances, now the most likely outcome for me would be having just NK defend TKR if directly attacked, having also the rest of the bloc come in if someone in IQsphere was stupid enough to think countering NK would be a good idea.

Moreover, a few weeks ago one might have assumed that Spectrum would be fighting for Easy Mode too next world war. But after their disbandment and what House Stark's Cypher said about TKR, I'm confident the only ex-Spectrum alliance fighting for Easy Mode next war will be R&R.

So where did I want to get at? IQ should just take the risk of preempting TKR and getting countered by NK, not sending anybody to retaliate. IQ's only hope at winning / not losing the next world war is by hitting TKR hard, simple as that. To me IQsphere should do something like (not sure if all of the following would be willing to fight, but with persuasion - and since it'd be in their best interest IQ did well - I reckon they would):

- get BK, NPO and SK on TKR;
- get Zodiac, GoG and Cornerstone on Rose;
- get Acadia, House Baratheon, AIM and Duat on Guardian.

Then they should obviously have counters in place for the likes of Pantheon and TCW. Alliances like Valkyrie, OWR, Lordaeron, Cerberus and Polaris come to mind. Hell, they should try to work every possible angle. Like the tensions between TCW and tTO. I mean, what do they have to lose by trying to convince tTO into hitting TCW in a good position, while they're already busy? As for CKD, I reckon Roq could maybe convince them into joining, since NPO protects them and the rest of CKD's treaties are optional.

Don't get me wrong: IQsphere will get rolled in the 15+ city tier - their best hope there is if some wild card alliances such as Hogwarts, Durmstrang or Sparta decide to hit Easy Mode for some reason. Maybe to help Hogwarts's protectorate AIM if they decide to fight, I don't know...

The mid-tier - in this case the 13-14 city range - will be interesting, below that it will be a meatgrinder for Easy Mode nations. I'm curious to see how TKR is going to perform, to be honest. My personal stance is that they're going to struggle, since they're not that hard to hit by IQsphere, TKR being a predominantly mid-tier alliance and all. But IQsphere just has to preempt them in the first wave, otherwise it's lights out for them.

I'm also curious to see how TKR will react if put in a delicate spot, since all they know is winning. Would they have the heart to withstand a few weeks or maybe months of beating? I don't know, maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. This time around, a long war - provided TKR has a tough time - might make more sense for IQ's side. People underestimate aspects like morale and resilience. Would the TKR gov crumble if the vast majority of their membership started voicing their frustration due to being rolled for a long period of time? Who knows... But TKR is the heart of their sphere (the head of the snake if you will; no offense TKR, it's just an expression :p), so by keeping constant pressure on them, IQ would gain huge leverage in terms of peace negotiations, even if the rest of the coalition is doing well.

IQsphere must play more with the psychological part of the game. Many P&W players, including a bunch in alliances that normally participate in global wars, love their pixels and take losses / getting rolled way too seriously. As cruel as it sounds, you should make your opponents wanna delete. You should use pretty much every psychological warfare weapon at your disposal to win. How do you break your enemies' spirits? By pinning down as many as you can, not letting them breathe and prolonging their misery for as long as possible. Those signs of low morale, especially when voiced, can bring an alliance and even a coalition down, so you (in this case IQsphere) should use it to your advantage as much as possible.

Well that's it. Next week I'll make part II of this rambling series, which will be the war from Easy Mode's perspective. See you then!

I still love you <3

• Upvote 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

1 hour ago, Insert Name Here said:

This is interesting. So are you saying, in practice, Nuke Bloc has an MnDoAP with TKR?

He's saying "I WANT TO NUKE! DOESN'T MATTER WHO, NUKE! NUKE! NUKE!"

Their plan is to start the war with the easy mode and nuke IQ, then switch side and nuke easy mode, and finally nuke themselves causing so much radiations that farms will never ever produce food again, at this point Mensa will come back to life just to complain about the zero food production

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Micchan said:

Their plan is to start the war with the easy mode and nuke IQ, then switch side and nuke easy mode, and finally nuke themselves causing so much radiations that farms will never ever produce food again, at this point Mensa will come back to life just to complain about the zero food production

Can I put this in my paper ?

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

On 9/16/2017 at 6:13 PM, Micchan said:

Why would Mensa complain about zero food production?  Lol

Nm, I get it.  Too tired to keep up with you kids.

Edited by Buorhann