DoO condemns The Royal Dragons, laughs

Sir Scarfalot

The Royal Dragons are a joke. I've never seen a more hopeless case of pathetic, and I was a member of The Bloc Death.

First, some context. I am, of course, the director of the Department of Opposition, a micro alliance that gives no ****ks and raids anyone. Since I'm active and am not part of a bigger alliance, and have self-funded 9 cities (more accurately raid-funded tbh), I tend to get a lot of invitations to join someone's alliance. I turn these down, but politely if possible.

So, when I got this message from TRD's economics and IA officer, I corrected him a bit harshly.

hU4YlQN.png

Now, surely that's the end of it, right? Nope, after being chastised, he doubles down!

nvY6wwf.png

I'm astonished at this display of mathematical illiteracy, so I look a bit deeper, and reply with this:

B2Os59l.png

That is the nation of the guy I'm messaging with. Their economics and IA officer had 5 cities when he sent the message. :lol:

The guy defends himself with this, though:

VmZ0sLU.png

:o Well! Apparently I was quite wrong about this guy and his alliance. An economics officer that keeps his nation lean so his allies can grow? An alliance that really puts their members first? That's great! I must apologize. I might even consider joining, if they're actually...

8bFmisN.png

....Nope. As of right now, their alliance has two players with six cities, and one with ten. All of them officers. The membership have 5 cities at most, and the vast majority have less than four. Oh, and the guy I'm messaging with gave himself a 6th city a few hours after the messages.

This lying and taking advantage of new players pisses me right off, so wars were declared. I also declared war on the other officer, since his nation description promises 'nuclear retaliation' for raids. While his alliance hasn't got a single NRF. Bite me, I can't be intimidated, and I hate liars and traitors.

zNXnZF8.png
bNa4yIp.png
bXdBFvJ.png

So of course, he tries to intimidate me. I counter with a very simple set of demands.

rhTM98F.png

A simple, non-mechanical meme demand, and also demand that he at least make some progress towards making good on his promises of city grants. Well...

tiIt7fc.png

That's right. Rather than spend resources on fulfilling his own promises to his own members, he's going to try to fight me.

Oh, but then it gets even better!

ykNwuZV.png

He tried to meme me with Taylor Swift's "Look what you made me do" VEVO. 248 million views, 2 weeks old. I've literally never seen a more normie attempt at meme warfare in my life. So I respond with proper meme warfare.

GkvczV2.png

Vocaloid, almost two years old, less than 9000 views. Because THAT is how these things are DONE.

Now, that is already more than enough, but The Royal Dragons go yet further still: They call in pacts :D

9hcN7J2.png

Now, there's certainly no shame in being a protectorate. And there's definitely nothing intrinsically wrong with calling on your protector's obligations. Alliances and agreements matter, after all, even if The Royal Dragons have shamefully neglected their members. However, there is indeed shame in calling in pacts against a lone-gun raider, especially when that raider replies with missiles, and doesn't give a damn about lost infrastructure.

WS9xLPF.png
a0SEKdv.png
d9trM7J.png

And just to put the cherry on top of this ***tshow, Zodiac gets BK involved. Because they can't be arsed to do their own spy work against a lone nation.

30URvpg.png

TL;DR:

The Royal Dragons fails to deliver promised city grants to their members, their Economics officer can't do math, their officers fund themselves before their members despite saying otherwise, chose to eat missiles and spend gas/munitions rather than fulfill their own promises, calls in pacts against a lone raider, and worst of all, engage in the most normie meme warfare I have ever seen.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 22

4 minutes ago, evilpiggyfoofoo said:

a02bd1240d23e7217cccc0f0f13c7b51.gif

O boy a micro fight! <3   

Better grab my popcorn.

O w8.... its not even a micro war.... its a "condemnation" 

Back in my day micros would declare war instead of sit around and condemn. What is this? Negotiations with North Korea?

• Upvote 6

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

Just now, Rache Olderen said:

Back in my day micros would declare war instead of sit around and condemn. What is this? Negotiations with North Korea?

I don't declare wars, I just oppose. It hardly counts as a war if there aren't at least two players on each side, and I'm on my own side.

6 minutes ago, evilpiggyfoofoo said:

-beautiful gif-

O boy a micro fight! <3   

Better grab my popcorn.

O w8.... its not even a micro war.... its a "condemnation" 

Well, if you read through it, you'll see that TRD called in Zodiac, a Zodiac officer is directly involved (and ate a missile), and Zodiac called in BK for spy support. I'm not calling it a war, because war doesn't imply the level of sheer disrespect I have for TRD right now.

• Upvote 1

I'm actually legitimately concerned that you found Tywin in this game. Not you Scarfalot, but the tendency to make promises and no go through with them, calling enemies "terrorists", and sending videos expecting people to watch them instead of just saying a point is highly reminiscent of something that happened in C N. 

Edited by Joel James
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

commonwealth4.png

The Commonwealth (TCW) hereby condemns your condemnation. 

Signed,

Justin - Prime Minister 

The Department of Opposition (DoO) hereby condemns your condemnation of our condemnation.

Signed,

Sir Scarfalot - Director

-------------------------------------------------------

10 minutes ago, Joel James said:

I'm actually legitimately concerned that you found Tywin in this game. Not you Scarfalot, but the tendency to make promises and no go through with them, calling enemies "terrorists", and sending videos expecting people to watch them instead of just saying a point is highly reminiscent of something that happened in C N. 

Exactly. I'm not worried about being called a 'terrorist', and I'm not really that unhappy about the memes. That's just trash talk, all fun. The promises, though? That is a very serious problem, and I'm glad I'm not alone in my concern about it.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
adding reply

10 minutes ago, jack3top said:

First off, I congratulate you for trying to create a show out of this little issue. Next, I like to let you know that zodiac takes its word seriously, when we say we protect an alliance, we mean it. Zodiac stepped in after Royal dragons and Solidarity informed us about this matter. An unprovoked raid warrants a step-in. The only motive I believe that you are trying to achieve is to tarnish zodiacs name throughout the land of Orbis. Fret not, actions speak louder than words. Also, the reason why we asked BK to spy you was because we are friends with them and when you want to neutralize a target with 40+spies at your range, it isnt easy. We just did not have the right nation to do it at that time and since friends help each other, we decided to ask them :)

Side note: you are in a one member aa, maybe its time you join some other alliance since many alliances dont mind raiding you, I believe. Also, how rich is your bank ;)

I'm not actually faulting Zodiac for stepping in. I do fault The Royal Dragons for asking, however. Moreover, what I fault Zodiac for is ignoring the way The Royal Dragons is operating. Zodiac is not showing any remorse for or even recognition of The Royal Dragons' complete ineptitude and failure to even try to follow through on the promises they made to their members. Right now, you are making it clear that you don't care about The Royal Dragons' members, only your own image.

Neutralize my spies if you must, but you can't stop a missiler.

Side reply to side note: Why the HELL would I join an alliance like yours, or TRD? I won't pay you taxes so you can sponge off my abilities and offer me less than nothing, and treat me as less than dirt. I raid anyone I like, at any time, for any reason. And yes, I get raided on a constant basis... and always respond with at least one missile, while my opponents never make any kind of profit. I care not what I lose, I care what my opponents gain, and as long as their net profit stays below zero then I'm happy. As for my bank, here ya go

fgQ4Bal.png

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Hope said:

he said the first six cities after being in the alliance pls read. that's why he said "i cannot promise that we will fund them all at once or even in a weekly sequence."

>liars and traitors

we dont know how they run their alliance. maybe they cannot fund that many cities right now. maybe they're only growing certain members right now. i dont believe you have the authority to judge their alliance, especially one that's most likely incredibly poor. and im assuming the member with 10 cities got most of those outside of the alliance.

please continue the melodrama im thoroughly entertained

no shit he isnt going to negotiate with a raider, and he isnt obligated to. 

nobody cares about missiles

and you obviously consider yourself more than a "lone-gun raider" to whine about it on the OWF

stop

dubayoo did this once and look where that got him

stop embarrassing yourself. nobody cares about TRD, nobody ever will, they will never be relevant, so please dont whine about them on the OWF. 99% of the players in this game have never even heard of them.

p.s. please do not call yourself an expert in "meme warfare"

Embarassing myself? You're the one that doesn't know how to snip. And yes, they are definitely only growing certain members right now: the officers, while NOT spending a dime on anyone else. That's called tax farming.

He isn't obligated to negotiate, but he IS obligated to follow through on his promises to his own members. That he's not doing so is pathetic and shameful.

They are relevant enough to be 'protected' by Zodiac, who care enough to defend them ITT. As do you yourself, evidently.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Embarassing myself? You're the one that doesn't know how to snip. And yes, they are definitely only growing certain members right now: the officers, while NOT spending a dime on anyone else. That's called tax farming.

He isn't obligated to negotiate, but he IS obligated to follow through on his promises to his own members. That he's not doing so is pathetic and shameful.

They are relevant enough to be 'protected' by Zodiac, who care enough to defend them ITT. As do you yourself, evidently.

what kind of response are you expecting when you make an entire thread whining about a micro?

and im not defending them, im offering an explanation. if TRD are tax farming off noobs (who btw make practically nothing) then i'd say that's wrong. but me saying youre being an idiot doesnt mean im defending them, it only means that im condemning them. get your head out of your ass

• Upvote 3

How would you feel if you started a fundraiser for royal dragons?

I propose that for all those who think that this thread is a joke, send 1m to royal dragons :)

fyi: epi and diros have been staying at their city count for a long time. I like to take this opportunity too to state that everyone makes mistakes, me, you etc even ripper. It might or might not be related to P&W, but we all do. The important is to analyze what went wrong and learn from it, not make the problem bigger.

Screenshot_9.png

Edited by jack3top
  • Upvote 5

discussion before violence

What I post do not represent the views of the alliance unless otherwise stated.

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Since I'm active and am not part of a bigger alliance, and have self-funded 9 cities (more accurately raid-funded tbh), I tend to get a lot of invitations to join someone's alliance. I turn these down, but politely if possible.

Join Arrgh.

• Upvote 6

Just now, jack3top said:

fyi: epi and diros have been staying at their city count for a long time.

They may well have, but their officer funded himself to city 6 right after saying he wouldn't, so your point is invalid.

Just now, Ripper said:

Join Arrgh.

Why?

19 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Because you are a self-funding raider like the average Arrgh captain and you may want some company. :P 

I appreciate the offer, but I must decline. Thank you though

----transmission started-----

Fact: Our protectorate was attacked by Sir Scarfalot.

Analysis: negotiations--->insufficient. Danger 70%

conventional war ---> insufficient. Danger 50%

Embargo war --->100%. Target neutralized. Danger 0%

Mainframe sub.prog 834

Processing: Embargo War 2.0

----transmission ended----

screenshot_20170907-031314.jpg

• Upvote 2

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

Well I contrary to what might be expected. I'm amused by this and find you sense of what is right acute. Though you may have taken things over the top by declaring war I do not admonish it. Yes. Being IA myself I find it disturbingly cringe worthy that he as IA could not take the time to properly investigate the Nation he was recruiting. Added to the fact that he still failed to see correction when you gave it to him and repeated the same mistake. Honestly the Alliance structure is brittle and sloppy at best. 

If I may be so bold. Zodiac should choose their protectorates wisely. Taking Gov members experience into consideration. 

To wrap it all up. This is really funny. And I enjoyed it. Good job

• Upvote 1