CEOs Urge Trump to Keep Dreamer Program

Dubayoo

13 hours ago, Caecus said:

I'm not sure what Milton said (cause, I'm done with his bright colored not-quote text shit (That's pretty sad, but feel free. If it really bothers you that much you can also place my name on your Ignore list), but that's typically not how supply and demand works. If you pay for the labor costs of X goods, but you have a surplus of that good, the free market will naturally decrease the cost of said good in order to be able to sell in on the competitive market. It's conservative supply-side economics 101. I'm not supply-side, which is why we disagree regarding this. An increase in labor costs is necessarily going to increase prices of the products if the farmers in this example want to preserve their net revenue.

As for legalizing immigrant labor, there are a lot of benefits to that:

1. Government gets that sweet, sweet tax money Allowing for other occupations immigrants use they receive more tax revenue from those people now since their status prevents them from submitting an income tax return, meaning their entire withheld wages are so fully taxed and not provided a return from the IRS of however much money was withheld at too high a rate allow a refund to correct this.

2. Labor regulations apply, and enforcement of those regulations are key to a safe and fair labor environment This is very much accurate and would be a valuable thing to enforce, but not necessarily at the cost of deportation, which I expect would be attempted if such a change were passed.

3. Paying people at minimum wage (which is generally higher than under the table) increases their purchasing power which promotes spending and consumption, spinning the wheels of the American economy. Also correct, though to be fair the federal minimum wage, if revised for inflation after the last time this was done is like $11 per hour without even considering a separate increase, just an accurate continuation since the last increase to keep up with inflation.

4. It's the morally right thing to do since DACA is primarily for people who were brought here as children and raised as Americans, without knowing what life is like outside of the US. Agreed.

DACA is a morally, economically, and fiscally-sound program that circumvents an incompetent congress to affect real change to the economy and the lives of people who should be Americans. Throwing it out the window is stupid, even Trump realizes that. That's why he hid behind his "beleaguered AG" and pushed the responsibility of it all onto Congress while reassuring DACA applicants that "Congress will handle it." He's an amoral lying sack of shit who doesn't have a basic understanding of economics, just a bigoted hatred of brown people.  Pretty close to my opinion regarding it too.

13 hours ago, Rozalia said:

I know how these things work, simply replying to Milton's nonsense. What nonsense?

DACA was going to be sued and Trump doesn't want to be seen as defending it. Would actually hurt the reputation he has that he actually cares about (and matters). Which is?

10 hours ago, Rozalia said:

I don't think you understand just what reputation is. It is not some sole bar that exists for all peoples. Trump is heavily hated by you and other people true, however he has different level of reputation with others groups (if you include voters the majority did not like him and selected Hillary instead). His rock solid supporters for one are cult like in their admiration. There also exist moderates who may not like some of his stances but like others. Trump having to defend DACA like the suing would have forced him to would damage his reputation as someone strong on immigration among his supporters. Instead he gives it time, time for politicians to "save it". If they don't then oh well and if they do then Trump supporters will see as him having done the process properly and any anger they have will go towards the politicians. Properly in being too cowardly (to use one of your favorite terms) to act on his beliefs and force that decision onto others as a result of that fear?

GICjEwp.gif