Confederate Streets and Monuments

Caecus

46 minutes ago, Caecus said:

Where is this statue of Lenin? I seem to recall there isn't one in the US. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

There's a black person protecting a confederate statue?! That's like seeing a hot red head, or a unicorn. I don't believe that exists, i need to see this shit. 

Funny, I was about to say that about pseudo-conservatives who foam at the mouth about a rabid left (yes, there is some irony in that) yet fall on the outside of the political spectrum in which both conservatives and liberals alike (in general, most decent people) condemn. 

!@#$, please. I'm a godless heathen who swipes right on tinder in the middle of my satanic ceremonies on Sunday so that I can have pre-marital intercourse with a feminazi under a painting of my beloved god, Hillary Clinton. Do you honestly think I'm going to want to have my body buried so that when the sound of 3 trumpet blasts signals the rise of the dead, I'm going to want to pop out of the ground and be eternally damned to live with hypocrites in an aimless existence shaming feisty teenagers? !@#$ no, I'm donating my body to science so that punk ass wannabe pre-medical students can stick their fingers through my os coxae. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin,_Seattle

I've seen it brought up many times during the time of these protests. 

49 minutes ago, Rozalia said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin,_Seattle

I've seen it brought up many times during the time of these protests. 

Ok. So a random private citizen mortgaged his house to buy a useless piece of bronze from a dying Soviet republic and put it on his own private property. What's the difference between that and a Hitler statue on the private property of some neo-Nazi dipshit? This isn't equivalent to statues of Lee. Statues of Lee were bought using tax payer money and displayed on public property (also paid and maintained by the taxpayers). Individual private citizens can be dipshits, just look at our president. But it is an entirely different thing when the state puts them up in city hall. 

So let me rephrase my question. Where is the state-sponsored taxpayer-funded statue on public property that depicts a mass-murdering psychopath besides the ones of Lee in the southern states? 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

21 hours ago, Rozalia said:

You're an idiot Milton. Confederates were Americans too which was confirmed when their rebellion lost. If they had won then you'd have a case of their conscription law not being part of American history. You're adorable. The CSA didn't consider themselves American so their conscription doesn't count for the US until they're forcibly readded to the Union and thus the US is the country with the first conscription in this area.

19 hours ago, Fukataka said:

If were gonna destroy statues of Lee then I get the right to destroy all statues of filthy communists like stalin, mao, and lenin and get to burn all communist literature.

Checkmate. Why destroy them? Most people don't even read about their own beliefs, let alone others.

But then again, rules for thee but not for me.

GICjEwp.gif

If you want to be pedantic and say it was not the first federal conscription law as the government of the US didn't do it then fine, that is true. However it being the first such law passed in American history is a fact. 

Side note. Assad is winning more and more every day as I know you knew he would which is why you cowardly never took up my challenge. Still going to barrel bomb you to nothing you puke.

3 hours ago, Caecus said:

Ok. So a random private citizen mortgaged his house to buy a useless piece of bronze from a dying Soviet republic and put it on his own private property. What's the difference between that and a Hitler statue on the private property of some neo-Nazi dipshit? This isn't equivalent to statues of Lee. Statues of Lee were bought using tax payer money and displayed on public property (also paid and maintained by the taxpayers). Individual private citizens can be dipshits, just look at our president. But it is an entirely different thing when the state puts them up in city hall. 

So let me rephrase my question. Where is the state-sponsored taxpayer-funded statue on public property that depicts a mass-murdering psychopath besides the ones of Lee in the southern states? 

I do not believe I made any point, simply linked you the statue as you didn't know about it.

What I will say to give further backstory to it is that the whole private property thing you talk of? Has been shown already to be completely irrelevant as Confederate statues (not paid by gov) have been taken down in private property. That statue of Lenin itself they have been talking of removing too which would mean another case of the state removing something off private property. So lets be honest here and not pretend that all these statues they have taken down/plan to are all government owned and on government property. If property rights is so important to you then you need to be against the removing of those private statues wholesale. 

11 hours ago, Rozalia said:

I do not believe I made any point, simply linked you the statue as you didn't know about it.

What I will say to give further backstory to it is that the whole private property thing you talk of? Has been shown already to be completely irrelevant as Confederate statues (not paid by gov) have been taken down in private property. That statue of Lenin itself they have been talking of removing too which would mean another case of the state removing something off private property. So lets be honest here and not pretend that all these statues they have taken down/plan to are all government owned and on government property. If property rights is so important to you then you need to be against the removing of those private statues wholesale. 

Ah, sorry that wasn't clear. I was assuming you were trying to make a point on behalf of Fuk guy. Obviously not, thus the reply wasn't for you. 

I'm against infringing on property rights, even those of the lowest, baseless pieces of shit of our society. 

Out of curiosity, are you for property rights as well? I would imagine that is an area with potential conflict of interest if that's the case. 

Edited by Caecus

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

2 hours ago, Rozalia said:

If you want to be pedantic and say it was not the first federal conscription law as the government of the US didn't do it then fine, that is true. However it being the first such law passed in American history is a fact. Not really, no.

Side note. Assad is winning more and more every day as I know you knew he would which is why you cowardly never took up my challenge. Still going to barrel bomb you to nothing you puke. I've remained willing to do it. In every case it is you who declines,

What I will say to give further backstory to it is that the whole private property thing you talk of? Has been shown already to be completely irrelevant as Confederate statues (not paid by gov) have been taken down in private property. That statue of Lenin itself they have been talking of removing too which would mean another case of the state removing something off private property. So lets be honest here and not pretend that all these statues they have taken down/plan to are all government owned and on government property. If property rights is so important to you then you need to be against the removing of those private statues wholesale.   Nope. We have laws to do what we like.

GICjEwp.gif

Destroying monument is fuking crazy, man!

I'm italian and we still have fascist monuments and a lot of building from that time. Schools, hospitals, municipalities...

On the other side we have also a law that say that "fascism apologia (defence of fascism or creation of a new fastist party) is illegal. So we keep the monument and jail today fascist. Simple!

Besides, it's crazy deciding to destroy confederate monuments and keep monuments of the era when Usa ppl killed american indian and put them in reserves.

You american have even a historical park for manhattan project!

Keep the monuments. History is written by winner, let looser have some statue, at least.

Edited by Bortwald
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bortwald said:

Destroying monument is fuking crazy, man!

I'm italian and we still have fascist monuments and a lot of building from that time. Schools, hospitals, municipalities...

On the other side we have also a law that say that "fascism apologia (defence of fascism or creation of a new fastist party) is illegal. So we keep the monument and jail today fascist. Simple!

Besides, it's crazy deciding to destroy confederate monuments and keep monuments of the era when Usa ppl killed american indian and put them in reserves.

Keep the monuments. History is written by winner, let looser have some statue, at least.

To be entirely fair, Italians look somewhat fondly upon Mussolini. As much as he took Italy into a war that they couldn't win and killed thousands of his own people alone, at least he made the trains run on time! Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe it's just all my Italian friends are crazy. 

11 hours ago, Bortwald said:

Hey, it's a nice place. (Assuming you are talking about the Oak Ridge site, not the Los Alamos or Hanford ones. I really want to go to the Hanford one soon.) :)

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

17 hours ago, Caecus said:

To be entirely fair, Italians look somewhat fondly upon Mussolini. As much as he took Italy into a war that they couldn't win and killed thousands of his own people alone, at least he made the trains run on time! Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe it's just all my Italian friends are crazy. 

Your are right, at least a portion of italian population talks like you said, but nearly no one of this ppl would really like to live under fascism.

To go against current gov everything works, but nearly no one wants a dictator back 

Prolly it's the same of souther usa states: they talk about civil war with dreaming eyes but if a civil war would erupt they would not fight for slavery.

Edited by Bortwald