Will the iOS app get support for lower firmware?

Vein 2

To my dissapointment, the iOS app for P&W requires iOS 10.3.2. Because...who knows? The devs want to lose a sizable userbase on iOS? I don't know, but it's pretty stupid. Pretty much every 32-bit device is stuck on iOS 9, and there is a sizable amount of users who are on lower firmwares as well (including me, who would have thought).

Are there plans to support at least iOS 9? Or will I just have to tweak the .ipa and force install it myself? Because I really don't want to do that every time a developer has a bright idea of making their app "exclusive".

• Administrators

I don't have an iOS device, and I also did not create the iOS app. The iOS app was created by another player, @Cobrastrike and hopefully tagging him in this post will alert him to your concerns.

What I expect he will tell you, however, is that he is in the process of working on a newer version of the app that is fully native, as the existing app is just a shell for the mobile version of the website. If you'd like to use the "app" you can also just load https://politicsandwar.com in Safari on your device and have virtually the same experience.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 2 weeks later...

@TitoBroz

I can submit a change for approval by the App Store to support different iOS Versions.

There has been mention from Alex also though about just completely removing the app until the new one is complete.
Unfortunately since this is not something I am getting paid for, other things are taking precedence..

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Cobrastrike said:

@TitoBroz

I can submit a change for approval by the App Store to support different iOS Versions.

There has been mention from Alex also though about just completely removing the app until the new one is complete.
Unfortunately since this is not something I am getting paid for, other things are taking precedence..

I understand. If the app doesn't get removed, and when you have the time, making it compatible with lower firmwares would be great. And if you can't do it, no big deal. I'll keep using the website.