7/24/2017 - Fortify & Infrastructure

Alex

• Administrators

I'm going to take a moment to plug the Politics & War twitter page too, since it's relatively new and only has 13 followers: https://twitter.com/politicsandwar_

Building a larger social media presence will ideally help us bring in more players, which means more potential allies/opponents for you, and more fun for everyone :)

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, GeneralCamo said:

All of my wars suddenly expired. Was this intentional?

That wouldn't have had anything to do with this update. Your most recent war started 7 days ago, though, and would've expired several days ago (it looks like you actually agreed to peace in that war.)

Do you have a link to a war that you're talking about? 

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 minute ago, Alex said:

That wouldn't have had anything to do with this update. Your most recent war started 7 days ago, though, and would've expired several days ago (it looks like you actually agreed to peace in that war.)

Do you have a link to a war that you're talking about? 

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=230065

"This conflict expired after neither side could emerge victorious nor agree to peace."

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, GeneralCamo said:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=230065

"This conflict expired after neither side could emerge victorious nor agree to peace."

I guess the reason I couldn't find your war was because your forum profile links to the wrong nation. Do you have more than one nation?

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
1 minute ago, GeneralCamo said:

I do not, no

I don't know why your forum profile is linked to this nation then: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=31102

You may want to update that.

Forums Rules | Game Link

@Alex there is indeed a bug.

vUayy3iiSCizM-TzQayfHA.jpeg

I just got attacked and offered peace. The war expired right away. I tried the same to older wars. Wars expired although there were still many turns left.

Edit: My war activity page https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=59307&display=war

Edit 2: I don't know what is going on, but now I got this...

vvTLJ9yhTdGAGmHahPjWhw.jpeg

Edited by Ripper
  • Upvote 1

While the current formula does make it cheaper for newer nations to build up their infra in their fresh cities, it ends up making it too easy to buy "middle" infra as well, since it costs much less to get a city to 1500 or even 2000 infra. Now if you were a mid tier nation you could save a lot more money, easily enough to buy another project. 

On the bright side though, now there's a bit less restraint to declare war. Now that infra is cheaper, people don't need to worry as much about losing it during a war. ^_^

• Upvote 2

Z98SzIG.png

Just now, Anneal said:

On the bright side though, now there's a bit less restraint to declare war. Now that infra is cheaper, people don't need to worry as much about losing it during a war. ^_^

Is it late to poach you? :P

• Upvote 1

I think its time to tackle city costs, large cities cost way too much, eventually all the people crying about infra costs are going to grow large enough that they will then start crying about city costs, so lets just go ahead and lower city costs of cities 20+ now to cut them off at the pass.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Hey all, just a small but significant update.

First, the Military Action Point cost of Fortify has been increased from 3 to 4. This is just a minor tweak to balance the war mechanics and reduce the ability of nations to Fortify endlessly, preventing the war from being ended through conventional means (bringing resistance down to 0.)

I hadn't considered the impact this would have on on-going wars, so I will postpone this bit of the update by 3 days. In 3 days, Fortify will cost 4 MAPs, not 3, so plan accordingly. The infrastructure price change has gone into effect already.

Second, I've changed the infrastructure price formula slightly so that for 99% of nations, infrastructure will be cheaper. The price decrease is more significant at the lower levels, and at the higher levels is not much of a change at all.

The new formula for infrastructure price at a given level is:

[((X-10)^2.2) / 710] + 300

Here's a quick spreadsheet screenshot of how this impact changes both the infrastructure price and cumulative price at various levels

BIlC24D.png

This change should make both building infrastructure as a new nation and rebuilding infrastructure a little bit easier. In the grand scheme of things, however, I don't think it will be too significant of a change.

That's all for now, let me know how much you love/hate this update :P

Oh wow, yet another update to kill Arrgh's gameplay just because incompetent people can't handle us so they cry to "fix" what is not broken. Time to adapt our strategy again. But seriously why not make an update so that other people get nerfed and we get boosted? I mena we sacrificed our growth to play that way, and it was all fair for both sides, and now they get yet another edge over us, just like they did almost every update thus far. I mean, except for econ update which made our loot worth more on market, every other update was either outright bad for Arrgh or bad/neutral for everyone in equal measure (for isntance the update that introduced resistance). Why is it that every time you change shit in this game it is with clear intention to make others have easier time beating us and our playstyle down while we struggle ever so more just to keep our methaphorical and literal ship afloat? Why not reward us isntead, who play the game dilligently and do what we can just to get by? How about you add it so that nation getting deleted surrenedrs in all active wars first? How about reducing the impact army and increasing impact of infra on score? How about nerfing spy assasinations? How about removing pop cap from recruitment? Or any other thing that might benefit us sligtly more than others?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

tvPWtuA.gif

1 minute ago, DragonK said:

Oh wow, yet another update to kill Arrgh's gameplay just because incompetent people can't handle us so they cry to "fix" what is not broken. Time to adapt our strategy again. But seriously why not make an update so that other people get nerfed and we get boosted? I mena we sacrificed our growth to play that way, and it was all fair for both sides, and now they get yet another edge over us, just like they did almost every update thus far. I mean, except for econ update which made our loot worth more on market, every other update was either outright bad for Arrgh or bad/neutral for everyone in equal measure (for isntance the update that introduced resistance). Why is it that every time you change shit in this game it is with clear intention to make others have easier time beating us and our playstyle down while we struggle ever so more just to keep our methaphorical and literal ship afloat? Why not reward us isntead, who play the game dilligently and do what we can just to get by? How about you add it so that nation getting deleted surrenedrs in all active wars first? How about reducing the impact army and increasing impact of infra on score? How about nerfing spy assasinations? How about removing pop cap from recruitment? Or any other thing that might benefit us sligtly more than others?

haven't got the slightest clue what you're on about. Who is arrgh threatening? oh right, rest in peace any nation below 1100 score with no military.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

11 minutes ago, DragonK said:

xVQ2SS.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

5 minutes ago, DragonK said:

How is this bad for you?  They nerfed fortify to make it easier for you to steal shit, and now infra is cheaper for your little shit nations so that you can get to the pop cap for military easier if you need to do some real fighting?

If anything the people that should be complaining are the people on losing sides of war, because its now more difficult to do damage and still protect your stuff if you are losing.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, DragonK said:

Seems like making it harder to hide from retaliation when you attack someone is a feature, not a bug. It's difficult to feel bad for you. 

1 minute ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

How is this bad for you?  They nerfed fortify to make it easier for you to steal shit, and now infra is cheaper for your little shit nations so that you can get to the pop cap for military easier if you need to do some real fighting?

If anything the people that should be complaining are the people on losing sides of war, because its now more difficult to do damage and still protect your stuff if you are losing.

Argh skates because they can avoid the damage of retaliation by just endlessly fortifying if anyone counters. 

He's crying because it's going to be harder to attack allied nations without worry about retaliation. 

• Upvote 1

What is this cheese? Benefiting the 99%? I say your infra reduction formula doesn't go far enough! The millionaires and billionaires of Orbis need more help than the poor of Orbis!

On a more serious note: Cool beans.  Good to know that infra will be a little easier to bring back up once it's burned to the ground.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

@Alex there is indeed a bug.

vUayy3iiSCizM-TzQayfHA.jpeg

I just got attacked and offered peace. The war expired right away. I tried the same to older wars. Wars expired although there were still many turns left.

Edit: My war activity page https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=59307&display=war

Edit 2: I don't know what is going on, but now I got this...

vvTLJ9yhTdGAGmHahPjWhw.jpeg

Sheepy says it best

15 minutes ago, Deja said:

Seems like making it harder to hide from retaliation when you attack someone is a feature, not a bug. It's difficult to feel bad for you. 

Hmmm, it's almost as if fortify is a feature of the game as well. Difficult to feel bad for all the fools (e.g. you) that complain about our raids when literally all you have to do to prevent them is fortify yourself. I guess it's easier to whine though.

Overall, a necessary update to fortify that has been coming for a while. 

Edited by Bluebear
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators

The temporary war expiration bug should be long fixed, and I went through and fixed any affected wars earlier.

As for how this particular impacts Arrgh - what makes you think I care or even considered how this affects Arrgh? This change makes it slightly easier for everyone to buy infrastructure. I don't see how that's a big deal.

If anything, the soon-to-be change that will increase the MAP cost of Fortify should help you raid folks as they'll have a tougher time Fortifying to prevent you from looting them.

Forums Rules | Game Link

10 minutes ago, Bluebear said:

Hmmm, it's almost as if fortify is a feature of the game as well. Difficult to feel bad for all the fools (e.g. you) that complain about our raids when literally all you have to do to prevent them is fortify yourself. I guess it's easier to whine though.

Overall, a necessary update to fortify that has been coming for a while. 

i like to think that all you have to do to save yourself from arrgh is build your damn military fools! luv ya many years blue

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

• Jax locked this topic