how to rp

Dakai

First of all, I would like to say that if you want to ask, you can simply pm me or one of the other experienced roleplayers, or ask in the OOC section.

However, seeing as there is no point in asking, I guess I shall explain. First, you will probably want to fill out an application in the Map thread here: 

Next, if you want to affect other nations more easily while also being affected by them, add yourself to the free consent list here: 

Following that, you are more or less free to begin rp'ing. Just keep in mind the following:
1.) Stay within your limits (meaning that you can't pull scifi tech out randomly without development)
2.) No godmodding (ties into 1)
3.) Make sure that your threads have at least three sentences, otherwise it will not be considered as valid by staff

Again, feel free to pm me for advice, and if you have an account on Discord, tell me via PM and I will invite you to one of the channels.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Darth Saarai said:

First of all, I would like to say that if you want to ask, you can simply pm me or one of the other experienced roleplayers, or ask in the OOC section.

However, seeing as there is no point in asking, I guess I shall explain. First, you will probably want to fill out an application in the Map thread here: 

Next, if you want to affect other nations more easily while also being affected by them, add yourself to the free consent list here: 

Following that, you are more or less free to begin rp'ing. Just keep in mind the following:
1.) Stay within your limits (meaning that you can't pull scifi tech out randomly without development)
2.) No godmodding (ties into 1)
3.) Make sure that your threads have at least three sentences, otherwise it will not be considered as valid by staff

Again, feel free to pm me for advice, and if you have an account on Discord, tell me via PM and I will invite you to one of the channels.

Thanks for the help.

I already knew some of Basics like don't be a dick.

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

You should also try to come up with some basic lore. What I mean by that is that you try and base your country on a set story (it can be of your own making, obviously). This way, when RP'ing, you are able to base your RP off previous events in your nations' history. 

I know it can be hard, but your posts should be adequately detailed and long enough to provide the community with a way to roleplay with you (not 1 sentence: "John Doe has become president"). This way, you'll be able to get RP based off of your own lore too, and this also provides a way for the NatRP community to engage with you. 

• Upvote 1

His Royal Highness Emperor Tristar Majestica

Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada

I would also like to add, you should make your RP personal to you. Keeps you committed, I mean I am not the best of committers. But if I were to get my ideal situation, and I wanted to use one of my actual country RP'ers I feel more attached. Make a history, some lore, that type of stuff.

• Upvote 1