Race to Suez

Begin Transmission 10:15 AM

July CLASSIFIED 

Arabian Colonial Militia have crossed the border into the surrounding area around Suez armed with thousands of Soldiers, Tanks, Knightmares, and Planes to secure the area. As well as they are supported by Laurentia and their military in the sea and air. With one of the most vital canals in the world now free to terrorist and other nations hands, Britannia being the neutral party has decided in going for the Suez. Backed by the Britannian National Military, the force amassed is the size to occupy a small country and has caused major delays and jams for travel in the region with military personnel around the area. 

It is believed The Holy Britannian Empire is preparing to fully control the canal and make it nearly free-of-charge to allow good relations between various nations. This move will place Britannia as a major trading partner to a majority of nations in the area. Though with such a large force brought up, it is unlikely the canal will be open for a few more hours to days until the military is worked out. 

End Transmission  10:30 AM

July CLASSIFIED

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

A pair of container ships sat off the coast of Elba National Park, and another between Gavdos and Crete. The moment Britannian forces crossed into the Sinai they began jamming their immediate surroundings and drawing up targeting solutions upon just about every Britannian military base and asset. MNS Chatsworth and MNS Jakkalsfontein, the 2nd fleet's Stormberg class Cruisers would prepare six DRFM missiles each, MNS Doringbaai and MNS Koringberg of the 6th fleet would prepare to do the same. Berbera, Borama, Bosaso, Candala, and Erigavo airbases would each launch a squadron of F-1A Impundulus totaling 60 aircraft, along with four MQ-90 Gaunab slaved to each.  Both carrier groups would enter full battlestations, with squadrons being launched and prepared for whatever came next.

A pithy message would be sent through the quantum link that was previously given to Britannian's emperor by MoG[Corp] for diplomatic conversations.

"The Suez lies in Africa. Should your forces continue west of Nekhel, they will be considered enemies."

The majority of communications which were jammed have forced much of the Main Force back a few Kilometres from their designated target. While the Knightmare Frames and a small but strong expeditionary force have stopped at the border near west of Nekhel. Once there both forces quickly set up temporary fortifications as back-up communications relayed to both Britannian High Command and the Imperial Court.

From Britannian High Command

"We have made our intent for Suez very clear. It will either be ours through diplomacy or blood and that will be a hard fact. Our previous agreement of join-control remains open as the West Side of the bank will be left under-control to you."
If any of your soldiers advance to Suez we will consider it an act of war until a permanent solution has been founded.

IYT09l4.png

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

"I would not cross that literal line in the sand, else you'll get the Suez as a pile of rocks. The Suez will remain in control of Africans and not a Britannian. Should you elect to continue your pursuit, I believe I have made our policy regarding the African continent clear. It is unfortunate that as we had discussed previously, perhaps we have different long term goals. I've never been one to back down from a challenge, so let's play a game of brinkmanship, yes?"

The flotilla of craft that had brought the Field Army into Somalia began to fill and cross the Gulf, landing in Yemen, the mechanized field army had already received their orders and would begin to span out across the southern Arabian Peninsula, slowly advancing as numbers began to swell northward. Their began to coalesce near the Wabar Craters and to the west of Uruq Bani Ma'arid, though the entire Rub' al Khali was slowly filled with corporate weapons and soldiers. The field army that was originally located in Somalia was not deemed enough, and if escalation continued, another had already began heading towards Aden to become a full field army. 

With an increased military presence on the border of the Middle Eastern Colony, the Imperial Court has decided on a few policies that will try to either soften the blow, complete the Suez Race, or prepare for utter war. With Mogatopia's soldiers creeping ever so slowly to Britannia the reserve military for both the national and Colonial Armies have been called on to the borders.

Every minute that passes more Britannian soldiers prepares for all-out war as more military equipment is being moved than any other period of peace in the past. With the military now ready, the Imperial Court and High Command will once again try to avoid bloodshed. However, in Defcon-2, Damocles has been deployed and sent to the region of potential war.

I would like you to be aware that the East Bank of Suez is NOT apart of Africa as the canal is the line that divides the Middle East and Africa from one another. Occupying the East Bank while you occupying the West bank will be our final offer. Joint-Control of Suez.
Not only will this ensure we don't traverse into African land, but it also ensures we have our partial control of Suez as promised in earlier negotiations.
We are abiding by your rules and our own. Keeping our word as true Britannians, we hope you do the same.

IYT09l4.png

In the case of the Suez partial control is total control, as such I have decided it is of more value to destroy it rather than risk it falling to colonial hands. Your colonies are not led by natives to the land, but instead puppets, that is an unacceptable fate to leave Egyptians who up until recently lived in an african paradise. I have altered whatever deal we had previously, and the long term risks of allowing you control over the Suez makes my final offer to turn this scenario into one with which whatever option you choose beyond withdrawal from the Sinai to be of far more consequence to you than to me.

It is not in my benefit to launch a first strike, but I would not take that statement as one that would imply I am not readily prepared for a conflict to determine who controls access to the Mediterranean. You will certainly achieve your goal of reaching the Suez and controlling it, but you will not achieve that without losing the canal to high explosives along the full length to remove any gain from your victory. I am fine with either choice, because it is in my own interest to ensure you are unable to influence my continent or the Mediterranean. Whether or not you remain in the middle east is your choice, but I will not concede a vital African territory to fall into the hands of a foreign power.

Just about every large grouping of soldiers or armor in the Britannian mass upon the Sinai was targeted with cluster munitions or HE depending on the target choice, along with major air strips and the craft upon them, command centers and other high value targets within the Britannian colony, The 3rd through 6th had taken various positions from the Gulf of Aden under the overlapping defenses of the Somalian territories spread out far enough to avoid any nuclear strike wiping out the utility of more than one of the crucial carriers, other vessels would not be so lucky in all likelihood but it was deemed a reasonable risk comparatively speaking. Preparing to meet any further aggression with a deluge of aircraft destined to destroy whatever defenses lay upon the southern border.

Cameras were observing the swath of troops with an overlay of the line that had been set, and should the signal stop sending or their opponent crossed the line a salvo of what would total to be well over 10,000 missiles would try to wipe Britannia's entire middle eastern colony out with the exception of Mecca and Medina, which instead received a blast of overwhelming radio signals, informing them that the cities would not be fired upon and treated as an open cities so long as no hostiles attacked corporate military forces. Britannian forces were advised to retreat from the holy cities and allow them to be left free from warfare. Corporate interests were no harm to the area, regardless of disagreements with the government choices of the region.

As more and more weapons came into play the intel on what Mogatopia had was becoming more and more clear. With missile capabilities nearby, the Britannian Main Force along with their allied force took positions along the Sinai, careful to not near the canal that would break the agreement but close enough to capture it if need be. The Main Force dug in, securing the borders and connecting Jerusalem to the rest of the colony.

The Britannian Imperial Court responded

Not only are the majority inhabitens near Suez and former Egypt all Muslim, but we are also more trustworthy to them than yourselves. Coming from a nation that once agreed to split the Canal has gone back on their word only because of their distaste of Britannia's Colonial Power.
The Middle East Colony are not puppets. They see the most freedom they have ever seen. With their own elections and national army all while Britannia respects their culture and religion to the fullest to ensure their loyalty. We are not fools when it comes to colonies. We are gentle leaders and have never gone against the will of our native people.

Either Suez falls to us peacefully and with our previous agreement, or we will look elsewhere. The Holy Britannian Empire hasn't raised their weapons against you and only wish to keep Suez neutral. If your goals prevent what I said, or you once again refuse to let us pass. We will respond.

IYT09l4.png

"I did not build up a large military force to take land already held secure by a minimal force, your own actions imply that you did intend on raising a significant amount of weapons if needed, it's just we merely are prepared to do so in return that put a wrench in your plan. I have made our opinions on the topic clear, and have no long term concerns over you attempting to sully our trustworthiness in pursuit of your goal. We signed no contract and the strategic value of the Canal is of more importance than upsetting you. You are an ancient empire in this world's history, and that does beget you a certain level of respect but length of survival means little to one such as myself. I have watched empires rise and crumble many times in my life, if this is the hill you wish yours to die on, then so be it."

The longer that Britannia waited to pull the trigger or withdraw just provided more time for the army growing in Yemen and southern arabian peninsula to secure its positions and for their reinforcements to continue on their journey. Analysis was continued upon Britannian military locations for highest priority targets, with AESA radars being chosen for a special payload of BrahMos variants with EW pods in exchange for some of their explosive payloads. their intention to overwhelm and distract enemy radars, or should they get close enough, use their built in AESA radar to directly jam the targeting radar. All the while the corporate armies and navies waiting, aircraft constantly rotating to ensure the ones in the air had enough fuel to reach their constantly changing targets depending on the nuances of the Britannian movements.

Edited by Mogar

With Britannia in Defcon 2, the Emperor was able to mobilise a large portion of his military. With new hardware arriving daily, the potential for large scale combat grew. If not for Suez then for the Middle East. The Colony borders were being heavily fortified under the shade of Damocles. While their best weapons were placed to protect their people, the force near Suez was equally fortified, but at the risk of enemy bombardment.

Quickly Sakurdaite reserves were slowly changing the existing gear of the military, the only advantage they had over their African Rivals. As the enemy mobilised so did the Britannians. This was going to be one of the bloodiest battles to be fought, but there was still a way out.

Both you and I know that Walpurgis deserves out attention more. Wiping each other off the map helps nobody but Walpurgis. I would like if possible, your Corporation to respect Britannia's claim to the East Bank of Suez. We are willing to keep it lowly guarded and armed to prove we will not pull any fast moves.If you even wish so, you can station your Officers within our territory to monitor the situation.
If not, and you would rather have Suez destroyed rather than us move another kilometre. We will return, if not here, then elsewhere.

IYT09l4.png