Nazism Wasn't the Source of German Genocide

Dubayoo

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/29/world/africa/germany-genocide-namibia-holocaust.html

Four decades before WW2 even happened, another genocide happened in Namibia where the native population was systematically exterminated.  This was a situation that was completely independent from any potential "stab in the back" myth following WW1 since it happened before WW1 even happened.  Some might argue this was typical of colonial imperialism at the time, but this wasn't merely a matter of oppression.  This was a matter of extermination.  The Herero natives in Namibia were displaced from their homeland, endured widespread rape, targeted by predatory lending practices, and were ultimately betrayed in protectorate treaties.  This provoked them into resisting the Germans, and the Germans took that resistance as an excuse to wipe them out.

This has nothing to do with Nazism whatsoever.  This has to do with an underlying nasty attitude problem which focusing on Nazism doesn't address.  The genocide which happened here was not a result of running a country for the sake of a cult of personality to make excuses in the pursuit of living space to fuel expansionist and militarist racism.  It happened because of plain, basic, and simple nastiness that didn't care to uphold agreements, didn't care to acknowledge personal boundaries, didn't acknowledge how desperation can encourage people to accept resources they can't afford to repay, and ultimately didn't care about manipulating provocation to claim a right towards retaliation.

So what you're saying is Germans don't hold up their end of agreements and will try to kill you. I see. Explains the Jew thing I suppose.

Thinking on it the Germans have consistently shown their want to take over Europe/World and not with just WW1 and WW2. Even today they aim to conquer in the guise of the EU. What drives Germans to be so dominating? What makes German culture so barbaric? Huh. Perhaps that explains the love with cultural enrichment... ummm... perhaps they wish to make themselves more efficient, crueler, and colder than ever before. Hitler too was said to be a fan of Islam for providing it's people with so called strength unlike the weakness that inhabited Germany. Utterly disgusting. Is nothing beneath the Germans? Hitler was bad enough but now they are trying to upgrade themselves via Muslim enhancements? Where will it end with them?

Anyway... 

Those were meaner times to put it lightly and Germany was one of those nations that didn't have much in the way of colonial land. If them and Belgium are anything to go by it seems like those who had limited land are much more monstrous in their treatment. Bigger boys got it out of the system and realised that to keep ordered and good functioning lands you need a softer hand. Though Denmark was another with limited lands and as far as I know they weren't eating babies so it ain't a perfect observation. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rozalia said:

So what you're saying is Germans don't hold up their end of agreements and will try to kill you. I see. Explains the Jew thing I suppose.

Thinking on it the Germans have consistently shown their want to take over Europe/World and not with just WW1 and WW2. Even today they aim to conquer in the guise of the EU That's not how the EU works, but given Germany is the power behind EU finances they'll likely have a greater share of the power once the EU moves onto their next step (ironically by removing the UK the EU can improve itself).. What drives Germans to be so dominating? What makes German culture so barbaric? Huh. Perhaps that explains the love with cultural enrichment... ummm... perhaps they wish to make themselves more efficient, crueler, and colder than ever before. Hitler too was said to be a fan of Islam for providing it's people with so called strength unlike the weakness that inhabited Germany. Utterly disgusting. Is nothing beneath the Germans? Hitler was bad enough but now they are trying to upgrade themselves via Muslim enhancements? Where will it end with them? They've been employing Islamic guest workers in huge amounts for at least twenty years at this point.

GICjEwp.gif

2 hours ago, Rozalia said:

Thinking on it the Germans have consistently shown their want to take over Europe/World and not with just WW1 and WW2. Even today they aim to conquer in the guise of the EU. What drives Germans to be so dominating? What makes German culture so barbaric? Huh. Perhaps that explains the love with cultural enrichment... ummm... perhaps they wish to make themselves more efficient, crueler, and colder than ever before. Hitler too was said to be a fan of Islam for providing it's people with so called strength unlike the weakness that inhabited Germany. Utterly disgusting. Is nothing beneath the Germans? Hitler was bad enough but now they are trying to upgrade themselves via Muslim enhancements? Where will it end with them?

Anyway... 

Those were meaner times to put it lightly and Germany was one of those nations that didn't have much in the way of colonial land. If them and Belgium are anything to go by it seems like those who had limited land are much more monstrous in their treatment. Bigger boys got it out of the system and realised that to keep ordered and good functioning lands you need a softer hand. Though Denmark was another with limited lands and as far as I know they weren't eating babies so it ain't a perfect observation. 

I never said plain, basic, simple attitude problems were limited to Germans.  The title might as well have been, "The fact that a square has four sides isn't why it has angles."  All shapes have angles regardless of how many sides they have.

That said, you already know this.  There's something very weird about your sarcasm there.  Obviously, you know I'm not trying to engage in reverse racism against Germans.

That said, religious strife in Germany can be seen in the Kulturkampf as well as the Protestant Reformation.  It's what lead to the formation of Zentrum.  You're smart enough to know this too as well as the implicit alliance Protestants and Muslims had not to mention how the Ottomans allied with the Germans in WW1 and how Muslims and Jews didn't get along.

Belgium isn't a very good comparison either since the Congo was run as King Leopold's private estate, not a public asset.  In fact, Germany's treatment of natives in other colonies was rather respectable such as the nearby Askari in East Africa.

14 hours ago, Rozalia said:

Anyway... 

A masterful troll here. God, I've missed you so. Sometimes you are so troll, I really do start to believe that you are the stupid, misinformed, middle-aged basement-dwelling racist creature that all your posts suggest. Bravo. 

Edited by Caecus

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.