Is this the salvation for the game's economy?

Just Monika

So, since the latest update, ressource production and commerce have been made much harder. Arguably, to improve the overall economy of the game. I guess it might be a bit early to discuss outcomes already, but honestly, from what I see so far, when restructuring my own nation, I cannot really see how this would long-term improve the matter and prevent the trend towards lower market prices.

I see the ressource production will plummet, but I don't see how it really will help the small guys. On the one hand, as a large nation I will no longer produce ressources that are not favoured by my continent anymore, because the pollution and slot cost of doing so would be crippling. On the other hand, this means I no longer need to import raw ressources. I cannot help but think that a nation starting out in this game will inevitably find a lack of interest in their raw ressources, because most refiners might just produce their own raw ressources and refiners on other continents will cease to exist. Maybe some folks will be dedicated refiners without the raw ressources, but it doesn't sound like it is worth the micromanagement and it still means there's a sharp decrease in the need for raw ressources, while new folks will also have to deal with a sharp drop in output. Unless market prices double, a starting nation pretty much lost a good part of its income.

And will this change mean I'll buy more ressources, now that I don't produce my own stuff anymore as a large nation? Not really. I consider my stockpiles sufficient. I'm practically saturated and any other nation that hits certain amounts of stockpiles similarly will feel saturated, which means sooner or later we might just reach that point where market prices will decline again.

Personally, I do think that it would've been more useful to not mess up ressource production, but to instead reinstate something from the good old days of the beta, which was constant ressource consumption. It would mean that even during peacetime there's a need for ressources, it would stop the mere accumulation with little consumption and it would be far less harsh on folks starting out, while being a greater burden on those who keep massive militaries that would require constant gasoline and ammunition to maintain.

What do other people think about the update?

• Upvote 3

Excuse my language but f*** this update. I have a deficit in resource production, income dropped 25% pollution went up like 120 points. Food production HALFED. And since I play tall, I still need to wait for like $5 mil to repair my infra and make my changes and not being in a large alliance makes this really hard to do in a matter of days.

I logged on to like 3.8k pollution. I got to 0 by getting rid of what now is frankly unprofitable refing capacities. As an Asian nation, all I do is make gasoline, uranium and food, which means I no longer refine everything else too (though I produced far less of most things than I produced gasoline), but I also no longer need to check the market for when raw ressources are cheap and can just neglect it till next war, when maybe my stockpiles are no longer sufficient afterwards. Is this what was intented to happen? I doubt it.

29 minutes ago, Auctor said:

I don't see how any reasonable person couldn't see this as what's been missing from this game for it to have sustained mass appeal all along. I expect thousands of players to join the game any day now that this grievous game mechanic has finally been remedied. I don't know about all of yall, but I can just feel cascading waves of relief throughout my entire body.

I like you. Ever considered whaling?

os9LcJK.gif

What I'm hearing is waaah, I can't produce everything in the typical Pantheon way. Now I need 6k infra instead of 3k. Also stockpiles aren't eternal, what happens when IQ tries to get smart again?

This is good, now alliance grants and aid actually mean something instead of just tossing new nations a quick buck. Now alliances with good economic plans will be able to get through that low tier bump and the shitty alliances will struggle to get proper builds done. Basically everyone is fine now, but next war rebuilding and the market will be far worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, NewOttomans said:

Excuse my language but f*** this update. I have a deficit in resource production, income dropped 25% pollution went up like 120 points. Food production HALFED. And since I play tall, I still need to wait for like $5 mil to repair my infra and make my changes and not being in a large alliance makes this really hard to do in a matter of days.

You do know you have about the worst build in the history of the game, right?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

You do know you have about the worst build in the history of the game, right?

I had a much better build before this stupid update. I was lucky to get $3 mil from beiging someone, so I had the funds to repair all the sudden and make those stupid changes that I otherwise wouldn't have done.

3 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

Nope. Could be an end, though.

You might actually be right.

Supply goes further up from manufacturing caps increasing while demand goes further down from improvement slots being locked up in economic buildings rather than military buildings.

It's possible we'll see a depression.  I'm not saying it's likely, but it's a far out scenario.

20 hours ago, NewOttomans said:

I had a much better build before this stupid update. I was lucky to get $3 mil from beiging someone, so I had the funds to repair all the sudden and make those stupid changes that I otherwise wouldn't have done.

My point is any noob with 2 1k infra cities and max mil could go toe to toe with you and have nothing to lose compared to you.

This has to be the worst change I have ever seen. How does my nation with 20 cities drop nearly half population, loose over 50% income, Jump 2000 in pollution, Drop avg income by nearly half, drop resource production to near 0 and negatives, in 2 minutes? Well I will tell you, thats what happens when a horrible unthought "fix" is implemented. Now I dont dump tons of time in this game and do not nearly have the perfect build in my nation because of this. Now I am sure if I started with a very calculated nation build the update wouldnt have quite screwed me up so much but this update is ridiculous. This reminds me of Pixel Nations when the owner purposely ruined the game. I have played nation simulation games for near constant 6 years, but id rather play nothing than what this game is coming to now. 

Edited by President Tom

image_1.png

17 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

My point is any noob with 2 1k infra cities and max mil could go toe to toe with you and have nothing to lose compared to you.

First off, it's impossible to max military with 1k infra in each city due to population caps. Second off, even if they could, doing so would be almost suicidal in the first place as they would be losing like $400k per day. I don't think you've ever tried playing tall instead of wide, so don't talk about how "bad" my build is because I have a stronger military than some of your members who have like double or triple my score.

19 minutes ago, NewOttomans said:

First off, it's impossible to max military with 1k infra in each city due to population caps. Second off, even if they could, doing so would be almost suicidal in the first place as they would be losing like $400k per day. I don't think you've ever tried playing tall instead of wide, so don't talk about how "bad" my build is because I have a stronger military than some of your members who have like double or triple my score.

A person with 4 cities and less infrastructure per city could wreck you though, because they will likely outnumber you in critical areas (like aircraft and tanks) and they'll have double the replenishment rate. Playing tall is not done by most people, because it is a terrible strategy disincentivised by the game mechanics. And I may not have played tall myself, but given where I am, I don't think I made major mistakes.

• Upvote 1

The issue isn't that he's playing tall.  It's that his cities are imbalanced.  Why would you make one city 2000 while the other is 1310? o.O

I wouldn't argue that it's disincentivized.  If anything, the fact that building additional cities gives you a score boost gives it a good reason.  You just have to make sure you don't build so tall that much bigger players can come after you.

On 7/11/2017 at 11:00 AM, NewOttomans said:

Heh, ok.  You keep on keepin on then.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 9:00 AM, NewOttomans said:

Honestly, you really are doing it wrong m8. Listen to these guys and fix your nation. Tall builds are not a good idea, and this update really doesn't change that.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot