7/9/2017 - The Great Deflation!

Alex

• Administrators

On a related note, the market has been cleared of all trade offers, in case anyone wants to rethink their trade offers in light of these changes.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I Don't really mind the new change but you think you can give us a little heads up next time BEFORE you make my income drop in half, I mean you dont have to say what's going to happen but you can say something like "Hey S*** is gonna hit the fan tomorrow at update"

Edited by Sephiroth
  • Upvote 3

eastwood.jpg

Just now, Anneal said:

In a good way.

not in a good way if you're in syndisphere or are high tier in general

Ceterum censeo Arrghinem esse delendam

(Furthermore, I consider that Arrgh must be destroyed)

8 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I Don't really mind the new change but you think you can give us a little heads up next time BEFORE you make my income drop in half, I mean you dont have to say what's going to happen but you can say something like "Hey S*** is gonna hit the fan tomorrow at update"

I think that might be a good idea, and a good compromise; just letting people know a major update is planned, would also let everyone engage in some speculation.

• Upvote 2

You could have at least warned, there has been a global economic collapse... The prices on the market are disastrous and the minimum income.

This update is disastrous, has not been carried out in the right way.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LeotheGreat said:

Ummm, lower tier/low infra are hurt the most in this update.

The resource and commerce changes means high tier countries get less income from their population and are able to dump fewer resources on the market for additional income. The increase in resource prices actually benefit low tier countries, as there's less competition for them on the market, and they weren't making much money from their populations in the first place.

3 minutes ago, LeotheGreat said:

Ummm, lower tier/low infra are hurt the most in this update.

What I think too, as I lined out here. As an upper tier nation, the one thing that pains me most is that I have to go through 24 cities and rearrange buildings, Otherwise, I can just grab me some popcorn and watch the market burn, because I have everything I need stockpiled and I don't even need to purchase raw ressources anymore.

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

He did post a bit of a heads up on Facebook. 

Time to call up the national guard to calm the rioting in the streets...

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Alpha Dog said:

The resource and commerce changes means high tier countries get less income from their population and are able to dump fewer resources on the market for additional income. The increase in resource prices actually benefit low tier countries, as there's less competition for them on the market, and they weren't making much money from their populations in the first place.

Upper tier nations can now utilize unused slots they had due to high infra. Lower tier now are just flat out getting less stuff

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alpha Dog said:

No, I get as much money from my population as before, I just need 5 more buildings for it. Which is easy to get when I just scrap all the refineries that don't rely on my own raw ressource production (and make my pollution skyrocket). And the amount of money I do get from my population far outweighs the amount of money I could get out of my ressource production... or well, out of what was my ressource production pre-update.

• Upvote 1

Admin, please reverse this update. It's killing my resource production and food production. I also now have a problem with my population being suddenly reduced by 15% due to pollution increasing 120 points. Diease rate is now 6.7% rip me.

1 minute ago, Akiyama Mio said:

What I think too, as I lined out here. As an upper tier nation, the one thing that pains me most is that I have to go through 24 cities and rearrange buildings, Otherwise, I can just grab me some popcorn and watch the market burn, because I have everything I need stockpiled and I don't even need to purchase raw ressources anymore.

Honestly, mid tier countries are hurt more than either low tier or high tier. Low tier can raid for money and resources. High tier gets a ton of money and resources already. Neither is really true for mid tier, so we're stuck with an inflated market for buying resources and less resource production and money from our countries themselves.

Basically, roll Alex.

• Upvote 2

when I got on I spotted pollution of 300+ per city, even 5 hospitals couldnt soften all that disease, and since now we are going to need a LOT more slots to actually produce things that means war is going to be a lot more expensive and less likely.

Now if you go max military with 2000 infra you are literally producing nothing or getting a negative income.

• Upvote 3

eastwood.jpg

"You've got the top 400 nations owning more wealth than the bottom 15 thousand nations. Most folks do not think that is right."

#Sheepy#FeeltheSheepy#Bernie#Sanders

We are going to make Orbis Great Again!

#Sheepy#MakeOrbisGreatAgain#Donald#Trump

Edited by Anonymous

Hey Alex,

With the new update there is no efficient way to get a flat 115% commerce rate.  You can either underbuy to 114% with 3 supermarkets or you overbuy to 117% (a waste of 2% econ) with 4 supermarkets.  Now you have to do 4 banks and 5 supermarkets to get to 115% rather than 5 banks and 3 supermarkets, wasting a slot.  I understand this was meant to slightly nerf economic nations but is there any way we can find a 1% boost somewhere to even it out, maybe attached to the World Trade Center wonder so that people who invest in the project don't get slightly screwed by the increased slot requirement? 

• Upvote 4

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

• Administrators
1 minute ago, martbhell said:

:) Are hospital's pollution also doubled to 8?

Hospitals were not changed at all in this update.

Just now, Sargun said:

Hey Alex,

With the new update there is no efficient way to get a flat 115% commerce rate.  You can either underbuy to 114% with 3 supermarkets or you overbuy to 117% (a waste of 2% econ) with 4 supermarkets.  Now you have to do 4 banks and 5 supermarkets to get to 115% rather than 5 banks and 3 supermarkets, wasting a slot.  I understand this was meant to slightly nerf economic nations but is there any way we can find a 1% boost somewhere to even it out, maybe attached to the World Trade Center wonder so that people who invest in the project don't get slightly screwed by the increased slot requirement? 

I understand that, I did change Subways to 8% so you could hit an even 100% efficiently, but for the 115% I'm not convinced it's necessary. You'll probably just have to decide for yourself whether it's worth the extra slot to go from 114% to 115% commerce, because 114% is going to be very close to 115% in income generated. I think having that extra decision being made is a good thing, and is another way that nations can build more uniquely.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 minute ago, Sargun said:

Hey Alex,

3 Stadiums, 4 Shopping Malls, 4 Banks, 5 Markets, 1 subway.

• Upvote 6

• Jax locked this topic