Whats the aim here?

Bezzers

On 7/10/2017 at 6:22 PM, Arkiri Arch said:

Tell me exactly how 8 city nations will fight 16, 17 or even 18 city nations

We did 5 on 15

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, durmij said:

We did 5 on 15

Since you only bothered to quote half my statement, I'm going to automatically assume the 15 was completely zeroed. Congrats. 

• Upvote 1

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

54 minutes ago, Arkiri Arch said:

Since you only bothered to quote half my statement, I'm going to automatically assume the 15 was completely zeroed. Congrats. 

I mean, when you coordinate properly, cool shit happens, and considering the numbers advantage you guys had, and the fact that those nations with double your cities couldn't easily preempt you because of down declare limitations... (Do I really need to spell it out)

Edited by Felkey
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Arkiri Arch said:

Nope, as a matter of fact, the 15 down declared on the 5 and our player was able to out maneuver him and get a choice blockade.

I didn't bother quoting you because it's the same !@#$ing whining we've seen since you blew the initiative in the opening salvos. Your side had more players, more score and more total cities (not average) going into the war. You even had treaty chess on your side, allowing you to pick good fronts. You had the advantages and you lost war. It is your fault, and passing it off as a lost war from the get go is completely intellectually dishonest.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, durmij said:

Nope, as a matter of fact, the 15 down declared on the 5 and our player was able to out maneuver him and get a choice blockade.

I didn't bother quoting you because it's the same !@#$ing whining we've seen since you blew the initiative in the opening salvos. Your side had more players, more score and more total cities (not average) going into the war. You even had treaty chess on your side, allowing you to pick good fronts. You had the advantages and you lost war. It is your fault, and passing it off as a lost war from the get go is completely intellectually dishonest.

Wrong

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

1 hour ago, Ryleh said:

Average city count is the key.

And a lot of our members couldn't even declare on yours.

When updeclaring, it's a lot easier to find a target then through downdeclaring. We had entire alliances almost sitting out, and there is no way your side ran out of targets, except through shooting yourselves in the foot with treaty chess. We still had plenty of slots for you to fill, but you just couldn't move those units.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ryleh said:

Average city count is at best a rough guide, not very helpful for comparing tiering in alliances.

XLL3z4T.gif

9 hours ago, Ryleh said:

If you had trouble updeclaring, imagine the ball ache we had trying to down declare. Of the alliances we had able to fight after the first round, maybe half their members were able to fight??? It was so annoying that had most of them gone zm they still wouldn't have been able to hit anyone, so even relying entirely on rebuy ability was out of the question.

Cities be damned, we've got everyone beat in average chromosome count!

wait....

• Upvote 2

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

On 7/17/2017 at 6:16 PM, durmij said:

Damn didn't think of that. You win.

This made me chuckle a bit.  Especially when the whole 'no' groupthink was happening here.  I think 'wrong' is a slight step above that at least.