Where are the non-boring topics at?

Frank Todd

By all means, create. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

15 hours ago, Frank Todd said:

Reading through the forums, I noticed that most if not all the topics seem to have glazed over for the most part. Where's the interesting stuff at?

What's interesting to you?

11 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

What's interesting to you?

passionate discussion, or debate. What has been posted as of late just seems like people are going through the motions.

A good example would be Roz from Roz wei, was he right all the time? Not at all, but he at least illicit an emotional response. 

But alas, no one wants to debate anything crazy due to the wash of PC on this forum (at least what I've seen). And sure there are giant threads that are old as sin that are reminiscent of the above, but they started back when discussions were fun.

Debates are only fun when both sides adamantly believe in what they are debating about, and discussions are only entertaining when you feel what someone is saying, not "Blah blah blah, and that is what I think on the matter."

d0r0WcS.gif

25 minutes ago, Frank Todd said:

passionate discussion, or debate. What has been posted as of late just seems like people are going through the motions.

A good example would be Roz from Roz wei, was he right all the time? Not at all, but he at least illicit an emotional response. 

But alas, no one wants to debate anything crazy due to the wash of PC on this forum (at least what I've seen). And sure there are giant threads that are old as sin that are reminiscent of the above, but they started back when discussions were fun.

Debates are only fun when both sides adamantly believe in what they are debating about, and discussions are only entertaining when you feel what someone is saying, not "Blah blah blah, and that is what I think on the matter."

Eh... this community doesn't seem too PC tbh.  Try discussing on some real political forums and you'll see how crazy PC can be.

It seems more like a lot of people just don't know that much about current events here.

Just now, Dubayoo said:

Eh... this community doesn't seem too PC tbh.  Try discussing on some real political forums and you'll see how crazy PC can be.

It seems more like a lot of people just don't know that much about current events here.

you've apparently never seen the non-pc shit on this forum then.

d0r0WcS.gif

Just now, Frank Todd said:

you've apparently never seen the non-pc shit on this forum then.

Maybe.  How long ago are you talking about?

Just now, Dubayoo said:

Maybe.  How long ago are you talking about?

before I disbanded the OOS, so decemberish

That's kinda when it died out

Edited by Frank Todd

d0r0WcS.gif

2 minutes ago, Frank Todd said:

before I disbanded the OOS, so decemberish

That's kinda when it died out

Ah yea.  I see what you mean from scrolling back.  I've only been here since May.

As far as multiculturalism goes, I used to sympathize with the same perspective he takes, but I realized there's a lot of subversion as I got older.  There's a lot of people who were wise guys before in judging people according to external factors beyond their control, so they discriminated against people in the past.  Then, some idealists came in and told them to knock it off.

Those wise guys switched sides and started engaging in all this affirmative action nonsense where they wanted to start blaming people who weren't at fault for previous discrimination.  That way, they could continue being wise guys as well as spread the blame for what their attitude problem caused in the past.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 9:11 AM, Frank Todd said:

Reading through the forums, I noticed that most if not all the topics seem to have glazed over for the most part. Where's the interesting stuff at?

On 7/8/2017 at 4:30 AM, Lightning said:

This place has pretty much been a graveyard after the Great Meme War. 

Discord pretty much replaced the forums as the place to talk about politics, memes etc.

• Upvote 1

I'm baiting really hard right now. So hard. They call me a master at baiting. A master baiter, if you will. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

On 7/30/2017 at 5:35 PM, ComradeMilton said:

Not holding a few key posters' opinion in discussion is basically a hate crime if you don't agree with them. Kind of strange.

Like ComradeMilton for example! :P