Define Godmodding

• Moderators

Hello community, let's discuss Godmodding.

The definition to goddodding is: 

"God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. And example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try. 

-It can be killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission. 
-It can be when they simply can’t be hit and dodgeall attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them. 
-It can also be using other characters that other people RP with. In other words, if you do not RP as 
Legolas, then you cannot have Legolas say anything, or do anything, without the player's express permission. 

The absolute worst is when they make out another character to be what they’re not, just to make their own character seem superior. They make others seem weak, screaming for help, when they’ve made it quite clear about their advantages and strengths. This is called power-play. It’s a strain of God-Modding, but instead of just being irritating, it’s offensive to boot.

^ That is what generally everyone agrees, the question. Is how do you guys want me to enforce the No-Godmodding rules.

I was thinking on the lines of:

Before using any new tech you haven't posted before must be developed before use. Causing the stages:

Research: The beginning, where blue prints, designs, and etc come into play.

Development: Now that it's been researched, tested, and approved by your government, it has to be developed. You can't instantly go from researching the designs and weapons and then have the superweapon built all in the same day.

Also, must tech in my opinion should at least have 1 critical flaw, that allows people who may RP tech not as advanced as yours ability to have some form of retaliation. 

I also don't want to here "But Erin, my weapons in space, they can't touch it!" Or "But Erin, fairness kills the RP." Your weapon that you think is indestructible? Guess what, the nation with Cold War tech blew it up with crashing into the weapon. Nothing in life is fair, but I'll ensure the RPers have a fair chance

As much as I would like to make everyone join the same tech era, I couldn't, and even if I could, I am fairly certain, most of You will be upset. So this is a compromise. 

You guys suggest, discuss, and have a blast.

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

Seems like you covered the basics.

But also one thing missed is god-modding your character to suddenly killing someone else's character without any build-up or permission. While the main characters played in the RP should have a little bit of an advantage to stay alive (Because they're the main characters) that doesn't mean they are immortal. Injuries can be the main thing played (As you can't lead a country when in a comma) so your character isn't dead but out of play for the moment.

I'm open to what people have to say about this as I got it off the top of my head.

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

There's no such thing as all seeing eyes, prior RP should be required. If I want to spy on Tomainia with satellites or whatever then all I'd have to do is RP'd having spy sats, but having boots on the ground should come with a level of risk or ability for the nation being spied on to have some method of counterplay.

• Upvote 1

The research thing is a bit too long, perhaps shorten the process? Also, many of my characters aren't human and can't be killed/harmed by normal means. This means people who wish to rp fight them must either have at least the same level of power, or be creative and exploit any flaws they have (pm me for said flaws), just a heads up. Most of my military is human and/or drones with some exceptions though, so killing them would be easier than killing any of my main characters. Also, by "never been posted", do you mean I should post about it here or can I use stuff I already put in the wiki?

Edited by Cheonsa

mOMPUVF.jpg

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Cheonsa said:

The research thing is a bit too long, perhaps shorten the process? Also, many of my characters aren't human and can't be killed/harmed by normal means. This means people who wish to rp fight them must either have at least the same level of power, or be creative and exploit any flaws they have (pm me for said flaws), just a heads up. Most of my military is human and/or drones with some exceptions though, so killing them would be easier than killing any of my main characters. Also, by "never been posted", do you mean I should post about it here or can I use stuff I already put in the wiki?

Too long? Really? No, you want to make it where you can have tech researched, developed, and mass produced in a day, which is not ok in any sense. My stance on tech will stay, as it should be RPed out how you gained that technology, how you manufactured out after final tastings and etc. 

I'm going to exempt tech that you have already included in your nation. Future tech must follow the guidelines I set out.  

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

6 minutes ago, Erin Brockovich said:

Too long? Really? No, you want to make it where you can have tech researched, developed, and mass produced in a day, which is not ok in any sense. My stance on tech will stay, as it should be RPed out how you gained that technology, how you manufactured out after final tastings and etc. 

I'm going to exempt tech that you have already included in your nation. Future tech must follow the guidelines I set out.  

Okay, thanks, I'll get back to you if I have any other questions, okay?

mOMPUVF.jpg

23 hours ago, Erin Brockovich said:

okay, so.. all technologies i have should be RPed? well..that'll spent a lot of threads in the NatRP

by the way, you said a research and development in a day is not possible, so each of the events must be posted in a different day?

if i researched this day, can i make the development or mass production RP of the technological-thing on the next day?

signatur.jpg

• Moderators

I was thinking on the lines of spreading the the entire thing to encourage more activity and to ensure the guidelines.

Tech can't be developed overnight. Research, development, and mass production, realistically, can't be completed under short time of period. I want everyone to expand on their progress of technology. Show the workings, how you researched it, what went on during that process, move to the next stage of Development, how it was developed, created and etc, and then move to the final stage of Mass Production, which would essentially be the shortest step. 

Spread it, because overnight tech will not be tolerated. 

giphy.gif