Is There a Game Here?

Dubayoo

I've been talking with more and more players who seem to believe in the following conditions:

1. PnW needs more war,
  2. Players are hesitant to engage others due to real life friendships they've formed, and
  3. Whales have created a bedrock of elites which has created a downward trend of downdeclaring since updeclaring is nigh-impossible.

As a pirate, I don't personally encounter these problems, but it does make me wonder if there's a general trend in the gameworld that's petrifying gameplay to a standstill and dissuading future players from staying around.  There is nothing to compete over anymore since the network of relationships that's established is literally creating gridlock, and anyone new who wants to join by default doesn't have enough force to unlock it.

Therefore, is there really a game here anymore?

Sure there is. World Domination isn't the whole purpose of the game. :v

As long as people are still having fun, that's ok. Some people have fun by just looking their infra increasing, others by looting, others by launching nukes here and there...

It's inaccurate to say the friendships between players are causing a gridlock, it didn't stop BK or CS from fighting a war against alliances who a few months prior were seen as very close allies. The catalyst for the change in BK & CS's FA direction was having new leaders probably, Curu took over from Strum, and Rache took over from Robert and not long after they formed IQ. So you could end up with high tier AAs switching sides over time.

bw0643E.gif

16 minutes ago, Vack said:

It's inaccurate to say the friendships between players are causing a gridlock, it didn't stop BK or CS from fighting a war against alliances who a few months prior were seen as very close allies. The catalyst for the change in BK & CS's FA direction was having new leaders probably, Curu took over from Strum, and Rache took over from Robert and not long after they formed IQ. So you could end up with high tier AAs switching sides over time.

Yea, but BK and CS got wrecked.

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Sure there is. World Domination isn't the whole purpose of the game. :v

As long as people are still having fun, that's ok. Some people have fun by just looking their infra increasing, others by looting, others by launching nukes here and there...

Eh... I'd say those who like looking at infra increasing are playing the wrong game.  They should just go play Sim City.

Looting and nuking are a blast, but the game needs more of it... a LOT more of it. 

42 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

I think what the game needs is less...

There's your problem.

Instead of adding, you're subtracting.

If anything, this game needs less people who think the game needs less.

Edited by Dubayoo
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

Eh... I'd say those who like looking at infra increasing are playing the wrong game.  They should just go play Sim City.

Oh lovely another "if you don't agree with my ideas or beliefs you're playing the game wrong" post from this guy

• Upvote 1

Just now, Felkey said:

Oh lovely another "if you don't agree with my ideas or beliefs you're playing the game wrong" post from this guy

Not really.

It's just that they're wasting their time and wasting other people's time by playing the game inefficiently.

They can play the game how they want, but that doesn't mean they're spending their time wisely.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

There's your problem.

Instead of adding, you're subtracting.

If anything, this game needs less people who think the game needs less.

My problem? I don't have a problem, I'm not the one that keeps complaining. I'm content and like many others I'll keep playing the game how I want to play it, making my own fun, regardless of complaints about the game itself.

2 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

Not really.

It's just that they're wasting their time and wasting other people's time by playing the game inefficiently.

They can play the game how they want, but that doesn't mean they're spending their time wisely.

Uh, yes really.

If you think they're wasting their time that's fine but all that is is your personal opinion founded on what you consider to be wasting time. Other people probably don't agree with you on your view of what wasting time is, which means that you stating these things means very little to people who don't see any point in listening to you about how they're supposed to play the game.

No matter how much you complain, no matter how many problems you find for yourself to play with, people are going to play the game how they want. What you should realize is that no one gives a flying !@#$ about whether or not you think they're spending their time wisely or playing the game inefficiently. No one needs you to manage how they play the game and your personal opinion on these things aren't going to suddenly sway a ton of people and convince them to play the game exactly how you want them to.

Here's an idea, why don't you stop wasting your time complaining to people who either don't care about your opinion, don't agree with your opinion or don't want to listen to you and we can all choose how we want to play the game ourselves. You can play as wisely and as effectively as you want according to your own conceptions about what exactly that is and everyone else can do the same based on their own conceptions. That way, we all get to do what we want to do and we get to not listen to people moan about how the game is terrible and bad and needs this and that. Everybody wins!

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

blah blah people dont play the way I want. Meaningless post pointing this out. It's a game. Play it your way. If you don't receive anything from it...leave. Easy.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Upvote 4

Pretty much spot on post. Just check the AAs of those replying with rage. P/W is a massive circlejerk. 

6 hours ago, Big Brother said:

My problem?

If you're going to say "I think" while ignoring rhetorical language then yea, your problem.

4 hours ago, Fraggle said:

blah blah people dont play the way I want. Meaningless post pointing this out. It's a game. Play it your way. If you don't receive anything from it...leave. Easy.

As I've explained elsewhere with a football analogy, there's a difference between pointing out people not trying to score touchdowns while just dancing around or meditating on the field versus running alternate formations and plays.

The problem here is there's too much dancing and meditating.  I've never proscribed a specific strategy on how to play the game.