Testing Forum Mentions

Alex

• Administrators

So if I recall, with this new software we can mention each other with the @ character. This is super convenient, and just to make sure it works, I'd like everyone to respond here with

@Kastor

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Wiki Mod

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

@Les Paul Supreme hello! How's rl going?

• Upvote 2

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Why do you need it? All BB code is automatic :wub:

07ec39e41885c794b851134881515850.jpg

Even pics are automatic

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

BBcode gives you a lot more control about how content displays. It's really good for transferring content across multiple forums - if you want to post an alliance announcement in a couple of different forums, you only need to format it in BBcode once and then just copy and paste. WYSIWYG editors nearly always have slight differences in how they format content across forums. To take just one basic example, forums often have different coloured backgrounds which makes an announcement look messy when you copy and paste it to a new forum using a WYSIWYG editor. 

BBcode is also super handy for people who want to post automatically generated daily stats reports.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Noooooooo! Where is my beautiful BBcode? :(

@Alex is there any way to turn on BBcode in these this new version?

I would assume you can still use BBcode, somehow or another. Testing bold

BBcode is working fine for me.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I would assume you can still use BBcode, somehow or another. Testing bold

BBcode is working fine for me.

Yes, but you can't edit your message in BBcode once you've posted. For people that post mod threads and contests and other such things where they need to go back and edit the first post repeatedly, that is important. Also it's difficult to quote somebody properly in BBcode.  Also, I know from experience on other forums that BBcode often doesn't format correctly on IPS4 forums. They're just really unfriendly to BBcode. I don't know why they dislike it so. :(

I recognise that you probably can't do much about it, just voicing my frustration.

• Upvote 1

But @Sheepy, @Sheepy doesn't work for me. ;) 

7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Yes, but you can't edit your message in BBcode once you've posted. For people that post mod threads and contests and other such things where they need to go back and edit the first post repeatedly, that is important. Also it's difficult to quote somebody properly in BBcode.  Also, I know from experience on other forums that BBcode often doesn't format correctly on IPS4 forums. They're just really unfriendly to BBcode. I don't know why they dislike it so. :(

I always found it easier to delete quotes with BBcode on. Although now I guess you can Ctrl + Right click to delete a quote. I still went to where the BBcode button was to delete a quote in another thread. Old habits die hard. 

Also, YouTube is auto display now. No need for [.youtube] or [.media]

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png