Important Debate

Buorhann

I believe that, behind the facts, no, they can not, but they do do something else with the water.

Yes, it is true, the famous question will be answered today! Hippopotamuses can not swim.

"But I see them in water! Blah blah" I hear you well educated people say, and I respond with the true facts, Hippos do not swim, but walk, yes! I said walk. I quote;

"Like many people, hippos enjoy resting in cool water and can let themselves float or sink by controlling their breathing and body position. Once sunk, hippos don’t swim back up to the surface: they walk along the bottom till they reach shallow water. Unlike people, hippos can hold their breath for minutes at a time."

As the colossal guants they seem to be, they can not swim.

In conclusion, this should help you believe that Hippopotamuses can not swim! But walk under water.

I'm so confused over myself now.

If you thought that was bad, you better sit down and take a deep breath before you read the other sections. :ph34r:

"Mating in the hippo takes place in the water, with the female submerged for most of the time. It is a prolonged and noisy affair during which only the male can be seen, rearing up out of the water, and the only indication of what is taking place is the periodic emergence of the female's head, presumably to draw breath."

xzhPlEh.png?1

Between this and his profile picture, I think Bourhann is having an identity crisis rn lol

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."