Inquisition Flight 420 to Nassau - UPN Removed

Pangui

Your other allies were dragged into a war that didn't really involve them, simply to help out their allies

Dude... allies are there to help you out. Every alliance has "dragged" in their allies. That isn't a reason to leave the war early.

Government's "drag" their members into war for things that don't necessarily concern them. That member shouldn't leave the alliance in the middle of the war as a response.

• Upvote 3
6XmKiC2.png

Unless these other alliances were just as eager to see the "shakeup" that IQ was it seems IQ has no basis to be upset. Signing to form an entirely new bloc does more or less indicate their willingness to that kind of shakeup. Your other allies were dragged into a war that didn't really involve them, simply to help out their allies; a war with a flimsy (as far as I can tell nonexistent) CB. And then afterwards they get shit on for leaving after a month of fighting. Can you explain to me why IQ feels so entitled to have these alliances fighting for them simply because they want to "shake things up"? Yeah, I realize TKR has a lot of trouble abiding by terms, but with admission to the bloc the alliances are consenting to act as a group and are obligated to do so unless they decide to take a TKR stance of ignoring the terms of a treaty. Especially after it is becoming increasingly clear that your side is not winning and the war is being dragged out unnecessarily.  Feel free to reduce your requests if you're bothered by war length.

Because it seems to me despite your claim you are the one causing any sort of divison on your side What division is that?

GICjEwp.gif

Unless these other alliances were just as eager to see the "shakeup" that IQ was it seems IQ has no basis to be upset. Signing to form an entirely new bloc does more or less indicate their willingness to that kind of shakeup. Your other allies were dragged into a war that didn't really involve them, simply to help out their allies; a war with a flimsy (as far as I can tell nonexistent) CB. And then afterwards they get shit on for leaving after a month of fighting. Can you explain to me why IQ feels so entitled to have these alliances fighting for them simply because they want to "shake things up"? Yeah, I realize TKR has a lot of trouble abiding by terms, but with admission to the bloc the alliances are consenting to act as a group and are obligated to do so unless they decide to take a TKR stance of ignoring the terms of a treaty. Especially after it is becoming increasingly clear that your side is not winning and the war is being dragged out unnecessarily.  Feel free to reduce your requests if you're bothered by war length.

Because it seems to me despite your claim you are the one causing any sort of divison on your side What division is that?

I thought it was clear this thread and the conversation Roq and I were having was about UPN and the other alliances who have decided to make peace. Not the IQ bloc members. 

Edited by Simple Smith

C0r3Fye.png

I thought it was clear this thread and the conversation Roq and I were having was about UPN and the other alliances who have decided to make peace. Not the IQ bloc members. 

Feel just as free to ignore my comments as TKR does in ignoring treaty terms.

GICjEwp.gif

Feel just as free to ignore my comments as TKR does in ignoring treaty terms.

Your comments are completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand and are addressing arguments that you misunderstood. I honestly have no idea what point you are trying to make and I'm not sure you do either

Edited by Simple Smith
  • Upvote 1

C0r3Fye.png

Your comments are completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand and are addressing arguments that you misunderstood. I honestly have no idea what point you are trying to make and I'm not sure you do either

I'm fine, thanks. The arguments I refer to occurred when I was running Foreign Affairs and were exclusively with me. So...

I heard tS is still waiting on BK to honour their MDP  :rolleyes:

So BK cancelled. TKR did not, it just stopped abiding by the treaty.

GICjEwp.gif

Unless these other alliances were just as eager to see the "shakeup" that IQ was it seems IQ has no basis to be upset. Your other allies were dragged into a war that didn't really involve them, simply to help out their allies; a war with a flimsy (as far as I can tell nonexistent) CB. And then afterwards they get shit on for leaving after a month of fighting. Can you explain to me why IQ feels so entitled to have these alliances fighting for them simply because they want to "shake things up"? Especially after it is becoming increasingly clear that your side is not winning and the war is being dragged out unnecessarily.

Because it seems to me despite your claim you are the one causing any sort of divison on your side

There weren't serious objections and Boony already answered the point about dragging people in.  Most alliances involved saw the shake-up as preferable to what had been going on before. Given it's come to my attention that your side is aware of the CB, I'm not really sure why you keep pushing this point. It did involve them since the war plans mainly started as a result of the VE thing which was further apart from IQ than from the remnants of Paracov.   The war is ultimately being dragged out unnecessarily out of spite by your side. The problem here isn't really limited to any alliance, but everyone staying in is the best way to ensure the best possible result for any side. The culture has been usually alliances are encouraged by the other side to leave and treated relatively nicely if not seen as core players, when they would never tolerate it happening to them. So to your last sentence, no.

UPN did not enter the war because of a CB, or because we wished for a shake-up(though admittedly had we won it would of course had been beneficial to us).  We did so because we were called upon by allies and happily answered the call. I won't any claims about the validity or invalidity of the CB since it had no impact on the decision to enter war. 

We did feel as though after a month of fighting a result had been reached, and that is reflected in the peace we signed to end the war for us. 

Edited by Pangui
  • Upvote 5
0Lovl.png

UPN did not enter the war because of a CB, or because we wished for a shake-up(though admittedly had we won it would of course had been beneficial to us).  We did so because we were called upon by allies and happily answered the call. I won't any claims about the validity or invalidity of the CB since it had no impact on the decision to enter war. 

We did feel as though after a month of fighting a result had been reached, and that is reflected in the peace we signed to end the war for us. 

Funny how people claim treaties don't remove their own alliance's sovereignty, but when it comes time to discuss the CB every war there are always people claiming that they were merely answering the call... "just following orders".

At least nut up and admit you thought there was a chance at victory and went in because UPN would profit. That your treaty was a mere realpolitik extension of your own desire to topple your enemy. At least give me the satisfaction of knowing that the entire group of UPN didn't just blindly rush in because they were told to by another group?

This is a message that should resonate with all alliances that use the line "we were just coming in for an ally." That's called being a follower, you're just using a different verbiage and trying to pass it off as honorable. Alliances exist to be sovereign political entities, and if you thought otherwise you would merge.

STOP SIGNING TREATIES THAT COULD DRAG YOU INTO A SITUATION YOU DISAGREE WITH. If you genuinely can't even publicly comment on the CB, let alone defend it, then you shouldn't be involved in that war period. Going along for the ride is what creates stagnant politics, and it's what has cost UPN and other alliances victory multiple times over the past two years.

The optional clause exists for a reason. Utilize it. No, it is not defending an ally if they got countered going into an aggressive war. It's not that !@#$ing hard.

• Upvote 5

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

Funny how people claim treaties don't remove their own alliance's sovereignty, but when it comes time to discuss the CB every war there are always people claiming that they were merely answering the call... "just following orders".

This is a message that should resonate with all alliances that use the line "we were just coming in for an ally." That's called being a follower, you're just using a different verbiage and trying to pass it off as honorable. Alliances exist to be sovereign political entities, and if you thought otherwise you would merge.

STOP SIGNING TREATIES THAT COULD DRAG YOU INTO A SITUATION YOU DISAGREE WITH. If you genuinely can't even publicly comment on the CB, let alone defend it, then you shouldn't be involved in that war period. Going along for the ride is what creates stagnant politics, and it's what has cost UPN and other alliances victory multiple times over the past two years.

The optional clause exists for a reason. Utilize it. No, it is not defending an ally if they got countered going into an aggressive war. It's not that !@#$ hard.

It's my sovereign decision to answer that call, and I did under the impression that yes, the outcome would solidify the position of its allies, by extension UPN's position. These two points do not contend with each other. How is a war that my allies ask me to join not going to be beneficial to us if we win? 

You also do not get to determine what wars that UPN should or should not involved in. That decision rest in the hands of UPN's government. 

At least nut up and admit you thought there was a chance at victory and went in because UPN would profit. That your treaty was a mere realpolitik extension of your own desire to topple your enemy. At least give me the satisfaction of knowing that the entire group of UPN didn't just blindly rush in because they were told to by another group?

Stop pretending you know motivations.  Holton, this isn't the first time you've speculated and been wrong about UPN's decision making process and I suspect it won't be your last. You should probably consult the sources before you go making baseless claims. 

• Upvote 1
0Lovl.png

You have 461 average infra per city (not including the 7.5% of your alliance currently in vacation mode).

Even if Psweet does let you appropriate all of his banks assets, in what way shape or form can you manage it?

And you are hiding from the fight. I know where I would rather be

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nah fam, we just knocked your shit in so badly you can't hit up at us anymore.

• Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

It's my sovereign decision to answer that call, and I did under the impression that yes, the outcome would solidify the position of its allies, by extension UPN's position. These two points do not contend with each other. How is a war that my allies ask me to join not going to be beneficial to us if we win? 

You also do not get to determine what wars that UPN should or should not involved in. That decision rest in the hands of UPN's government. 

Stop pretending you know motivations.  Holton, this isn't the first time you've speculated and been wrong about UPN's decision making process and I suspect it won't be your last. You should probably consult the sources before you go making baseless claims. 

I feel like my message was pretty clear.

I wasn't assuming your motivations, I know UPN has none of those. I was saying that I hope your motivations include something a little more self-serving other than "because they told us to." In fact, typically speaking, motivation for going to war almost exclusively should be more than simply towing the line.

I get coalition warfare and all that but genuinely how has that worked out so far? How has morale been within UPN and other alliances on your side that weren't directly involved in Inquisition's schemes and were instead just tertiary allies called in to fill gaps in the war?

Clearly, from this surrender, not great. Don't get me wrong, I hold disdain for UPN but my posts aren't designed to troll or shit on you. Heck I wouldn't even call myself a fan of Syndisphere. I'm calling you out so that you might recognize and better yourselves. Perhaps even learn from the repeated lessons that an actual CB might help your members care about the war so that the next time you have numbers advantage you might actually win.

Edited by Pride

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

I'm fine, thanks. The arguments I refer to occurred when I was running Foreign Affairs and were exclusively with me. So...

So BK cancelled. TKR did not, it just stopped abiding by the treaty.

NPO's FA improved significantly the moment you left, in my humble opinion :v

BK hasn't canceled anything, TKR gave the OO 72-hour notice, TKR opted into not signing a separate treaty with BK, Mensa opted into canceling their treaty with BK, and BK still holds their MDP with tS, so I dunno what you're referring to. Worth noting that TKR has honored every single treaty it's ever signed, and no NPO doesn't count for billions of reasons already discussed here, TKR forums, NPO forums, discord, and just about everywhere else. Good try though :P 

• Upvote 3

Nah, I'm fine. I did accidentally just beige one of the Pantheons, but it funded more tanks so that's okay.

Are you? Your first message was quite messy, thus why I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

And yer, I tend to get that as well when I beige BK people. If I do beige them, that is. It's more amusing to keep them blockaded and see them run out of power in their cities.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/size]

Me: You're so broke that your alliance faces total shut down in 2 to 4 weeks.

You: Yeah but you don't have any wars going in right now.

084.png

Edit: Also, 2 more of your members deleted today. Don't you care about them?

Edited by durmij
  • Upvote 6

NPO's FA improved significantly the moment you left, in my humble opinion :v I doubt i or NPO really care. I'm surprised anyone trusts you guys enough to bother to treaty you.

BK hasn't canceled anything, TKR gave the OO 72-hour notice, TKR opted into not signing a separate treaty with BK, Mensa opted into canceling their treaty with BK, and BK still holds their MDP with tS, so I dunno what you're referring to. Worth noting that TKR has honored every single treaty it's ever signed (except the one with NPO, of course, which it just ignored), and no NPO doesn't count for billions of reasons already discussed here, TKR forums, NPO forums, discord, and just about everywhere else. Good try though :P It's not a try and it's not an argument. There was a standard MDoAP and you ignored it. That's why I had the chance to tell you all that the treaty, if you assumed it still existed, was immediately void and swear a lot. <3

Are you? Your first message was quite messy, thus why I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

And yer, I tend to get that as well when I beige BK people. If I do beige them, that is. It's more amusing to keep them blockaded and see them run out of power in their cities. Yeah, I've been breaking a lot of the blockades because they're so light they drop with one air attack.

Me: You're so broke that your alliance faces total shut down in 2 to 4 weeks. Interesting. How would you know how much money we have, exactly? Are you basing this assumption on the bank's balance? Because LOL.

You: Yeah but you don't have any wars going in right now. I do what the alliance wants. Sometimes that includes not constantly being in active wars. Sometimes it's other stuff. 

Edit: Also, 2 more of your members deleted today. Don't you care about them? Not at all, no.

Pantheon may as well surrender now. Milton is in their base killing all their dudes, wrecking them with his 1/11 war record in a tier his side has an advantage in. Not really too concerned about my war record. I follow directions. If I lose pixels, oh well. I have tons of cash to rebuild so I'm not really concerned.

Edited by ComradeMilton

GICjEwp.gif