On Recent Events

Alpha Pig

From The Animal Observer, the official state-run newspaper of The Creature's Republic of Anthropomorphia:

Hello, my loyal readers! I am happy to announce that rebuilding is officially over, so we can put this long, drawn-out war behind us. Unfortunately, not all of the news I plan to give you will be happy. I was recently made aware of the Great Catsby, leader of the Purrrfect Kingdom of Felinedia and of the alliance Animal Empire, establishing a Casus Belli against nations/alliances related to dogs. As a dog myself, I cannot provide support to a country or an alliance run by somebody with such prejudices, so as of today, I'm announcing an embargo against the Purrrfect Kingdom of Felinedia and a suspension of all diplomatic activities between Anthropomorphia and the nations of Animal Empire. Animals who flee those countries will still be allowed to take refuge in Anthropomorphia, as providing sanctuary to animals without a home is in our constitution, and animals endangered by Catsby's recklessness shouldn't be punished for their situations, anyway. When I founded Anthropomorphia, I emphasised maintaining peace between all animals, cat and dog, predator and prey, so we can one day unite against the humans. Even if it turned out that Catsby's CB didn't affect us (which is incredibly unlikely), it is clear that he doesn't share our values, so we must cut ties with him and his alliance for the betterment of animalkind.

I was also made aware of the assassination of Akaatan governor Cassus Ordo. My condolences go out to the people of The Akaata, and if it turns out that the group responsible for the assassination, the Fangs of Hell, was also responsible for the release of the Blackwing virus, which killed many of our diplomats but thankfully had only a negligible effect on Anthropomorphia itself, I want The Akaata to know that I will commit troops to help fight the terrorist organization, and our spies continue to gather intelligence on them. If we learn anything, The Akaata will be the first to know. Thank you, and dogspeed.

• Upvote 2

Ceterum censeo Arrghinem esse delendam

(Furthermore, I consider that Arrgh must be destroyed)

Your dogs have ravaged our cat hospitals, attacking those who were giving birth to kittens. Your species has been the cause of many casualties in our purrrfect nation. Senator Fluffynut stated that tt was clear that we had to cut off the root of the problem. All other species of animals are ok by my standards, but for now your slobbery canine species are not allowed to step paw on our nation.

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

Your dogs have ravaged our cat hospitals, attacking those who were giving birth to kittens. Your species has been the cause of many casualties in our purrrfect nation. Senator Fluffynut stated that tt was clear that we had to cut off the root of the problem. All other species of animals are ok by my standards, but for now your slobbery canine species are not allowed to step paw on our nation.

The actions of a few bad tourists are not in our control. I've gone to the greatest lengths to ensure that your kind feel welcome in our country, and I only ask that you extend the same courtesy to my species.

Ceterum censeo Arrghinem esse delendam

(Furthermore, I consider that Arrgh must be destroyed)

The actions of a few bad tourists are not in our control. I've gone to the greatest lengths to ensure that your kind feel welcome in our country, and I only ask that you extend the same courtesy to my species.

Only if you are to ship over free catnip

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."