The war so far v4

Avruch

I am just over 2 months old and the same size as most in NPO.

And? The policy was in place due to the situation: a mostly mid-tier and higher hostile dominant group with no hopes of  achieving statistical parity outside of a narrow NS  range. Everyone knows the rationale behind it.

The game being shittily balanced and some group attempting to exploit that fact in some way aside...

The Roquentin thing is just really repulsive.

Why would we not make the mechanics work to our advantage? it's not as if others don't.

Are you talking about the same NPO that asked Alex to add the city deletion option so they were able to lower the score of their top nations?

No one actually deleted a city. CM brought it up because he wanted to shrink himself but we have no such policy in place to delete existent cities.

Generally, I feel that tracking score alone is a gross misrepresentation of the actual situation.

(of course I'm just salty that BK has lost half its score and stuff)

Here's the militarization percentages from the buildup to now:

http://imgur.com/a/NTD5s

I'm insulted you didn't add a graph for us. Not that we're really fighting anymore. Everyone in range of even a downdeclare of 2 days military, is in vacation mode.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Nonsense, there are a few nations in NPO of a similar nation age as I am. A few used to be in range even not so long ago...

The lack of larger NPO nations is solely a result of their own policies

obviously its their policy because of your blah blah3...why would they choose to make more cities if it would cause them to get rolled? no matter how i see it it, their policy is very effective...look at the nations being rekt between TKR and NPO or tS and NPO there's not much to explain as to its effectiveness. Just you wait in the next war, they'll be adding another couple of cities and you'll get used to it being rekt again.  :P

It's more the fault of Sheepy being a lazy ass because airplanes haven't been changed and have remained a tank killer since Silent War. IQ alliances aren't the first to use it; in fact, Syndisphere had formerly used it during the Silent War to gain an advantage. For many weeks people have asked Sheepy to balance planes. The test server is finally experimenting with it, however, halving tank losses from airstrikes and buffing tank damage and ground control. 

Why would we not make the mechanics work to our advantage? it's not as if others don't.

I know this. Everybody abuses game mechanics, obviously, and Alex seems to more or less let it slide as we saw with, say, TI. Faults in the design are blamed on the developer, not the players, that's a basic principle.

My message was trying to convey, "That (the fact that the war is annoyingly dragged out in this way because of game mechanics) being put aside, NPO's mostly-silent 100 member communist Roquentin cult disturbs me."

look at the nations being rekt between TKR and NPO or tS and NPO there's not much to explain as to its effectiveness.

I'm always at least 1 vs 3 overwhelmed by their planes, how can I survive in this unmanageable situation where my infra are destr... oh wait

25062606b88a0ca2f5f19a978c0458534227b520

Literally rekt

obviously its their policy because of your blah blah3...why would they choose to make more cities if it would cause them to get rolled? no matter how i see it it, their policy is very effective...look at the nations being rekt between TKR and NPO or tS and NPO there's not much to explain as to its effectiveness. Just you wait in the next war, they'll be adding another couple of cities and you'll get used to it being rekt again.  :P

Effective ? I think you mean the other thing.

Untitled.png

I know this. Everybody abuses game mechanics, obviously, and Alex seems to more or less let it slide as we saw with, say, TI. Faults in the design are blamed on the developer, not the players, that's a basic principle.

My message was trying to convey, "That (the fact that the war is annoyingly dragged out in this way because of game mechanics) being put aside, NPO's mostly-silent 100 member communist Roquentin cult disturbs me."

Disturbs you why? 

You will see the great wisdom in L Roq Hubbard's teachings. 

I'm fairly sure that he uses electricity, which causes one form of pollution or another, which kills trees. So, no, you won't find wisdom in his teachings. Trust me, I'm a wise tree.  B)

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Disturbs you why? 

I just think that the conformity and the self-castration of any given member being placed on 100% tax is a suffocating concept. Going to ask for permission to wipe your own ass next?

Eugh.

Just ignore me, I enjoy having the ability to perform better than my peers.

You could also just not praise Roquentin every other second. Guy seems mediocre at best.

Edited by Senry
  • Upvote 1

I just think that the conformity and the self-castration of any given member being placed on 100% tax is a suffocating concept. Going to ask for permission to wipe your own ass next?

Eugh.

Just ignore me, I enjoy having the ability to perform better than my peers.

You could also just not praise Roquentin every other second. Guy seems mediocre at best.

I'll gladly take those quips as an uneducated guess on how we work. I doubt you have any clue how we function heh. But I can send you a free copy of T-Aranetics through the Malaz airforce to help educate you on the wonders of the Church and Roquentin. Once you enter the grinder, you'll be singing praises of L Roq Hubbard too! 

I'm always at least 1 vs 3 overwhelmed by their planes, how can I survive in this unmanageable situation where my infra are destr... oh wait

25062606b88a0ca2f5f19a978c0458534227b520

Literally rekt

Very rekt . . .

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=204701

Oh. Right.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Good fight, though maybe you should have fortified or targeted ships earlier. One ground attack would have been enough, that extra one may have missed you an airstrike. Edited by Anneal

Z98SzIG.png

I'll gladly take those quips as an uneducated guess on how we work. I doubt you have any clue how we function heh. But I can send you a free copy of T-Aranetics through the Malaz airforce to help educate you on the wonders of the Church and Roquentin. Once you enter the grinder, you'll be singing praises of L Roq Hubbard too! 

I'll be waiting for your message in my inbox.

• Upvote 1

I can recognize good players when I see them

25065976e00dd78f5afe1c88d862363939d2441e

But you did almost 1/3 of the total damage I recived (excluding nukes and missiles) in 39 wars, so I'm still right, you (NPO, BK, and friends) are not effective as you think

FOR LEGS!

• Upvote 1