+/- 15% Average Market Prices... Ugh

Dubayoo

...so I have that objective that makes you build 25 tanks.  I need to build a factory, so I go to the market to buy 5 aluminum.

I sort the aluminum purchases by descending order, and see the top purchase is $1,400 per unit, so I go to post an order for $1,401...

...and I get this message:

"Because you are a new nation, you cannot buy resources at prices outside of +15%/-15% the average market price for the resource. This is to prevent new nations from being created to immediately trade away all of their money. Using alliance banks, or other trade manipulation to avoid this restriction may result in your nation being removed or banned from Politics & War."

Why...

Not only does this make my life difficult despite being an inquisitive player that wants to see how the game works to get the most out of it, but it doesn't even make sense.  If I wanted to trade away all my money to another account, why would I buy resources below the average market price? If anything, I would buy resources above the average market price. 

...and now, I can't post aluminum purchases to build military buildings with because the marginal price of $1402 is too far below the average price.

Seriously, why can't you guys just change the restriction to focus on marginal instead of average prices?

I don't know how the average price is even calculated, but it's not helpful. I see so many stupid offers put up on the market because someone just plugged the "average" price into the offer window.

The whole market interface could use an overhaul.

When you're warring as a "new nation" but can't post ammo purchases because it's below the average market value...

When you're warring as a "new nation" but can't post ammo purchases because it's below the average market value...

i just sent your nation food, aluminum, and munitions to make up for the frustration.

Can you accept personal trade offers below average price? (ie - free)

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...