Exploit - Alliance Bank Shuffling

Spooner

This forum's headline reads: "Reporting of bugs and exploits within the game."

Let's talk about moving alliance banks to prevent beige-looting. Everyone does this. MENSA does it. Zodiac does it. Our sphere, their sphere.

There's currently a mechanic to loot alliance banks when you win a war. Moving your alliance bank during a war to sidestep this mechanic is by definition an exploit.

Sheepy - Either remove the alliance-looting mechanic, or make bank dodging against the rules. As it stands, it's a nuisance (and pretty dumb) to just offshore your alliance bank during a war, then move it back during peace. It defeats the purpose entirely.

Also, this is not because my side's winning the war. By the time this is patched, the war will be over anyways so it doesn't matter.

Edited by Spooner
  • Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

There was a previous discussion, started by Alex, on this very issue @ https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18130-reducing-alliance-bank-gimmicks/

One suggestion was replacing the current looting mechanisms with the mechanic where you steal a % of a nation's income (I assume money and resources).

One of the other suggestions there was tying the amount of money a nation could transfer in and out via improvements and projects. So if they can only transfer $10 mill per day per Bank improvement, that's not going to help them much.

I also made a suggestion there about actually making the alliance bank a perk they have to invest in and grow.

Personally I like all 3 of the above suggestions and think they'd add to the game.

On an aside, It's interesting searching bank records, for certain key words or $ amounts. Found an instance where the nation was defeated in battle and seems to be currently holding (at least part of) the alliance bank while they're on Beige. Also thought it was interesting that there has been 26 transfers over $1 billion since 1/Apr and none in excess of $3 billion. If I had that kind of money, I wouldn't want it lost due to looting either!

Edited by Shakyr
  • Upvote 1

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

If the goal of the loot mechanic is to incentivize war and reward victors, then any mechanic that replaces it should achieve the same goal.

What if each city in the game had its own treasure that gives the holding nation a +0.1% income bonus? Then let us fight over them. When a city loses it's treasure a 60day timer starts. After 60 days the treasure is returned to it's home city.

So instead of fighting over each other's savings we're fighting over future earnings.

Don't call them "treasures" tho, obviously. Maybe "City Asset" or something.

• Upvote 2

Any adjustments should primarily be an incentive to war, and not a disincentive to hide your money. The more that nations can benefit from war without risking catastrophic losses, the more war activity (and the more activity, period) there will be in this game. 

• Upvote 1

Eh... TFP, ever since bank looting became a thing, actually stopped using the alliance bank for a lot of things, though that might change in the future. Instead,we'd evac our resources over to another TFP member who was beiged or not being attacked, which mostly meant Blu. Unfortunately, with the addition of the current war system and the rising prevalence of ships, that tactic isn't as effective as it once was, since people are immediately getting blockaded and as such, we can't get resources out.

If the goal of the loot mechanic is to incentivize war and reward victors, then any mechanic that replaces it should achieve the same goal.

What if each city in the game had its own treasure that gives the holding nation a +0.1% income bonus? Then let us fight over them. When a city loses it's treasure a 60day timer starts. After 60 days the treasure is returned to it's home city.

So instead of fighting over each other's savings we're fighting over future earnings.

Don't call them "treasures" tho, obviously. Maybe "City Asset" or something.

I quite like this idea, much better than the steal % of a nation's gross income. Want to branch it out into it's own topic, for discussion on numbers and such? That way we don't derail this topic :)

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG