War Awards Nominations

Pubstomper

I'm not turning away the assistance.  I already told Partisan to let you guys know we appreciate it.

But no, we haven't faced these numerical odds before as an alliance - I believe the Alpha/Fark blitz was only 2 to 1 odds (And they very nearly had us) at the time, and that was the biggest hit we ever took.  Whereas the SK/Zodiac blitz was a 4-to-1 odds.  3-to-1 once SK got knocked out by TKR.

And they messed up on a couple of us (Spamming Ground Attacks isn't the best thing to do sometimes).

Not everybody logged into PnW, but we had people in Discord waiting.  The server !@#$up screwed a lot of it up.

Not to discount the continued fighting prowess of Mensa or our own blitz (3/4 of wars launched certainly puts us a good contender for failed to meet expectations), but the odds weren't quite 4:1 in terms of who could actually fight. Not that it necessarily matters given anything above 3:1 is somewhat academic due to limited defensive slots. But we only had I think 25 people above the 2k threshold, let alone being high 2k or at 3k+, to the point where only 15 of us were scheduled into the blitz alongside Zodiac. It still allowed 2 offensive hits per Mensa nation, I'm not trying to undersell anybodies performance. But unfortunately (for us anyway :P ) we really just don't have the upper tier, or even upper mid tier, presence we used to have, and I think we're being a bit overrated in that regard.

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

Mikey, we should merge Guardian, SK, and Mensa altogether.  We went to hell and back together, we can merge to become the ultimate lulzy Voltron of Orbis.

Of course we have to stomp VE on our way of forming up.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mikey, we should merge Guardian, SK, and Mensa altogether.  We went to hell and back together, we can merge to become the ultimate lulzy Voltron of Orbis.

Some say Cody is still shitposting and ranting against them to this very day...

• Upvote 3

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

Some say Cody is still shitposting and ranting against them to this very day...

Seems like too much effort 

Madam you wound me. I've never trolled in my life.

You see, the fundamental problem with your argument, is that you shouldn't care about Rose at all. Now, joining a war in a global conflict on both sides is unconventional, it's one of the reasons non-chaining clauses exist, but if you wanted to interpret your treaties like that an support both of your treaty partners directly, that's fine. I might have even given you props. But when you declared on Rose, with a CB that basically read "salt", you weakened your ability to help your allies. Your blitz, even though it was 2 wars from 2 guys, would have been better spent elsewhere. Now you're in thick of it in an front you didn't need to go to and next to useless to the people who relied on and called for your helped.

We can care about Rose if we want to.  It's our declaration of war.  What HBE should and should not care about is our business. You want a say in what we do, come join us.  If not, then please stop with the lecture. 

As far as the entire "salt" discussion goes,  that's fine.  You can call me "salty."  In fact, I would rather be salty now and get it out of my system than spend too much time holding a grudge and working to position our alliance into a politically advantageous position and pretend like we have no issues with Rose until that time that we can effectively "do something about it."  Too much trouble .I would rather just do the DoW as soon as the opportunity presents itself, get the "salt" out of our system and call it a war  If the number of people who got assigned to Rose is too little for you,  oh well.  It doesn't change my point that we had other priorities.  .

Alliance Categories:

Best Fighters: Lordaeron

Worst Fighters:

Most Surprising Entry:

Best PR:

Worst PR:

Playmaker (In other words, who had the largest impact): BK/Zodiac/CS. They were willing to shift the game's politics after the more even OO/tS+Mensa split was rejected, embraced a pariah state in NPO, despite it meaning they would be fighting potent alliances on Syndisphere side at a time when more and more alliances were joining it. Took  a huge risk and are taking the hits in stride. 

Most Improved: Pantheon

Failed to Meet Expectations:

Best DoW: CKD

Best Blitz: Zodiac

Worst Blitz:

Player Categories:

Most Salty: me

Oh you think so, do you?  Good luck with that.  I'm coming for you :P  (see below)

Madam you wound me. I've never trolled in my life.

You see, the fundamental problem with your argument, is that you shouldn't care about Rose at all. Now, joining a war in a global conflict on both sides is unconventional, it's one of the reasons non-chaining clauses exist, but if you wanted to interpret your treaties like that an support both of your treaty partners directly, that's fine. I might have even given you props. But when you declared on Rose, with a CB that basically read "salt", you weakened your ability to help your allies. Your blitz, even though it was 2 wars from 2 guys, would have been better spent elsewhere. Now you're in thick of it in an front you didn't need to go to and next to useless to the people who relied on and called for your helped.

>chooses to declare on 3 alliances rather than 2

>focuses energy on 2/3 of the alliances

>thinks negative PR should be negated because incompetent choices led to poor outcomes

Conclusion: Making decisions based on salt rather than strategy is dumb.

We can care about Rose if we want to.  It's our declaration of war.  What HBE should and should not care about is our business. You want a say in what we do, come join us.  If not, then please stop with the lecture. 

As far as the entire "salt" discussion goes,  that's fine.  You can call me "salty."  In fact, I would rather be salty now and get it out of my system than spend too much time holding a grudge and working to position our alliance into a politically advantageous position and pretend like we have no issues with Rose until that time that we can effectively "do something about it."  Too much trouble .I would rather just do the DoW as soon as the opportunity presents itself, get the "salt" out of our system and call it a war  If the number of people who got assigned to Rose is too little for you,  oh well.  It doesn't change my point that we had other priorities.  .

... You literally ignored the thrust of my argument to focus on a word. You are less capable of fulfilling your duties to your allies because you declared on Rose. Full stop. That is a fact. I don't give a toss if you hold a grudge or not. Everything about the relevance of your CB and doing it now rather than later is pointless compared to the fact that when your allies called on you, you allocated resources (however little), to pursuing us. They needed you, and you chose to go after us instead. Poor showing HBE

• Upvote 2

Everything about the relevance of your CB and doing it now rather than later is pointless compared to the fact that when your allies called on you, you allocated resources (however little), to pursuing us. They needed you, and you chose to go after us instead.

Here is a comment worth your weight in salt (or credits, if you prefer, i do mean this as a compliment.)  Well done. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alliance Categories:

Best Fighters: The Syndicate for the average high quality

Worst Fighters: UPN tied with Cornerstone

Most Surprising Entry: TFP

Best PR: TKR

Worst PR: BK

Playmaker (In other words, who had the largest impact): TKR

Most Improved: Rose

Failed to Meet Expectations: SK and VE

Best DoW: Charming Friends

Best Blitz: TKR on SK

Worst Blitz: SK on Mensa

Player Categories:

Best Fighter: Memph (I'm the best :ph34r:)

Most Friendly: Buorhann (I'm the best  :ph34r:)

Most Salty: Jacob Moore

Best Rookie (for those who popped their war cherry): Nexa (I'm the best  :ph34r:)

Best Troll: Kastor

Best eLawyer: Roq

Community Categories:

Best Post: Everything made by me  :ph34r:

Funniest Post: Everything made by me  :ph34r:

Saltiest Post: Everything made by that guy Argosomething if counts, if not everything made by Milton

Best Propaganda: Voting myself for Roqheart https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19939-roqheart/ :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Worst Fighters: Pantheon/WTF.

giphy.gif

I'm a bit late to this one, but I saw the War Awards voting thing and just needed to know who nominated WTF for worst fighters....and it was someone in an alliance we weren't even fighting lol.

• Upvote 2

giphy.gif

I'm a bit late to this one, but I saw the War Awards voting thing and just needed to know who nominated WTF for worst fighters....and it was someone in an alliance we weren't even fighting lol.

Kitteh is a bit of a troll, don't feed the troll :v