Resources: A dying game dynamic.

James II

Underrated post. Clean up the treaty web and there will be more wars, thus more resources lost. Stop blaming Russian hackers Sheepy for stuff. 

This was a problem long before we hit the no war for 7 months mark.

Also if you're gonna complain about a lack of war, try actually fighting in a war.

Odagen is qualified to make that grievance.

Infrastructure Destroyed: 30,549.74
Infrastructure Lost: 20,859.00

You are not.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Then be more specific about what you're talking about. Making generalistic comments is how you get misunderstood ;)

was an old post from a year ago that only some people can view 3lazy5copypasta

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Also if you're gonna complain about a lack of war, try actually fighting in a war.

What the !@#$ did you just !@#$ing say about me, you little pixel hugger? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in TEst, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on neutrals, and I have over 300 confirmed plane kills. I am trained in forum warfare and I’m the top shitposter in the entire KT alliance. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the !@#$ out with shitposting the likes of which has never been seen before on this Orbis, mark my !@#$ing pixels. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over PMs? Think again, !@#$er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of TEst spies across Orbis and your nation ID is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your nation. You’re !@#$ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can bomb you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare planes. Not only am I extensively trained in aerial combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the KT Navy and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Orbis, you little shit. If only you could have known what Holy retribution your little “clever†comments was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your !@#$ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re !@#$ing dead, kiddo.

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

What the !@#$ did you just !@#$ say about me, you little pixel hugger? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in TEst, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on neutrals, and I have over 300 confirmed plane kills. I am trained in forum warfare and I’m the top shitposter in the entire KT alliance. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the !@#$ out with shitposting the likes of which has never been seen before on this Orbis, mark my !@#$ pixels. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over PMs? Think again, !@#$er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of TEst spies across Orbis and your nation ID is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your nation. You’re !@#$ dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can bomb you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare planes. Not only am I extensively trained in aerial combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the KT Navy and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Orbis, you little shit. If only you could have known what Holy retribution your little “clever†comments was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your !@#$ tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re !@#$ dead, kiddo.

That's funny and a good go to, but you still suck and you should feel bad.

What the !@#$ did you just !@#$ say about me, you little pixel hugger? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in TEst, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on neutrals, and I have over 300 confirmed plane kills. I am trained in forum warfare and I’m the top shitposter in the entire KT alliance. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the !@#$ out with shitposting the likes of which has never been seen before on this Orbis, mark my !@#$ pixels. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over PMs? Think again, !@#$er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of TEst spies across Orbis and your nation ID is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your nation. You’re !@#$ dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can bomb you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare planes. Not only am I extensively trained in aerial combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the KT Navy and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Orbis, you little shit. If only you could have known what Holy retribution your little “clever†comments was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your !@#$ tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re !@#$ dead, kiddo.

I find this insulting, my members of my family have served, and I have multiple friends serving now. No military person acts this way, even on the internet. Military people have discipline, also, Navy Seals do not threaten to kill over the internet, if they do kill, they do it without a trace, and they just do it. Navy Seals do not access the arsenal to the USMC, the utilize the arsenal and budget of J SOC, And Navy Seals do not have access to spy ring around the US, they are soldiers that engage the enemy, spies operate under differently and do not tell others who they are. 

​I never served, and my disability prevents me from serving. But I will do my best to honor my friends and family who bravely served. I am starting a poll to Ban his Forum Account, (Not His game account), for this insult. I do not wish to have my loved ones insulted by an impostor. He has impersonated a United States Navy Seal in an Online Fashion. Some of you may think that I am going too far with this, that he is just a stupid impersonator. But one of my dear friends was blown up last year in Kandahar, and these type posts truly insult me. Say what you will.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Infrastructure Destroyed: 30,549.74

Infrastructure Lost: 20,859.00

Am I qualified?

Infrastructure Destroyed: 98,444.21

Infrastructure Lost: 6,917.00

No nukes.  Yet.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

I've been in many wars since Alpha/Beta before the infra counter was added. 

Why are you TEst guys so salty towards Alpha?

It doesn't matter what you did before. In the same time period you've fought little to none, except for your history book rolling.

Why are you TEst guys so salty towards Alpha?

Alpha as in the game version Alpha, not the alliance. Why else would I put "/Beta" next to it? Maybe it's because you weren't here, Mr. Id=16302? The game existed well before you joined, you know. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE

Here's a fix that a lot of people won't like- increase resource cost by city count. A tank at 5 cities should be 5 steel. A tank at 20 cities should be 15 steel. This is because tanks as time goes on get more advanced. You could even have them costing uranium and aluminum as well based on city count. City 15 adds aluminum, city 25 adds uranium. Ships should do something similar.

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

Here's a fix that a lot of people won't like- increase resource cost by city count. A tank at 5 cities should be 5 steel. A tank at 20 cities should be 15 steel. This is because tanks as time goes on get more advanced. You could even have them costing uranium and aluminum as well based on city count. City 15 adds aluminum, city 25 adds uranium. Ships should do something similar.

Hell let's just put tech in the game while we're at it! :P

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

Resource sink with a limited time frame for example make it possible for individual players to get a cash revenue boost (10% or whatever % boost to cash generating capabilities) by sinking 100k of each refined resource and food into a wonder, treasure or whatever fancy name you want to call it,same with alliance wide economic bonus only the resource amounts being higher 500k of each or even 1mil each. So a off market variation of changing resources to cash  in quite large amounts. :)

It would make resources worth something and hover up the extra resources and influence market prices too, it could also stimulate some alliances to war/raid/investigate hoarding nations so It would add to the chaos of Orbis :D

I apologize if this has already been brought up......but you know......too lazy to read through all this.  What about having the "Upkeep/maintenance" of stuff like City improvements, Military, etc cost resources as well as cash.  Gas (or a higher Electric usage from the power plants) for Subways.  A military still has to train....make their resource usage say 1/4 of wartime usage (just threw a number out there).  All Projects should also require resource upkeep costs as well.

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

I apologize if this has already been brought up......but you know......too lazy to read through all this.  What about having the "Upkeep/maintenance" of stuff like City improvements, Military, etc cost resources as well as cash.  Gas (or a higher Electric usage from the power plants) for Subways.  A military still has to train....make their resource usage say 1/4 of wartime usage (just threw a number out there).  All Projects should also require resource upkeep costs as well.

I like this idea. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpBpzuDRt0A

I have another idea as to how to increase resource strain: Remove the caps on the number of each military building per city, and allow military buildings that increase the number of missiles/nukes you can build per day.  That way, there won't be as much of a limit on how many resources can go into war per day, causing more demand (and less supply, as economic buildings are replaced with military ones).

The way to encourage more war is to have war mean something.

Resources should be scattered across the map.  Winning wars earns you bonuses.  Losing wars means you lose that bonus.  Like a treasure, but more meaningful.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

I would stick to something simple and easy to start with:  A modest proposal of setting a % of decay on resources held each turn.   That would be easy to adjust by Alex as well.  

EDIT: and if you want to discourage hoarding then up the % of decay for nations according to the amount of stuff they have. 

Edited by AkAk

Way back when in the early days of Orbis. Resources were scarce and expensive. They were finite and in some instances hard to obtain.

Now, Orbis has been thrown into the realm of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) where resources seem to be endless, prices are low even in a time of war, and alliances have used very little of their capital.

The scarcity of resources made for a unique game experience compared to other nation sims like NS and (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). It added a dynamic that required resource management that whole departments in alliances were dedicated too. It complicated war adding yet another dynamic. With the flooded markets the game is losing much of it's zing. The 7 months with no war didn't help either.

I'd like to see either cost of units, projects, and improvements go up and the amount of output from resource improvements go down, or sheepy destroy a shit ton of resources from the game throwing us back in to the scarce resource age.

All you lazy kids who want an easy game can get out. I don't care about your opinion.

And when was this early days of Orbis that I miss? I’ve been around since PW Alpha when you could sell Steel for $16,000. It seems to me that prices have been stable for at least the last year. Sure, the days of $3,000 steel may be over: but then again, I recall that I often sold Steel for $1,600 during Beta and it wasn’t out of the norm. Late last year the price of food was in the 80s; now it’s in the 90s. Munitions vacillated from ~750 to ~1000 for well over a year.

I can see the point when discussing the fall of uranium prices, but one resource’s drop in price does not make a crisis.

I guess my point is that it seems the prices have been stable for at least the last year. I’m not seeing how we’re at a crisis point or why Alex has to change anything, to be quite honest. And I say this as someone who has depended mightily on selling in the market since the earliest days of PW. 

http://i.imgur.com/K3xCRAP.png

And when was this early days of Orbis that I miss? I’ve been around since PW Alpha when you could sell Steel for $16,000. It seems to me that prices have been stable for at least the last year. Sure, the days of $3,000 steel may be over: but then again, I recall that I often sold Steel for $1,600 during Beta and it wasn’t out of the norm. Late last year the price of food was in the 80s; now it’s in the 90s. Munitions vacillated from ~750 to ~1000 for well over a year.

I can see the point when discussing the fall of uranium prices, but one resource’s drop in price does not make a crisis.

I guess my point is that it seems the prices have been stable for at least the last year. I’m not seeing how we’re at a crisis point or why Alex has to change anything, to be quite honest. And I say this as someone who has depended mightily on selling in the market since the earliest days of PW. 

I checked the EoS forums from 2014. I'm surprised it's still up, tbh. The cost of oil was a solid $550. The lowest in the past 30 days was about $640 with the highest being about $1,260. I'm really surprised this is true.