4/19/2017 - Resolving Server Issues

Alex

• Administrators

Hey all,

As many of you have already noticed, we missed a few turns (the last 4, specifically.) I looked into the issue as soon as I got online this morning and was able to resolve it.

This issue affected everyone - no one received MAPs or turn revenue for the last 4 turns. Additionally, war length was not shortened during these turns either. I will not be compensating for the missed turns or income because it affected everyone in this way, and it is fairer to just let things continue as normal, with everyone on relatively even footing.

This issue was caused when ss23 was upgrading the server earlier today, and he forgot to update a value relating to the database, causing an error in the turn scripts. While this is an annoyance to you all as players, and frustrating, we have upgraded the servers considerably and you should see reduced page load times and these issues should not persist into the future.

I apologize for the inconveniences caused.

On an unrelated note, with the upgrade to the servers I will likely be tinkering with Credits prices and things for the next month. I'm looking to get some player feedback to aid in the process, so if you fill out this form, you'll be entered in a drawing to win 1 Credit (20 will be given away total, so reasonably good odds.)

https://goo.gl/forms/JgbPFmqGxEW2XeA32

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This issue affected everyone - no one received MAPs or turn revenue for the last 4 turns. Additionally, war length was not shortened during these turns either. I will not be compensating for the missed turns or income because it affected everyone in this way, and it is fairer to just let things continue as normal, with everyone on relatively even footing.

I disagree on this part. It would be fair if everyone gets their MAPs. For exaple some people will now have to  fight others ofter update and therefore fight more troops then they would have if there is no bug. Definetly not affected everyone same.

• Upvote 2

Alex. Learn to make a survey that works. What you have given to us doesn't assess how players feel about the credit value or cost in anyway other than "which of the following is the least bad out of all of these terrible options".

I know it's just a freaking survey and I shouldn't get too tilt over it, but this is what you use heavily to assess what to do with the current credit outcome, and I don't want to see you botch the credit system again because of a terrible survey design.

Include comments next time.

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

Not compensating will result in people missing turns due to sleep timing and the update timings to be different, which could result in the tide of war turning. Plz compensate <3

• Upvote 1

ykcUZTo.jpg

Order fresh quality ads, flags, and graphics at Makin'Bacon!

Not compensating will result in people missing turns due to sleep timing and the update timings to be different, which could result in the tide of war turning. Plz compensate <3

The satanic swine foo foo creature is correct.

"Realism is irrelevant unless it's the real world" - Lail Das

• Administrators

Alex. Learn to make a survey that works. What you have given to us doesn't assess how players feel about the credit value or cost in anyway other than "which of the following is the least bad out of all of these terrible options".

I know it's just a freaking survey and I shouldn't get too tilt over it, but this is what you use heavily to assess what to do with the current credit outcome, and I don't want to see you botch the credit system again because of a terrible survey design.

Include comments next time.

I don't want comments - I get comments all the time.

I want data on how much demand we would have for Credits at varying price levels.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

From a PR perspective, you should have waited a week for this survey.

>Hey, sorry shit broke again

>btw, considering tinkering with credit prices

• Upvote 4

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

This is literally the only reason that tI is losing not winning as much as they should be right now. 

I guess we all know whose side Sheepy is on.  :v

tI wouldn't be winning anyways, no need to try and blame Sheepy :P

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

This is literally the only reason that tI is losing not winning as much as they should be right now. 

I guess we all know whose side Sheepy is on.  :v

You people need to make up your mind with this blame game thing.

si7ZWHm50U3T2.gif

Everyone's fault but your own, clearly. :ph34r:

xzhPlEh.png?1

• Administrators

Winners of the Credit Survey, chosen at random from the ~700 people that did the survey

13195 Talostastic

63658 Catsby

8946 Zhen

41449 Kayser

53 Belisarius

20124 Brandon Donsberger

11994 Yui

58179 Azkar

47106 Rick Astley

24900 DtC Justice

48785 Nyagato

31300 Ridcully

36207 Kadin

4884 Aisha Greyjoy

57780 RomulusTheFirst

35035 Boki

28178 Catherine De Medici

64630 Cameron

17362 Lelouch Vi Britannia

47239 Dreadnought

The winners will receive a PM from me and their Credits shortly.

• Upvote 3

Forums Rules | Game Link

Winners of the Credit Survey, chosen at random from the ~700 people that did the survey

13195 Talostastic

63658 Catsby

8946 Zhen

41449 Kayser

53 Belisarius

20124 Brandon Donsberger

11994 Yui

58179 Azkar

47106 Rick Astley

24900 DtC Justice

48785 Nyagato

31300 Ridcully

36207 Kadin

4884 Aisha Greyjoy

57780 RomulusTheFirst

35035 Boki

28178 Catherine De Medici

64630 Cameron

17362 Lelouch Vi Britannia

47239 Dreadnought

The winners will receive a PM from me and their Credits shortly.

Ayyy today's my lucky day! :D

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

• Jax locked this topic