An end to dank memes in Dio's endless sands

Avruch

Link me pls

Yep, that was the conversation I was alluding to. You mentioned it once 4 months ago and I never heard anything from you about it again (and you never mentioned your subsequent conversation with Bezzers to me as I recall). Given that you never brought it up again it didn't strike me as something you were particularly invested in, especially in light of your later reactions to the FA moves made by your erstwhile allies in the other logs you've been kind enough to provide. So yeah, doesn't really contradict my point that you guys didn't seriously push for any sort of substantive change.

If you asked us a few months ago, no BK members who ever thought that we should sign NPO. However, signing NPO can indeed be seen as drastically changing the status quo; two bitter enemies allying months later. If you look at it, the chances of any other alliances on Syndisphere who would agree to allying NPO is pretty low. The inclusion of Zodiac is pretty much a foregone conclusion since they seems to be amicable to us from the very start of the proposal of Syndisphere splitting. I'd argue that the creation of the bloc was due to friendships/ideaology, a result of like-minded leaders coming together wanting to do something "different". This is talking solely about FA relations between leaders of alliances rather than strength of individual alliances.

On the military side, it does indeed makes sense to sign NPO. They are reasonably good at wars compared to other alliances, Zodiac after the merger is also in a pretty good spot as a ally militarily Unfortunately, it did meant the consolidation of the mid tier. It does fit into BK's strength of dominating mid tier and up-declaring however, even though your upper tier is probably too large for our mid tier to defeat in a war.

It is easy for us to look at the Syndisphere situation and decide which alliance should be in split up into the different spheres equally to make things more even, however, the human element will always come into play to distort things. The current result were choices the leaders and FA of different alliances decided. I may not like it but at the end of the day, it is just a game, we get to war with challenges despite the advantages each side have. I will just roll along with it.

TKR: brought up vague idea that constituted a handful of lines in a lengthy conversation, but never expanded on or refined the idea in any way (that's the first time I've seen that handy spreadsheet for example)

BK: makes a joke about Pacifica

TKR: ends the conversation immediately and never mentions the idea again to BK, tries to talk to BoC (but doesn't mention it to BK), doesn't bring it up in any of the joint servers that we inhabit for serious discussion, try to convince anyone that it is a serious idea or make any sort of argument in its favor (while at the same time trying to block​ other FA moves by its allies) and then trots it out 4 months later as evidence that, despite all actions to the contrary, TKR was serious about pushing for change.

BK: doubts that TKR was serious about pushing for change since its actions don't appear to match its words.

I mean, I do understand that IC had been busy with school (which is completely fine), but if TKR was so open to embracing this idea (as you claim), surely someone could have found the time to actually have a serious discussion about it over the course of the 2 or 3 month period in which absolutely nothing was happening? We seem to have plenty of time to post in this thread, so maybe you could have cleared an afternoon or something over that 60+ day span of time? I have a pretty flexible schedule.

Can confirm

Get rekt Yoso

He's safe and happy at the farm and he has plenty of other dogs to play with, honest.

Truthful Snek?

We didn't tell Partisan anything, because there wasn't anything to tell him. Since I wanted to make sure we were accurate on this, I went back and checked the logs and the only time that IC made any mention of potentially breaking up Syndi-OO was on January 4th, when I straight up asked him what he thought we should do going forward in the wake of the Paperless war. And, no, this wasn't a 'proposal' we rejected, it was a 'well if we were going to do something, I guess this would be okay' musing, which was quickly followed by 'but we'd just be doing it for the sake of doing it, so we're not too enthusiastic about it,' a sentiment which you yourself echoed in a conversation we had shortly afterwards. Unless you made some formal proposal I'm unaware of, this was the only time TKR mentioned anything to that effect in the 60 or more days before we finally decided to go ahead and dissolve OO. By that point it had become obvious that you had no real intention of seeing any substantive changes in Orbesian politics take place, especially considering your reaction to BoC's proposed treaty to WU and CS's prospective bloc with Lord. Given that TKR appeared to feel it should have a de facto veto over the FA of its allies (a point you and I disagreed on in a private conversation regarding BoC's WU treaty) and the fact that you repeatedly opposed the creation of cross sphere ties (WU, Lord, NPO), you can't turn around now and claim that TKR was eager to embrace change. And that's fine - like I said in an earlier post, you guys worked hard for your top spot and desparately wanted to hang on to it, which was a choice you had a right to make. But trying to turn around and claim that TKR was openly advocating the break up of the Syndisphere or seeking to revitalize the stagnant FA environment is a bit much - mentioning something once in a half hearted manner and then never following up on it again, while at the same time opposing your allies efforts to shake up FA, doesn't make TKR the champions of dynamic change.

I know I should call more, but things have just been busy lately. I swear you're still my favorite snek.

Well that doesn't seem to to be in accordance with the conversation (and the logs) I recently reread, but I can't speak to what IC may or may not have said to Bezzers. And I'm not painting you as complacent and uncompromising - I'm simply using the evidence provided by your past actions to demonstrate that TKR repeatedly opposed​ substantive change. I'm sorry if that doesn't match with your current argument that you represent a progressive and evolutionary force in Orbesian politics, but if you were sincerely interested in seeing some sort of dramatic shift in FA you certainly had an odd way of going about it. Generally dramatically altering the status quo involves doing more than having one vague conversation (that I'm aware of) and then never mentioning anything again until you're publicly called out for it 4 months later. But hey, you guys had an idea that you perhaps would have eventually given serious consideration to maybe actually pursuing, so I suppose that's a start.

Alright guys...calm down. BK apologizes profusely for doing anything, and we now see it would have been much better to sit around doing nothing.

In an attempt to correct what we have done, I would like to be the first to suggest an Orbis-wide NAP to be signed after this war wraps up. We can of course exclude an alliance or two so that we have someone to roll every once in a while, but it should still be sufficient to make the game stagnant.

these are not even 50% of posts related to this issue in https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19099-bk-recognition-of-hostilities/this thread 

just read this thread once and then come back here again :) 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Link me pls

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19099-bk-recognition-of-hostilities/?p=319962

You can literally read the thread and find the responses there.  I can't be bothered to cherry pick the replies for someone who refuses to do it themselves without explaining their initial stance.

• Downvote 1

these are not even 50% of posts related to this issue in https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19099-bk-recognition-of-hostilities/this thread 

just read this thread once and then come back here again :)

as the kids say

#clapped

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

Link me pls

Weren't you head of FA for BoC? Aren't you second in command of a top 50 alliance now? How are you this out of touch and clueless?

• Upvote 3

Weren't you head of FA for BoC? Aren't you second in command of a top 50 alliance now? How are you this out of touch and clueless?

I just came back a bit more than two weeks ago and I probably know better what's going on than he does. 

Z98SzIG.png

Meh.

I had hoped you guys could've worked out your differences.

I'm sure we can in the future.  It's not like we feel entirely bitter about the experience, it's just how things worked out.  They didn't reach that level of hate we have for Gandalf or Ashland. :P  (Although to be fair, Ashland did give us a proper lesson indirectly on adapting to changes with that whole spy debacle in the past)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sure I suppose Mensa technically left BK in that they were the one to cancel the treaty, but lets face it all of these Inq-Syndi treaties were dead in the water as soon as the war was launched. It can only be a matter of time before the others end up getting scrapped too.

• Upvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

Not a smart move to betray the trust of such a loyal ally that Mensa has been. I'm sure you feel much better with your current allies.

QFT

If you're fortunate enough to get a treaty with Mensa it's the last thing you should ever give up.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Not a smart move to betray the trust of such a loyal ally that Mensa has been.  I'm sure you feel much better with your current allies.

To be real, other than putting the supremacy clause ahead of our Intel clause, they didn't really betray our trust - technically speaking.

I mean, they made it pretty clear they were going a new direction with NPO with and after the signing.  We just simply had some communication issues that we felt this would simply end up as it is, and we figured since our treaty was almost useless at this point - might as well cut it to prevent any odd situations similar to their situation with UPN in the past.

This wasn't something we decided on very lightly.

• Downvote 1

To be real, other than putting the supremacy clause ahead of our Intel clause, they didn't really betray our trust - technically speaking.

I mean, they made it pretty clear they were going a new direction with NPO with and after the signing. We just simply had some communication issues that we felt this would simply end up as it is, and we figured since our treaty was almost useless at this point - might as well cut it to prevent any odd situations similar to their situation with UPN in the past.

This wasn't something we decided on very lightly.

"Curu's BK is #notmybk"

Lxr4VfE.png

QFT

If you're fortunate enough to get a treaty with Mensa it's the last thing you should ever give up.

bb, I would glow in nuclear radiation to save t$ for even a moment

• Upvote 2

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

I'm sure we can in the future.  It's not like we feel entirely bitter about the experience, it's just how things worked out.  They didn't reach that level of hate we have for Gandalf or Ashland. :P  (Although to be fair, Ashland did give us a proper lesson indirectly on adapting to changes with that whole spy debacle in the past)

Cheers on being one of the more civil members in this war on all sides

We need more people on the OWF who can dispute without spewing poison and launching OOC attacks

As for future relations between BK and Mensa, I can only speak for myself but I hope our alliance will keep that door open as well o/

• Upvote 3
Screen_Shot_2015-09-17_at_11.58.16_pm.thumb.png.b00a465ac4d36381a4e529773e5fdfd9.png

Weren't you head of FA for BoC?

So many regrets. It was for like a week.

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

Hi Pinchy. They convinced their bloc to attack us, failed to respond to their defense obligation, and otherwise had come to disregard us as allies. But you have your opinion.

We were coordinating with your sphere's defense of zodiac against higwarts.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-