Double buys are dumb, MAPs model is good.

Kyte

What if instead of being able to buy N percentage of your military, you could only buy N/12 per turn? A maximum of 1 day's worth of military buys could be stored, and after that your buy rate is reset and accrues every turn.

This would prevent double buys, reduce load on the game server, and nerf the double-buy advantage of US based players. 

• Upvote 3

I believe this proposal was already suggested and went as far to be implemented on the test server. I didn't like it, but I forgot why (it's been a while)

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

I personally didn't like the whole "Stack" experiment in the test server last year, I think its better to have a daily max for unit purchases, instead of by turn. I don't like change in the game system though so I'm biased. 

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

Thanks for the feedback everyone, didn't realize this had seen an iteration on the test server. 

Callum, if you're only on for 3 hours a day you could still buy a full day's worth (buy points stack up to 24 hours worth in this scenario). 

Terrible idea. It would reward the people who get on the game every 2 hours, and thus hurt the people who can't.

Didn't bother to read the comment above yours? The buys stack. 

Callum, if you're only on for 3 hours a day you could still buy a full day's worth (buy points stack up to 24 hours worth in this scenario). 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Didn't bother to read the comment above yours? The buys stack. 

I believe Yang is referring to the test server, where the optimal strategy was to log in every turn to collect your N/12th worth of units. Sure the buys stack over time, but in a game like PnW where a couple hundred units make the difference it was just better to be maxed at all times. Actually, when we implemented this system it made the problem worse because you would edge out any opponent who could only log in maybe 2-3 times a day, which is what currently is considered 'active'.

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

• 2 weeks later...

It would also mean that if someone is unable to get to the game for over 24 hours (such as is regularly the case for me), it's that much bigger of a penalty.

Change it to being able to save up to 36 hours' worth of buy capability or 24 hours plus the amount you're under capacity (whichever is less), and I'd support it.