Server strikes again

teeks

Should've switched your internet provider to cable. 

Yolo. 

Edit: If it's any compensation, t$'s bank must've already been sucked dry, because I didn't get much from it :v 

Edited by Britishdude
  • Upvote 1

Well done for all missing the point. This isn't an arcade shoot 'em up where internet connection is everything (mine's fine, thanks for asking). It's a turn based browser game and win/lose shouldn't be decided on whether a server is overloaded and which person it lets in first.

Britishdude and I had a good battle. His tactics were sound and he got me into a position where he was one attack away from victory. PM's suggest he's a decent chap too. There's no shame in losing to an opponent that's fighting one other nation whilst I had seven to contend with so drop the infantile git gud remarks.

Perhaps I could have fortified to avoid/postpone the server nonsense but why should I need to? I'd be interest to hear Sheepy's shrug.

I didn't say it was biased, nor do I believe it is.

2w69xu0.jpg

Turn changes, we're both frantically hitting refresh as the Politics & Snore logo appears

a24ps2.jpg

2mdpahi.jpg

So I'm looted, as is the AA bank, all because the server chose to let one person in quicker than the other.

Compensation?

Although I get what you're saying, that highlighted part can easily be taken as you saying that the server is biased.

Well done for all missing the point. This isn't an arcade shoot 'em up where internet connection is everything (mine's fine, thanks for asking). It's a turn based browser game and win/lose shouldn't be decided on whether a server is overloaded and which person it lets in first.

Britishdude and I had a good battle. His tactics were sound and he got me into a position where he was one attack away from victory. PM's suggest he's a decent chap too. There's no shame in losing to an opponent that's fighting one other nation whilst I had seven to contend with so drop the infantile git gud remarks.

Perhaps I could have fortified to avoid/postpone the server nonsense but why should I need to? I'd be interest to hear Sheepy's shrug.

As you probably already know, there's two main things you can do in a race to 0 resistance (To actually win);

- Be extremely active, spam F5, (Tip: Open the attack page, spam F5 there rather than the war page) and get them to 0 before you get to 0,

Or

- Fortify before you get to 0, and while they're in a semi-inactive stage, get them to 0.

When you're that close in a war, unless you're absolutely sure as to whether you'll get your opponent down to 0 before you get to 0, fortifying seems like the clear option.

Just my two cents, feel free to ignore.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." ~ Prefontaine

Pure Gold, ~KT chat:

I get what you're saying. I'm just bitter that luck has such a large part to play.

fwiw had victory come my way under the same circumstances it would not have been sweet and I would have felt sorry for my opponent who up until then had been a decent foe. Losing/winning due to bandwidth is pathetic.

• Upvote 1

I get what you're saying. I'm just bitter that luck has such a large part to play.

fwiw had victory come my way under the same circumstances it would not have been sweet and I would have felt sorry for my opponent who up until then had been a decent foe. Losing/winning due to bandwidth is pathetic.

For what it's worth, this is more the result of the way the war system is currently set up. The 30-45 second "Politics and Snore" screen at turn change has been a thing forever. So in a race to eliminate resistance situations like this will, unfortunately, be the byproduct. It's just an unintended consequence of the game mechanics. 

• Administrators

In the end, one of you was going to get it first, whether the server was involved or not. There's not really anything I can do about this.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link