Britannian Three for One Special

Sylvia

It's not bait if he doesn't hook me. Then it's a free snack. And I don't hate you. Honestly you just frustrate me. You were a poor ally and you're shaping up to be a worse antagonist.

Yes SK was a target, but the three of you (MP, Keegoz and yourself) would have had many more options if you had run better FA in the months leading up to it. Given everything that came to light about SK and some of their conduct post signing but pre silent war, dropping them was clearly the better option. When I was talking to syndioo leaders post war pre mensa treaty, I was able to confirm that paragone did in fact garner a lot of good will, and could have been the nucleus for a game changer if it wasn't immediately thrown into the faces of potential partners

My main problem with NPO is that you have no understanding or empathy of the political costs those around you pay. Due to the fact that your FA is crystallized (hate syndicate, loathe TKR, play the victim of the hegemoney) you're never going to incur the same FA burdens of those around you. You're never going to have to go out on a limb for anyone so you're never going to have to sacrifice for them.

And a loss is a loss, whether you attacked first or didn't.

Rip me. Well played. That's the most damage anyone has done to me this war.

If you would rather i post for steve i think the hook got into you.

TKR and TS hated us first; bot vise versa. NPO was actually open to BK/BoC, the main people we curbstomped last time, into allying with us when it lead to tkr cancelling on both.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

but it was quite clear that the side valued just having allies over whether they genuinely liked each other

That's false.  However, we do value people being communicative and inclusive.

When an alliance decides to do their own thing without letting their allies know, then issues start popping up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's false. However, we do value people being communicative and inclusive.

When an alliance decides to do their own thing without letting their allies know, then issues start popping up.

Like SK, BK, IQ, and Alpha to nane a few Edited by greatkitteh

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

If this is the narrative you're using to justify hating us, that's hilarious.

Who said anything about hating you rofl. 

Also who needs a narrative when you and new buddy BK attacked us with no CB.

If your gonna try and play the victim card, at least work on getting better at it.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

Their gov (apart from Mikey, he is bae) is less to be desired, and I had quite a number of frustrations with them in the first week. 

#Mikey4AbsoluteDictator. I can safely say no animals were harmed nor were relations made negative during my great rule. Its amazing the things you can accomplish by quitting the game immediately after being promoted.

I remember talking to someone-I think it was miked?-

Wasn't me, I didn't become gov until a few months after Silent. I did pretend to be one day and convince some newer nations to abandon all their improvements to focus on coal. This was not popular, though for the life of me I can't figure out why.

and telling him that sk was lucky it was thrax in charge, and not be. As I would have beat them to death with their own dicks.

Jokes on you, its too small! wait.....

:(

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

If your gonna try and play the victim card, at least work on getting better at it.

U were going to attack us with no cb so we attacked you with that cb.

Greatkitteh was here.-

Durmij has been pretty vocally anti-NPO for quite some time. I'm not talking about just this war. He gave his rationale in this very topic that he saw us as screwing Rose and having zero empathy for their Syndisphere relations despite his own lack of empathy and Keegoz cleared it up. There was just too much irony about him saying we'll never have to sacrifice for anyone else when many of us did so for being allied to Rose in the past. His war wrap-up thing was pretty adamantly anti-NPO adding in all sorts of conspiracy theories(NPO out to dominate/swap out BK and VE). You're tied to Mensa who have always been antagonistic towards us and their open desire tor roll us before Silent wasn't a "vague suspicion"(per durmij) on our part. Alkaline(Pub)'s recent posts in the other threads have been pretty openly along the same lines as Durmij's. That's your gov.

I'm not playing the victim card; the whole "no CB" moralizing despite the existence of one and being part of a sphere that has attacked isolated alliances with no CBs or non-isolated ones for signing treaties is rich and fits that way more. The only reason Rose was attacked was because we couldn't hit some of the other alliances initially and your entrenchment into the sphere. If you want another CB, your buddy Buorhann''s attempted blackmail to get logs of me would be a doozy too. But again, we didn't push this war, and if we didn't have the indication your side would hit first, it wouldn't have happened.

Edited by Roquentin

There's been a lot of talk about that (CS' claims that tS asked Spectrum to attack CS and what not) but we're still waiting for the evidence.

Obv tS needed moar meatshields!

Edited by Jacob Moore
  • Upvote 2
Lxr4VfE.png

Durmij has been pretty vocally anti-NPO for quite some time. I'm not talking about just this war. He gave his rationale in this very topic that he saw us as screwing Rose and having zero empathy for their Syndisphere relations despite his own lack of empathy and Keegoz cleared it up. There was just too much irony about him saying we'll never have to sacrifice for anyone else when many of us did so for being allied to Rose in the past. His war wrap-up thing was pretty adamantly anti-NPO adding in all sorts of conspiracy theories(NPO out to dominate/swap out BK and VE). You're tied to Mensa who have always been antagonistic towards us and their open desire tor roll us before Silent wasn't a "vague suspicion"(per durmij) on our part. Alkaline(Pub)'s recent posts in the other threads have been pretty openly along the same lines as Durmij's. That's your gov.

I'm not playing the victim card; the whole "no CB" moralizing despite the existence of one and being part of a sphere that has attacked isolated alliances with no CBs or non-isolated ones for signing treaties is rich and fits that way more. The only reason Rose was attacked was because we couldn't hit some of the other alliances initially and your entrenchment into the sphere. If you want another CB, your buddy Buorhann''s attempted blackmail to get logs of me would be a doozy too. But again, we didn't push this war, and if we didn't have the indication your side would hit first, it wouldn't have happened.

lol they wouldn't let me be anything more than a glorified diplomat

So yes, exactly, you had no CB against Rose. Thanks for the clearing that up rofl.

XLL3z4T.gif

So yes, exactly, you had no CB against Rose. Thanks for the clearing that up rofl.

Pretty sure people on your side have said it's perfectly fair to preempt if someone is sure to go in. Are you insinuating you wouldn't help Mensa based off the Zodiac hitthen? Since you said us and BK did it,  I assumed you referred to the wider conflict and not the opening of that front.

Pretty sure people on your side have said it's perfectly fair to preempt if someone is sure to go in. Are you insinuating you wouldn't help Mensa based off the Zodiac hitthen? Since you said us and BK did it,  I assumed you referred to the wider conflict and not the opening of that front.

Naturally I'd have gone in to defend against Zodiac. That is why we have a treaty.

All you've said so far is "your side, your sphere, your ally" etc. Your CB is I take it "guilty by association" rather than any actual reason. Thanks for clarifying that for me on behalf of BK.

To refer back to our original disagreement, you claimed we needed to construct a narrative in order to "hate" you when in reality you just detailed in great depth why we don't need to do that.

On the bright side, I don't hate NPO. Hard to stay mad at you, after all, BK chewed off more than they could swallow anyway.

XLL3z4T.gif

Zodiacs cb for hitting mensa = to help BK from having to fight Mensa counters when they hit Rose

BKs cb for hitting Rose = to help Zodiac from having to fight Rose counters when they hit Mensa

Edited by Alkaline

Zodiacs cb for hitting mensa = to help BK from having to fight Mensa counters when they hit Rose

BKs cb for hitting Rose = to help Zodiac from having to fight Rose counters when they hit Mensa

Full circle

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Naturally I'd have gone in to defend against Zodiac. That is why we have a treaty.

All you've said so far is "your side, your sphere, your ally" etc. Your CB is I take it "guilty by association" rather than any actual reason. Thanks for clarifying that for me on behalf of BK.

To refer back to our original disagreement, you claimed we needed to construct a narrative in order to "hate" you when in reality you just detailed in great depth why we don't need to do that.

On the bright side, I don't hate NPO. Hard to stay mad at you, after all, BK chewed off more than they could swallow anyway.

I was referring to the "main reason" previously stated.

What's good for the goose is good for gander. Guilty by association has been employed many times. You made a trade off: join Syndisphere to be with more militarily capable alliances and that came with embracing the associations.   I'll always be as straight as possible with anyone.

If you're upset about getting hit in this war , I'm sorry, but you guys positioned yourselves a certain way.

Well, it could boil down to the tS thing. I've seen the reason alluded to anyway. comes down to the same thing: attack the alliances that could be hit on the opposing side on day one.

There's been a lot of talk about that (CS' claims that tS asked Spectrum to attack CS and what not) but we're still waiting for the evidence.

Well BK ended up preempting Rose because gov got information that there was going to be an preempt on BK or its allies from April 11-13. I've never personally seen the evidence myself as I am not part of BK gov but the days before we were already ready for a conflict.

Z98SzIG.png

That's funny.

I got logs that shows certain gov members planning for IQ to preempt us (Which actually happened, and it had TKR, Mensa, and Rose named off initially) - surprisingly you guys didn't preempt that Wednesday (12th, where some alliances didn't show up but BK had a lot of members on and supposedly ready).

Take it how you want.  Also, was it suppose to be April 11th to 13th we'd preempt?  I also got asked about April 14th to 16th.  It's almost like you guys don't actually have substance here.

• Downvote 1

That's funny.

I got logs that shows certain gov members planning for IQ to preempt us (Which actually happened, and it had TKR, Mensa, and Rose named off initially) - surprisingly you guys didn't preempt that Wednesday (12th, where some alliances didn't show up but BK had a lot of members on and supposedly ready).

Take it how you want.  Also, was it suppose to be April 11th to 13th we'd preempt?  I also got asked about April 14th to 16th.  It's almost like you guys don't actually have substance here.

Lots of confusion involved in the FA level of things. I don't know about it completely since I had just returned a little more than three weeks ago and joined the alliance again, but apparently the attempted coup had given certain Syndisphere alliances an excuse to hit NPO or CS, so both sides built up. We had a lot of people on around that time come on and then gov finally decided on a preempt on Rose based in the idea that we might get preempted first. 

I'm not sure if that preempt never happened if things would go differently, but here we are, and I'm just a low tier nation idling around. 

Z98SzIG.png

I was an anti-hegemoney person and I still am, merely bandwagoning on the success of others as many on that side did was not an ambition I had. Unfortunately tS and OO at the time had a very "If you're not with us, you're against us mentality", meaning that although I did try to normalize relations and stay out of the way it wasn't going to stay that way for long unless I stayed small enough to never be a threat. SK had its faults but it was quite clear that the side valued just having allies over whether they genuinely liked each other or not, they only got upset and decided to air their differences once SK cancelled them (Why keep allies you dislike so much?). It was then pretty much stated that it was either SK or NPO to be rolled in the next war by a few alliances.

Although I didn't agree with how SK went about it, I wasn't going to abandon them to save my own hide and go against my beliefs. If the hostility to hit them at any given oppurtunity wasn't shown, I likely would have dropped them. Their gov (apart from Mikey, he is bae) is less to be desired, and I had quite a number of frustrations with them in the first week. 

Ummm I was a member of tS at the time of that split (retired) and I quite distinctly remember being put off by the attitude and public posturing of sk during the split. There were a particular few members of sk govt who made it very clear that this was not to be an amicable parting.

I remember talking to someone-I think it was miked?- and telling him that sk was lucky it was thrax in charge, and not be. As I would have beat them to death with their own dicks.

Manthrax on the other hand, went easy on them. I told them then and maintain that they better not !@#$ thrax over, as they were getting better than they deserved.

Then they tried to preempt :P.

Also hi Mikey ily.

Yeah I mean this is history. But I was actually in charge then, and I had no intention of fighting Rose again, if was avoidable. My attitude towards them was that I could tell Keegoz was lining up to take a crack at us (because he was bad at FA and it was obvious), but that I wanted to keep giving him chances to shape up purely because of how bored I was with the idea of fighting them again. My reasoning was that following through on that idea would be worse for Rose than it would be for me, so beyond extending the olive branch now and again I didn't know what else to do. Keegoz... you know you didn't try to normalize relations. Come on dude. :P

SK, as Partisan mentioned, were leaking like a busted sieve as soon as the split happened in a way that undercut virtually everything their government was telling me to my face, so that one I figured was an inevitability.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

Lots of confusion involved in the FA level of things. I don't know about it completely since I had just returned a little more than three weeks ago and joined the alliance again, but apparently the attempted coup had given certain Syndisphere alliances an excuse to hit NPO or CS, so both sides built up. We had a lot of people on around that time come on and then gov finally decided on a preempt on Rose based in the idea that we might get preempted first. 

I'm not sure if that preempt never happened if things would go differently, but here we are, and I'm just a low tier nation idling around. 

Well, let me explain how it went down.

Mensa planned to hit VE after we got leaks.  Mensa was requested to wait for KT to withdraw, we agreed.  Mensa was then requested to let a member of CKD mediate the talks of tVE and VE, we agreed.  We then got a leak of NPO getting involved through the use of Lordaeron and HBE being tied to protecting tVE, so a couple of us looked at that.  It matched up to militarization at the time (Granted Rose and Mensa was already fully militarized just about, but that was due to VE issues).

What IQ gov probably got was us think tanking on who'd support who if a conflict occurred between IQ and Syndisphere, since it seems the information came from Spectrum as we had a couple of feelers out just in case.  There was absolutely nothing concrete in preempting or attacking IQ.

We then got word that a possible preempt was going to happen on us, but that fell through since only BK showed up in force at the time.  So we beefed up and threw out feelers to see what was going on.  The VE talks fell through, Yoda got removed from power.  If it wasn't for the IQ preempt heads up, Mensa probably would've attacked VE for their plots of joining NPO then betraying Syndicate afterwards.

Again, there was no plans to attack IQ, but we knew that there was a high possibility of conflict with IQ if VE had gotten attacked - which, again, was a good possibility.

That didn't happen, instead, IQ preempted us.

I'm not complaining about it, honestly, but their claims of logs is seriously wrong or misunderstood because there was absolutely no plans for IQ.  Like I stated before, planning a war when most of IQ was still tied to Syndisphere alliances plus their majority low score tiers would be a logistical nightmare for us.  The vast majority of their low scores could remain at 0 military and mostly be safe from us, that's how crazy the spread of power difference is.

The reason why I'm not complaining is that a world conflict was going to happen one way or another.  When most of the Orbis community is that militarized, not everybody is going to be kosher on being hyped up for war then suddenly be told "Hey, no war, you can't play the game now.  Go back to being a production whore for the alliance."  Like I said, I'm glad to have new rivals honestly.  I'm not even upset at our rivals either.  It's new, it's fresh.  I'm sure the next conflict that occurs in the future (If things don't change from the usual status quo) will be much more challenging.

People will learn a lot from this, especially with up declares and down declares being a strategic importance.

EDIT:

That's as best of a summary I can give.  There's a lot of details in this.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1