BK recognition of hostilities

DVDCCHN

There is nothing wrong with the number 1 spot. I was genuinely happy when TKR got it. What became clear is that you shifted from caring about your bloc to maintaining that shiny number 1.

You complain about this and about P&W becoming (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) 2.0, and to fix these things you decided to team up with NPO, the very alliance responsible for (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) being in the shitty stagnated state it is, something you don't want to be replicated in P&W. How does that make any kind of sense?

• Upvote 2

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

I guess you're the exception, should have canceled you prewar when you got in bed with the rest of paracov but it would have been a PR hit either way. /shrug

I'm....sorry? I'm not following. Are you implying hitting number 1 and trying to keep it is inherently bad?

Cute. Of all the alliance on your side, you folks are least justified at feeling like BK treated you wrong. I mean its not like someone else could have set up the precedent no? 

You complain about this and about P&W becoming (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) 2.0, and to fix these things you decided to team up with NPO, the very alliance responsible for (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) being in the shitty stagnated state it is, something you don't want to be replicated in P&W. How does that make any kind of sense?

Who cares what they did there? This is Orbis. We are creating change and they want to help

Who cares what they did there? This is Orbis. We are creating change and they want to help

You aren't creating change.

There is no more classic-(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) tactic than the treaty-web bullshit that you guys pulled this war.

Different sides isn't change.

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

Hey, you're the one who brought (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) into this. As to why you should care, if your motivation really was to end a boring hegemoney I would assume you wouldn't want to simply replace it with another one, and NPOs history should be taken into account in relation to this. I can understand the desire to see things change, especially if you find yourself in an intolerable position. However, the way your alliance went about making this change happen was not good and it could have been handled much better. It didn't have to happen on bad terms (though I suppose things are more interesting this way). None of it seems very well thought out.

Edited by Big Brother

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Hey, you're the one who brought (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) into this. As to why you should care, if your motivation really was to end a boring hegemoney I would assume you wouldn't want to simply replace it with another one, and NPOs history should be taken into account in relation to this. I can understand the desire to see things change, especially if you find yourself in an intolerable position. However, the way your alliance went about making this change happen was not good and it could have been handled much better. It didn't have to happen on bad terms (though I suppose things are more interesting this way). None of it seems very well thought out.

Fair enough. I meant more in reference of a fear of this becoming (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), without holding blame to those who caused it to be that way. And no I don't want to replace this with another one. Rolling UPN, NPO, or some other helpless alliance hardly seems exciting though doesn't it. If NPO ever holds an incontestable hegemoney, you can say I told you so. As for how we went about this, we did the best we could. None of the Syndi-TKR were going to change, and you know they wouldn't appreciate us trying to change. 

Guest Curufinwe

Yeah, I don't know how this became about BK/TKR and OO, but I'm going to go ahead and agree with the general tone of Lordship's comments. OO had a great run, was a solid bloc and achieved some impressive things. Over time differences emerged regarding where it should go between BK, TKR and BoC, which resulted in its dissolution. Other than one particularly shouty evening this was done more or less without any (open) rancour on either side. It's more that people grew apart and perspectives changed​ - nothing lasts forever, not even a bloc in a nation sim. We certainly didn't (and don't) have anything against the people in TKR, even if we disagreed on certain aspects of policy. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

With that in mind, feel free to resume shitposting.

Edited by Curufinwe

NPO's history? We've lost two wars and pretty much stayed away from trying to bring in any (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) aspect to our policies. Our leadership is literally made up of folks who've fought the other world NPO for years, including leading the fight to break up the hegemoney there. Over here none of that matters, seeing how your only defense is oh "look there" when we've done our best to showcase we are a different set of folks here. So if you please, can you stop blurring lines and use our history solely on Orbis when trying to make an argument? 

• Upvote 2

when tkr says bk isnt honoring its treaties

nPrZmES.jpg

That is a pretty treaty - nice design

From a personal standpoint, I've enjoyed being a part of OO and our alliance with the Syndisphere that's seen us rise from the second page of Orbis to the upper echelons of the game, and we couldn't have done it without their support. TKR has always been a staunch ally even if our political views differ from time to time, and I've had great fun interacting with their members of in the past, even participating in some of the games they've held. That being said, I'm also enjoying the little war we're having, and it's definitely made things more interesting, as things had grown kind of stale in the past few months. I hold no grudge and feel no malice towards TKR or the Syndisphere, and retain the slight hope that that is also the case on the other side.

Just the humble opinion of a plebian member o/

Screen_Shot_2015-09-17_at_11.58.16_pm.thumb.png.b00a465ac4d36381a4e529773e5fdfd9.png

The English language recognises that it has been attacked by the Black Knights.

Ngl I did chuckle

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

NPO's history? We've lost two wars and pretty much stayed away from trying to bring in any (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) aspect to our policies. Our leadership is literally made up of folks who've fought the other world NPO for years, including leading the fight to break up the hegemoney there. Over here none of that matters, seeing how your only defense is oh "look there" when we've done our best to showcase we are a different set of folks here. So if you please, can you stop blurring lines and use our history solely on Orbis when trying to make an argument? 

I mean, this is some fake news. LoD, Roq, and Auctor have all been pro Pacifica for at least the last two years. The head of an organization is far more important than the 100% taxed, agency-free membership. You're accusing others of blurring lines, but the lines have been blurred this whole time.

Are you government? Are you even allowed to post here or did you wonder away from the toilet paper line because there weren't enough rations to go around this time? Or did you have this message pre-typed by the big brother that knows best?

when tkr says bk isnt honoring its treaties

nPrZmES.jpg

There's a serious gap of logic here though. The expectation that you have for your allies is that they should be willing to break non-aggression clauses to defend their allies, but I see no public (and I'm aware of no private) communications to BK from Pacifica about their unwillingness to enter against SK, who they don't even have a non-aggression clause to deter from their entry. In effect, the standards by which your allies behave in a way appropriate to you is entirely arbitrary, and only matters when the deck is against you. I suggest that it's okay to be a little firm in your convictions and standards instead of being flaccid in them. If you really give a rat's ass about TKR's "betrayal" of Pacifica than you should probably hold your bloc-mates to the same standard.

EDIT: Formatting help me 

Edited by Tevron

FX6Lzru.png

To get FA serious for a sec here, the decision between, curu, lordship and I to end OO came with a mutual respect of each other. I like TKR, I like BK, I don't like people trying to paint each other as some evil masterminds trying to end the game, because who's really working for that at heart? It can be a side effect of an action, but never an intent.

The entire, underlying reason for the OO split was because BK and BoC had different aspirations and goals to TKR that no longer coincided with one another. Other than that one rather unfortunately ugly night of arguing the whole process was calm and collected.

I do have regrets and things I wish I'd done differently, but in the end OO had an amazing run and I know everyone made some great friends out of it. That was the point.

• Upvote 2

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

>OO
>was supposed to be something different
>constantly tried to say it wasn't just Syndisphere

>was just Syndisphere in the end

>ends up disbanding and killing each other

OO was never gr8.

OvaitEM.gif

• Upvote 1

I mean, this is some fake news. LoD, Roq, and Auctor have all been pro Pacifica for at least the last two years. The head of an organization is far more important than the 100% taxed, agency-free membership. You're accusing others of blurring lines, but the lines have been blurred this whole time.

Are you government? Are you even allowed to post here or did you wonder away from the toilet paper line because there weren't enough rations to go around this time? Or did you have this message pre-typed by the big brother that knows best?

There's a serious gap of logic here though. The expectation that you have for your allies is that they should be willing to break non-aggression clauses to defend their allies, but I see no public (and I'm aware of no private) communications to BK from Pacifica about their unwillingness to enter against SK, who they don't even have a non-aggression clause to deter from their entry. In effect, the standards by which your allies behave in a way appropriate to you is entirely arbitrary, and only matters when the deck is against you. I suggest that it's okay to be a little firm in your convictions and standards instead of being flaccid in them. If you really give a rat's ass about TKR's "betrayal" of Pacifica than you should probably hold your bloc-mates to the same standard.

EDIT: Formatting help me 

The lines were not blurred by us and we've stuck keeping (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and those worldly affairs away from what we do here. In fact, quite a large number of us were never in Pacifica before coming to Orbis. If you know Roq/Auctor you know they've spent most of their time fighting against Pacifica. Times change, alliances change and they've come here and have lead Pacifica quite differently than our sister alliances. So honestly, you have no clue of who we are. Feel free to come to our forums and actually speak to us before claiming the bullshit you are lol. I don't need to be government to post here, and Roq least of all has never stopped us from saying what we want. 

If you can't see the difference from how we play this game than in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), feel free to ask your former bloc mates ;) We put in effort to build bridges and work together, and I think we've reached a good place because we got to know each other rather than spewing ignorant bullshit that the peanut gallery loves to hear. 

The lines were not blurred by us and we've stuck keeping (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and those worldly affairs away from what we do here. In fact, quite a large number of us were never in Pacifica before coming to Orbis. If you know Roq/Auctor you know they've spent most of their time fighting against Pacifica. Times change, alliances change and they've come here and have lead Pacifica quite differently than our sister alliances. So honestly, you have no clue of who we are. Feel free to come to our forums and actually speak to us before claiming the bullshit you are lol. I don't need to be government to post here, and Roq least of all has never stopped us from saying what we want.

If you can't see the difference from how we play this game than in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), feel free to ask your former bloc mates ;) We put in effort to build bridges and work together, and I think we've reached a good place because we got to know each other rather than spewing ignorant bullshit that the peanut gallery loves to hear.

Sadly the peanut gallery is all ts doninated and thus we have nothing to tell them. Although, telling ts they understand how npo works is ignorant bullshit.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Can someone elaborate as to what specific outcome BK was expecting to see in TKR placing OO above all other treaties? Seems a bit odd to insist on such a result if BK didnt already have some goal contrary to the rest of their former sphere's benefit.

Certainly doesn't sound like the BK I was allied to and fought alongside countless times

• Upvote 2

Untitled.png

I like BK, I don't like people trying to paint each other as some evil masterminds trying to end the game, because who's really working for that at heart?

Probably Mensa.

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

Evil is subjective but there is no doubt there was a mastermind behind both the drawing of the lines in the sand and the war.

Both Curu and Bezzers are right. OO did fail because of changing goals between its members. BK and BoC wanted to roll half of their allies and TKR didn't.

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

I didn't realize what was happening with our conversation up until this point, until I realized that you are arguing with Big Brother, then later myself about something neither of us are discussing. You are talking about the hegemoney NPO established in what, 2007? The one that many fought against and created a very exciting political climate ripe with betrayal, destruction, and feudalistic viceroyalties. Somehow you misread Big Brother's post. He was referring to a boring hegemoney (big brother's words), aka the current (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) hegemoney, established and maintained by the current Pacifican community + Oculus aka, the current Pacifican PnW government.

While I admire your steadfast desire to defend your alliance from what you perceive as misrepresentations of your culture or whatever, you actually are defending a point that is being held by no one in this thread to my knowledge. I was attempting to lighten the mood with some commie jokes, which you also took the wrong way xD

In fact, I would say most respect how PnW NPO is similar to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO with regard to their competent leadership, strong community and commitment to long-term victory, and general non-idiocy in foreign affairs decisionmaking. And that is also why they have some disdain for them, specifically because they fear they will create the same kind of stagnating political atmosphere through similar means of control. I don't necessarily abide by that discussion, but it's the actual discussion Big Brother attempted to have about BK, and not about NPO.

• Upvote 1

FX6Lzru.png

>OO

>was supposed to be something different

>constantly tried to say it wasn't just Syndisphere

>was just Syndisphere in the end

>ends up disbanding and killing each other

OO was never gr8.

Is this where I point out that you've swapped one sphere (Syndisphere) for another sphere (NewCov or is it IQ?  I can't tell who's the bottom in this relationship) based on what's going on now?  =x

• Downvote 1