Very Irritated -Blocked from playing with my son!! Again!!

Clemson

Last year my son got me into P&W and I started a country then we found we could not trade with each other because we set up our separate accounts on the same computer. Alex informed me at that time there was nothing that could be done. My son lost interest and I have carried on. Last week I convinced my son to play again and told him to join the alliance I was in. Today I tried to make a trade offer and it was blocked because it was done on the same "Network" . I was smart enough to tell him not to use my computer and said to use his phone for P&W while at my house. This is ludicrous. What possible threat does a father trading with his son's country pose to the game?

Alex you denied my request  last time but I ask again for you to consider a change or an exception to this rule. We enjoy P&W but not so much if we can not enjoy it together.

Thanks for considering my request.

• Upvote 1

Sending sweetheart trades on the same network is against the rules. 

Please refer to the rules found here: https://politicsandwar.com/rules/

While i am aware that your son may be in grave danger in the game. The fact is you cannot send aid to the person on the same network. It's how the game is.

Edited by Featherine

Hi Clemson - please allow me to share some thoughts

The number 1 factor that ruins all (I mean, all) MMO games, is always multi-account cheaters. Without a strict rule in place this game wont last either.

I came out of a game recently and yes, it suffered from duplicate accounts out of control. While I still got the better of them but I lost all fun in playing. All of us are here not looking for good players or lousy players, we are all here for an enjoyable gaming experience.

There are numerous other nations that you can trade with over here. For as long as u make more friends, make less enemies. :)

• Upvote 1

The mistake you likely made was that your son was logged into the same wireless network as you were (as you were both at home). This would still come under the heading of "same network", even though you're not using the same computer.

I know of at least one father and son team who happily play on the same network, despite the trade restrictions. It's not the end of the world and finding a nice alliance to support you both will help make the game alot more enjoyable.

EDIT: I see you're in Cornerstone, good choice :)

If you wish to message me ingame (my nation link should be on the left), I can help you out with answering any further questions about the game.

Edited by Shakyr

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

• Administrators

The rules we have are in place to prevent and minimize cheating. While unfortunately situations like yours are impacted as well, it's a necessary cost to protect the integrity of the game. Previously we didn't let multiple people play from the same network at all - now you can play, but you can't help each other at all. That way, when "sons" and "brothers" (not accusing you, but plenty of people I believe have 'brothers' that play the game that are simply extra accounts of their own) start playing, it doesn't give any advantage to the main player. It's still against the rules to have multiple accounts, and I catch people as frequently as I can, but I can't catch them all. Preventing trading, aiding, and warring together ensures that even if someone can pass off their alternate identity as a separate person, they still gain no in-game advantage.

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

We are in an Alliance , so no it is not the end of the world, or playing. My son like to role play, all communications are done in character, so he will just have to invent a back story for why we can never trade directly though our nations are allied.

Thanks for the concise explanation.

How's that work for university students?

If I can get my sister to sign up we'd be on separate networks most of the time, when I'm at uni, but I stay with my family during winter, spring and summer breaks.

Could she join my alliance?

If I can get my sister to sign up we'd be on separate networks most of the time, when I'm at uni, but I stay with my family during winter, spring and summer breaks.

Yes, though you won't be able to treat with each other or fight against the same nations (simultaneously)

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Yes she could join your alliance, no issues there. The restrictions only apply to trade and war (see previous posts).

The only way around the previously mentioned restrictions is if you never visit politicsandwar.com while you are home and on the wifi network there (which I assume is what your sister would be using). Use a mobile phone instead, that isn't connected to the wifi network.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG