Sooo....

Bears and mountain lions are afraid of you if you act like you're bigger than them and wave your arms at them while you yell

Could putting a wacky inflatable tube guy with a bright light and playing metal while you sleep keep them away?

tumblr_inline_nhv14bg2ZF1sjnmot.gif

I would assume so. At least for a few nights, anyways. At some point, they'd probably get used to it and come closer and closer to the point where they basically just ignore it. It's only a temporary measure.

new_forum_sig_2.png

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tubeman!

Hi, I'm Al Harrington, President and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse! Thanks to a shipping error I am now currently overstocked on wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men, and I am passing the savings on to you! Attract customers to your business, Make a splash at your next presentation, Keep grandma company, Protect your crops. Confuse your neighbors, African American? Hail a cab! Testify in church, Or just raise the roof! Whatever your wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man needs are! So come on down to Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse! Route 2 in Weekapaug.

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

I assume this regards me and there seems to be no problem on its own. For some reason when you need something killed the wildlife people are dispatched by the State Police Headquarters. A heavy assault weapon would probably limit the number of active deaht monsters here by at least one.

GICjEwp.gif

I assume this regards me and there seems to be no problem on its own. For some reason when you need something killed the wildlife people are dispatched by the State Police Headquarters. A heavy assault weapon would probably limit the number of active deaht monsters here by at least one.

I wouldn't call them "monsters", just call them animals. No need to use that kind of term.

Also, using an assault rifle to kill and animal would be really cruel, just use a tranquilizer.

Edited by Catsby
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

No, a brush gun would be better at that. You would need a larger caliber than your standard .223, .300, .308 stuff (typical AR calibers). I'd go for at least .45-70. And as much as I hate Taurus, I'd have to say they make a decent .454 for a fairly cheap price. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I have no idea what's happening in this thread, but the wildlife manager part of me is currently screaming a bit.
xzhPlEh.png?1

I wouldn't call them "monsters", just call them animals. No need to use that kind of term.

Also, using an assault rifle to kill and animal would be really cruel, just use a tranquilizer.

Tranquilizer would taint the meat and the state maintains a list of the very poor to notify in case of animal death to have the carcass harvested (typically roadkill).Given I live a right turn off of the main route to Maine's tourism spots keeping an active, adult predatory cat around just seems like a bad idea given people who come here have evidently never seen a tree before and as a result must stop to photograph each one they see. 

No, a brush gun would be better at that. You would need a larger caliber than your standard .223, .300, .308 stuff (typical AR calibers). I'd go for at least .45-70. And as much as I hate Taurus, I'd have to say they make a decent .454 for a fairly cheap price. 

I don't think our State Police maintain weapons for a primarily non-human reason. I suspect when they go out to do this they just borrow something from SWAT if it's going to be a large thing.

I have no idea what's happening in this thread, but the wildlife manager part of me is currently screaming a bit.

When I called to have a rabid raccoon removed the agent I was speaking to asked why I didn't just shoot it myself.

GICjEwp.gif