restrictions on number of trades

Shakyr

Could we please limit the number of trades that people can have for one resource, at any one time? No one should need more than 1-2 buy or sell orders, per resource.

It might also make the market a bit friendlier to players who don't spend all day on the market and lessen the chance that we end up with a market that's completely run by at most a dozen nations.

EDIT: Rephrased for clarity

Edited by Shakyr
  • Upvote 4

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Could we please limit the number of trades that people can make for one resource? No one should need more than 1-2 buy or sell orders, per resource.It might also make the market a bit friendlier to players who don't spend all day on the market and lessen the chance that we end up with a market that's completely run by at most a dozen nations.

You mean at one time, correct?

"Realism is irrelevant unless it's the real world" - Lail Das

You mean at one time, correct?

Yes

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

That's still terrible unless your goal is forcing the big, active players to quit. I frequent have up to four going at a time in the same resource due to quantity limits on offers.

If you keep the same price, the game just adds to the existing trade. So in the above case, it would still count as a single trade, you just submitted it 3 or 4 times, to stack the trade.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

• 5 months later...

If the majority is for that, it's hilarious, but so be it. And no, not always food.

On 4/4/2017 at 8:32 PM, Shakyr said:

Could we please limit the number of trades that people can have for one resource, at any one time? No one should need more than 1-2 buy or sell orders, per resource.

It might also make the market a bit friendlier to players who don't spend all day on the market and lessen the chance that we end up with a market that's completely run by at most a dozen nations.

EDIT: Rephrased for clarity

Agreed. Please feel as free as I have in requesting the adjustment of the maximum quantity per offer and this is all solved.

GICjEwp.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I've never seen this happen. Every time I have done so it has stacked. Please show proof that this happens?

I'm not saying I don't believe you but it could just be a bug so am genuinely interested to see it happen. 

Since the game currently stacks offers, I think an easy solution could be to just stack and "update" the price if you list more than one of the same resource.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I'd imagine there're at least some traders who do that, but I think the majority do it all by hand still. Varying levels of pricing can work well to gain immediate returns on a resource and then plan for the depletion of those offers at a certain price point so adding additional offers at varying prices is basically planning ahead for those who don't constantly check on the market's current pricing.

GICjEwp.gif

On 5/10/2017 at 4:30 AM, Kemal Ergenekon said:

The real problem is that a captcha is required for accepting offers as opposed to posting offers. Captchas should be for posting offers instead, since people who use algorithms to dominate the market do exactly that.

There are already captachas for posting offers.