please add new projects ^^

Shakyr

Propaganda Bureau and Uranium Enrichment Program were added over a year ago (21/Jan/2016).

There is currently only 6 projects that are basically required for all nations (7 if you include Mass Irrigation). The rest are dependent on both your economic and military strategy, in that a nation that doesn't make Gasoline, doesn't need the Emergency Gasoline Reserve.

This means that pretty much once a nation hits 40,000 or higher infrastructure, they start running out of projects that they can build (without wasting resources buying projects that are useless to them). There is also a nice collection of nations who are over 70,000 infrastructure, which means they could potentially own every single project that exists.

I know there is an issue of balance with adding new projects, but I do believe this is one of the few things that could be done regularly, to keep the game fluid.

• Upvote 3

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Maybe a project that increases how long you are beige for by 2 turns. A little overpowered, but hey it sounds interesting.

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

Maybe a project that increases how long you are beige for by 2 turns. A little overpowered, but hey it sounds interesting.

This would be cool for nations under...16ish cities, but when you give it to whales it's just ridiculous so unfortunately not.

gkt70Td.png

I've talked a few times about nerfing projects overall but adding project upgrades. This would give more life to the current projects we have without having to constantly come up with new ones. It would also put another resource sink into the game which I feel like we need considering resource prices have been trending downwards for over a year now. You could even go further and add different upgrade pathways but that's probably getting a little complex.

For example:

The International Trade Center would get a nerf from 115% commerce to 105% commerce. You could add 2 upgrades that get increasingly more expensive both resource wise and cash wise. So first upgrade could be:

Base project cost x (No. cities/4) = Cost of upgrade

This would make upgrade 1 to be 112,500,000 for a city 10 nation. Seems a lot but considering it doesn't make economic sense to do it at city 10 anyway probably justifies it. A city 15 nation would pay 168,700,000 which is only roughly 30 million more than what his next city would cost anyway and it would make more economic sense at this time.

Upgrade 2 (The last upgrade) would give a larger boost to 120% commerce. It would however cost:

Base project cost x (No. cities/2) = Cost of upgrade 2

Makes sense bigger upgrade, bigger cost.

Overall means that the scaling will slow down the chance of someone buying all the projects and all the upgrades whilst also making things a little more interesting in terms of project choice between players. This obviously needs more detail (I haven't done resources) but gives a glimpse at what I would like to see. I will expand further if Alex shows any interest.

• Upvote 3

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Keegoz's idea is a good one

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

I wasn't after a discussion of project suggestions, there's a thread for that ;)

I've talked a few times about nerfing projects overall but adding project upgrades. This would give more life to the current projects we have without having to constantly come up with new ones. It would also put another resource sink into the game which I feel like we need considering resource prices have been trending downwards for over a year now. You could even go further and add different upgrade pathways but that's probably getting a little complex.

Overall means that the scaling will slow down the chance of someone buying all the projects and all the upgrades whilst also making things a little more interesting in terms of project choice between players. This obviously needs more detail (I haven't done resources) but gives a glimpse at what I would like to see. I will expand further if Alex shows any interest.

It's a nice idea, and I don't disagree with the sentiment. But the issue I have is that nations with 8 or 9 project slots or more will start running around with empty project slots, which just makes the project system inefficient. And it's not that hard to reach 40,000 infra. You have a similar situation with improvements, but it's alot harder to get to 3000+ infrastructure in each city.

Maybe the entire project system needs a rebuild, so it's not based around total infrastructure and project slots. I don't know. But it's that kind of discussion I was trying to start.

I wasn't after a discussion of project suggestions, there's a thread for that ;)

It's a nice idea, and I don't disagree with the sentiment. But the issue I have is that nations with 8 or 9 project slots or more will start running around with empty project slots, which just makes the project system inefficient. And it's not that hard to reach 40,000 infra. You have a similar situation with improvements, but it's alot harder to get to 3000+ infrastructure in each city.

Maybe the entire project system needs a rebuild, so it's not based around total infrastructure and project slots. I don't know. But it's that kind of discussion I was trying to start.

You could make each upgrade needing 5,000 infra. Meaning in this case a fully upgraded ITC would need 15,000 infra.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Propaganda Bureau and Uranium Enrichment Program were added over a year ago (21/Jan/2016).

There is currently only 6 projects that are basically required for all nations (7 if you include Mass Irrigation). The rest are dependent on both your economic and military strategy, in that a nation that doesn't make Gasoline, doesn't need the Emergency Gasoline Reserve.

This means that pretty much once a nation hits 40,000 or higher infrastructure, they start running out of projects that they can build (without wasting resources buying projects that are useless to them). There is also a nice collection of nations who are over 70,000 infrastructure, which means they could potentially own every single project that exists.

I know there is an issuef balance with adding new , but I do believe this is one of the few things that could be done regularly, to keep the game fluid.

If you were that  high why wouldn't you be doing all of them as a goal and buying the necessary raws from the market?

GICjEwp.gif

If you were that  high why wouldn't you be doing all of them as a goal and buying the necessary raws from the market?

Not everyone wants to play that way and they shouldn't be forced to.