Yay or Nay? Teaching Sexism, Homophobia, and Racism to young kids

Rozalia

Yay or Nay? Teaching Sexism, Homophobia, and Racism to young kids  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Women should be servants to men, Homosexuals should be hanged, Blacks and Jews are subhuman... are these acceptable things to be taught to young kids?

• Yes, I agree with ComradeMilton and fully support the teaching of young children such things.
    • No, I agree with Rozalia in that such a thing is wrong and insane.

What we need to do is start enforcing our current laws and give more funding to the bodies that already exist to stop this exact thing from being spread. We have no laws to limit or stop this. If we did and it went against the Constitution the law loses.

As my post before said, I'm British and the original articles were British, therefore the constitution of the United States does not apply. Yes the US has different laws, but this answer was in context of where the hate is being spread.

As the sources were British, my first response still stands, EU and UK law adds the required exceptions.

Edits due to abysmal mobile typing.

Edited by Matt2004

Untitled.png.a5280e76db3e7bedecea0a5e4d7b7daf.png

The pandering that the left does to the religion of Islam is incredibly contradictory to any views that they might be pushing around ethno and gender rights.

Goes beyond just that, a special sort this one. He thinks Nazis and the KKK should be teaching children in schools their own brands of hatred too so it ain't just restricted to Islamists.

I mean you can support free speach and still oppose this. In Europe or Canada people teaching such messages would not only be forbidden but probably arrested, as people tend to be for hate speach. Most of those countries would still consider themselves to have free speach. Granted I fall on the "absolute" spectrum and free speach and strongly oppose hate speach laws, but you can have a principled belief in freedom of speech and oppose these kinds of speach (though I disagree with it).

Personally I am disgusted by the hate that you are saying these schools preach, as I am sure are most people here. And I certainly wouldn't condone any state funding for support for schools that do (and I doubt they get any). But if the actual academics are up to standards legally it's fine. Everyone is required to receive an education and schools are mandated to properly provide one to be recognized. Things taught or encouraged outside those subjects (and not against the law) are imo outside the purview of the state.

There are full and part time schools and the full time ones do actually have to meet standards academically, though the part time ones are not held up to the same standard. Both have a problem with the teaching of sexism, homophobia, and racism though that is not to say all of them do of course, but it is enough to be a notable issue. I'm sure you won't be surprised to know that many making up the numbers teaching such things to children are funded by Saudi Arabia.

I am a big supporter of freedom of speech and abhor censorship myself however I don't see this one myself. Teachers have a powerful place in the lives of children and can't be teaching such vile hatreds. In normal circumstances, even in America, a teacher who does such things is quickly sacked once the school finds out freedom of speech or no due to how the protection doesn't extent to them in that circumstance. Of course in this circumstance the school actually supports such things. Thankfully in most places the law straight up is against them, but the issue then is too many get away with it.

From what I've heard Roz you're an ignorant hate monger who tries to out demagogue 'The Donald', but what do I, someone so unrecognizable that you attempt to use it as an attack, possibly know?

Hey, I like to have context on why someone hates me enough to throw their lot in with someone who believes such things. What did I do to earn such ire from yourself? Going by what you've said it seems not all that much. Someone told you I was a bad man. Nice.

Edited by Rozalia

People are still taking Milton seriously?  He's a dumbass that's simply trying to troll.

It's also amusing to see who's disagreeing with Roz because of bias against him due to previous topics he's discussed.  Like you guys are honestly siding with Milton's argument without even knowing what the argument is (And if you do, and you still side with him, you're insane just as much as he is).

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

From what I've heard Roz you're an ignorant hate monger who tries to out demagogue 'The Donald', but what do I, someone so unrecognizable that you attempt to use it as an attack, possibly know?

From what I've heard the British people are devils and Africans are subhuman rapists unfit to rule,but you don't see me taking it in and not fact checking.

"If a person is satisfied with everything,then he is a complete idiot.A normal person cannot be satisfied with everything."~Vladimir Putin

"Every human being makes mistakes."~Ian Smith

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. We are not prophets. This is a step in the dark. We can only proceed into the future with faith.~Pieter Wilhelm Botha

As my post before said, I'm British and the original articles were British, therefore the constitution of the United States does not apply. Yes the US has different laws, but this answer was in context of where the hate is being spread.That's interesting., but the Constitution of the US trumps British in the US, which means very few exceptions to protection of speech or religion.

As the sources were British, my first response still stands, EU and UK law adds the required exceptions.

Edits due to abysmal mobile typing.

Goes beyond just that, a special sort this one. He thinks Nazis and the KKK should be teaching children in schools their own brands of hatred too so it ain't just restricted to Islamists. I don't actually care if they do that or not, I just support the Constitution which happens to support them.

There are full and part time schools and the full time ones do actually have to meet standards academically, though the part time ones are not held up to the same standard. Both have a problem with the teaching of sexism, homophobia, and racism though that is not to say all of them do of course, but it is enough to be a notable issue. I'm sure you won't be surprised to know that many making up the numbers teaching such things to children are funded by Saudi Arabia.

I am a big supporter of freedom of speech and abhor censorship myself however I don't see this one myself. Teachers have a powerful place in the lives of children and can't be teaching such vile hatreds. In normal circumstances, even in America, a teacher who does such things is quickly sacked once the school finds out freedom of speech or no due to how the protection doesn't extent to them in that circumstance. Of course in this circumstance the school actually supports such things. Thankfully in most places the law straight up is against them, but the issue then is too many get away with it. Did you not take civics in school? Here, I'll help:hate groups are not just permitted, but protected by the Constitution. If they stopped doing it that would be nice, but it's not a requirement on them. At the same time just like any other school, if the administration doesn't like your performance they can make you change it.

Hey, I like to have context on why someone hates me enough to throw their lot in with someone who believes such things. What did I do to earn such ire from yourself? Going by what you've said it seems not all that much. Someone told you I was a bad man. Nice.

People are still taking Milton seriously?  He's a dumbass that's simply trying to troll. I'm quite sincere.

It's also amusing to see who's disagreeing with Roz because of bias against him due to previous topics he's discussed.  Like you guys are honestly siding with Milton's argument without even knowing what the argument is (And if you do, and you still side with him, you're insane just as much as he is).It's more that his argument isn't supported by the foundation of our justice system.

Even Katie sided with Roz, which i'd never think i'd see...

Also hi Katie! Guess Katie's done with the Constitution.*shrug*

From what I've heard the British people are devils and Africans are subhuman rapists unfit to rule,but you don't see me taking it in and not fact checking. Wiki exceptions to US free speech if you're interested and you'll see this is supported by the Constitution and similar situations have been defended against Jewish-majority towns by Jewish ACLU attorneys including Skokie, Illinois, a predominantly Jewish town being forced to permit a NeoNazi march.

GICjEwp.gif

"Wiki exceptions to US free speech if you're interested and you'll see this is supported by the Constitution and similar situations have been defended against Jewish-majority towns by Jewish ACLU attorneys including Skokie, Illinois, a predominantly Jewish town being forced to permit a NeoNazi march."

I didn't ask for a response from you but that's dandy

Edited by Vincent de Beer

"If a person is satisfied with everything,then he is a complete idiot.A normal person cannot be satisfied with everything."~Vladimir Putin

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. We are not prophets. This is a step in the dark. We can only proceed into the future with faith.~Pieter Wilhelm Botha

But, what if humans are all garbage?

seems someone spotted the correct point finally :P

But anyway is it really a topic of polling ?? if any of you srsly think that the polling topic is agreeable then you need some serious mental check up :P 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Really funny how people across the political spectrum are saying No,and the fact that less than 30% of people agree with this.

At this point people should realize that it's pointless to have a constructive debate with Milton,he just does the same routine:Makes point>shown evidence to disprove that point>ignores,dismisses,or rejects evidence>asked to provide evidence>makes excuses to not provide evidence>makes other person so annoyed that they leave>claims victory even though he's provided nothing and has 0 evidence>lies (optional)>twists definitions to his personal tastes

Basically he just says: I'm right you're wrong

At this point people should realize that it's pointless to have a constructive debate with Milton,he just does the same routine:Makes point>shown evidence to disprove that point>ignores,dismisses,or rejects evidence><-- Don't recall anything like this happening at all. I've made it clear that I'm not going to dig up sources for you guys to just excuse out of the discussion rovide evidence>makes excuses to not provide evidence>makes other person so annoyed that they leave>claims victory even though he's provided nothing and has 0 evidence>lies (optional)>twists definitions to his personal tastes My evidence is sufficient for me and the people who support me. that's quite enough.

Basically he just says: I'm right you're wrong Depending on where you are in these four threads that's a pretty succinct way of getting to the point, yeah.

GICjEwp.gif

That's your opinion but whatever I'm obviously wrong when I say "Brazil and Cambodia aren't terrorist organizations" your opinion is apparently above all facts and numbers so I'll just leave you to your world,I mean I'm OBVIOUSLY incorrect when I say "South Africa and Australia had some right wing extremist attacks planned but they weren't carried out" But hey,your opinion is above facts and you're always right.

Sure

"- Don't recall anything like this happening at all. "

The failed attempt to cover it up is impressive, looks at Wisdomtree,Roz,Bluebear,myself,etc

That's your opinion but whatever I'm obviously wrong when I say "Brazil and Cambodia aren't terrorist organizations" your opinion is apparently above all facts and numbers so I'll just leave you to your world,I mean I'm OBVIOUSLY incorrect when I say "South Africa and Australia had some right wing extremist attacks planned but they weren't carried out" But hey,your opinion is above facts and you're always right. You understand when I name Brazil I'm referring to their extremely corrupt domestic security forces who frequently massacre 40 or 50 street kids in a night, right? And that by Cambodia I mean the Khmer Rouge...?

The failed attempt to cover it up is impressive, looks at Wisdomtree,Roz,Bluebear,myself,etc If you can point me to it I could probably address it, but you don't appear to have much interest in discussing this stuff anymore.

GICjEwp.gif

At this point people should realize that it's pointless to have a constructive debate with Milton,he just does the same routine:Makes point>shown evidence to disprove that point>ignores,dismisses,or rejects evidence><-- Don't recall anything like this happening at all. I've made it clear that I'm not going to dig up sources for you guys to just excuse out of the discussion rovide evidence>makes excuses to not provide evidence>makes other person so annoyed that they leave>claims victory even though he's provided nothing and has 0 evidence>lies (optional)>twists definitions to his personal tastes My evidence is sufficient for me and the people who support me. that's quite enough.

Basically he just says: I'm right you're wrong Depending on where you are in these four threads that's a pretty succinct way of getting to the point, yeah.

The failed attempt to cover it up is impressive, looks at Wisdomtree,Roz,Bluebear,myself,etc

Sure buddy. He does it so many times but the most egregious/recent would be:

So you accuse me of something. I deny. If you were to find a quote here of me having done as you accuse then what defense is there? None. When asked repeatedly you rubbish it making excuses. However I can indeed get my own stuff don't worry.

You are so twisted it is amazing. A white guy saying the Jews are devils, wrong in Miltons world. A Muslim saying the same, dandy in Miltons world. I'm thankful for your type truly, you show how stupid and ridiculous your side is in this affair.

Who says I'm white?

Nowhere there do I refer to you as white which would be quite irrelevant anyway. So pigheaded however it seems you can't admit to your error (well there are many really).

Side note. Apologies for thinking you were giving Muslims special treatment on that matter. You think white people should teach anti-Jewish racism too, how tolerant of intolerance you are.

His response to me going back and quoting myself to prove his accusation that I called him white then went as follows:

I've been saying I'm not your Google butler for days. If you finally figured out what that means, yes, find your own stuff. I'll probably just giggle because you'll pick something simplistic and/or unreliable, but give it a shot.

I think NeoNazis have the right to teach as they see fit. That's not supporting them, it's supporting the Constitution.

No recognising that he made a false accusation, no apology for a mistake, nothing. Mocks and then ignores the evidence. Milton, the guy who says he doesn't lie lies in such easily found out ways. Milton, the guy who thinks himself so smart and yet has admitted he talks so much garbage (my own word here) that he often can't even recognise it and so accuses people of making up quotes on what he has said.

Beyond parody levels of failure.

But anyway is it really a topic of polling ?? if any of you srsly think that the polling topic is agreeable then you need some serious mental check up :P

Milton really believes this and has said several times that most people agree with him so I decided to take that to the test as he was simply ignoring my statements on it being otherwise.

Lol

Sure buddy. He does it so many times but the most egregious/recent would be:

His response to me going back and quoting myself to prove his accusation that I called him white then went as follows:

No recognising that he made a false accusation, no apology for a mistake, nothing. Mocks and then ignores the evidence. Milton, the guy who says he doesn't lie lies in such easily found out ways. Milton, the guy who thinks himself so smart and yet has admitted he talks so much garbage (my own word here) that he often can't even recognise it and so accuses people of making up quotes on what he has said. How can I admit something with your own word here? You literally just made up a quote to attribute to me in this paragraph.

Milton really believes this and has said several times that most people agree with him so I decided to take that to the test as he was simply ignoring my statements on it being otherwise. You have twenty people that disagree out of thousands. Most impressive.

GICjEwp.gif

"You have twenty people that disagree out of thousands. Most impressive."

And how do you know that they agree with you?From what I've seen,very few people agree with your political views.

"You literally just made up a quote to attribute to me in this paragraph.

"

Lmfao,you're actually denying your own quotes,this is pure comedy because your statements are available for all to see XD.

He used a terrible quotation nest so I may have erred 

"You have twenty people that disagree out of thousands. Msoost impressive."

And how do you know that they agree with you? They say so and that they're laughing at length at Roz. From what I've seen,very few people agree with your political views. Yeah, I'm surprised how few people have so far indicated support for our Constitution.

"You literally just made up a quote to attribute to me in this paragraph.
"

Lmfao,you're actually denying your own quotes,this is pure comedy because your statements are available for all to see XD.

"No recognising that he made a false accusation, no apology for a mistake, nothing. Mocks and then ignores the evidence. Milton, the guy who says he doesn't lie lies in such easily found out ways. Milton, the guy who thinks himself so smart and yet has admitted he talks so much garbage (my own word here) that he often can't even recognise it and so accuses people of making up quotes on what he has said." This is what I referred to. Please direct me to where I indicated this or said it.

GICjEwp.gif

"They say so and that they're laughing at length at Roz."

Perhaps that's your opinion but oh well

Decided the alarming (if modest) number of people supporting Roz was getting a tad out of hand and could use another example to help clarify why horrific statements, groups, teachers and so on remain horrendous, but often provide a very useful justification the ACLU can use to continue securing more and more Supreme Court precedents which in turn increases protection of our Constitution and helps prevent its protections being watered down. So, Skokie, Ill.

ComradeMilton - Yesterday at 10:10 PM
yeah, if you have a problem with what i'm describing avoid ever donating to the ACLU.
one of their most famous cases was defending Neo Nazis against a predominantly Jewish town
at no cost to the Nazis
and themselves being mostly Jewish

Skokie, Illinois
Skokie (/ˈskoʊki/; formerly Niles Center) is a village in Cook County, Illinois, United States. Its name comes from a Potawatomi word for "marsh". A Chicago suburb, for many years Skokie promoted itself as "The World's Largest Village". Its population, according to the 2010 census, was 64,784. Skokie's streets, like that of many suburbs, are largely a continuation of the Chicago street grid, and the village is served by the Chicago Transit Authority, further cementing its connection to the city. Skokie was ...

Skokie has received national attention twice for court cases decided by the United States Supreme Court. In the mid-1970s, it was at the center of a case concerning the First Amendment right to assemble and the National Socialist Party of America, a neo-Nazi group. Skokie ultimately lost that case.

In 1977 Frank Collin, the leader of National Socialist Party of America, announced the party's intention to march through Skokie, Illinois. In the predominantly Jewish community, one in six residents was a Holocaust survivor or was directly related to one.

On behalf of the NSPA, the ACLU challenged the injunction issued by the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois that prohibited marchers at the proposed Skokie rally from wearing Nazi uniforms or displaying swastikas. The ACLU was represented by civil rights attorney Burton Joseph. The challengers argued that the injunction violated the First Amendment rights of the marchers to express themselves.

Per US Supreme Court: If a state seeks to impose an injunction in violation of First Amendment rights, it must provide strict procedural safeguards, including immediate appellate review. Absent such review, a stay must be granted. // On remand, the Illinois Appellate Court eliminated the injunction against everything but the swastika. The Illinois Supreme Court heard the case again, focusing on the First Amendment implications of display of the swastika. Skokie attorneys argued that for Holocaust survivors, seeing the swastika was like being physically attacked.

The Illinois Supreme Court ruled that the use of the swastika is a symbolic form of free speech entitled to First Amendment protections and determined that the swastika itself did not constitute "fighting words." Its ruling allowed the National Socialist Party of America to march.

Ultimate result is two new precedents and an ACLU total victory in strengthening protections of speech and assembly from being watered down by localities in an attempt to insert new powers over speech and assembly attempting to control an absolutely revolting group from fully exercising their freedom of speech and freedom of assembly. Amendment 1 strengthened via ACLU borrowing a group of Nazis for a short time.

GICjEwp.gif