USRGC/International Revolution treaty signed

Ahriman

You could literally have just written "MDP between USRGC and IR" in that google doc and it would have amounted to the same thing.

How edgy of you to say.

I personally appreciate it when someone puts actual effort into something they do.

Edited by Pride
  • Upvote 3

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

Anyone here remember the good old days of IR trying to act significant but failing miserably, then going completely silent for the next year and a half?

Good times.

New days, new leadership, and activity 

How edgy of you to say.

I personally appreciate it when someone puts actual effort into something they do.

+1

Congrats. 

---------------

Most people here will not bother to read the treaty.  If that's what you wanted (or you don't care) announcing it this way was brilliant.

However I'm odd, so I'm going to point out a few areas that are a bit different if for no other reason than maybe it will give some others a few ideas. 

1,  30 day notice to withdraw from treaty.

2. There are specifics for individual nation(s) (as opposed to the entire alliance which (I think) are needed in order to trigger the treaty.   For instance, "The nation(s) being attacked must not be able to succeed without intervention outside their alliance" (See Article VI B 1) 

3.  It seems to suggest that it would just take just one of the alliances leader's to decide to DoW someone to automatically commit both alliances to war.  (See Article V1 C) 

4.  It forms a "security council" which "may ignore any other treaties outside of the People's Accord with unanimous consent." (See Article VI C 2 f)  I'm assuming this is basically a supremacy clauce (i.e. this treaty is more important than any of the others we may sign with other people) but I'm not sure.

5. Article VII talks about trade between the two alliances being under market value.

Edited by Sylvia
  • Upvote 5

Congrats. 

---------------

Most people here will not bother to read the treaty.  If that's what you wanted (or you don't care) announcing it this way was brilliant.

However I'm odd, so I'm going to point out a few areas that are a bit different if for no other reason than maybe it will give some others a few ideas. 

1,  30 day notice to withdraw from treaty.

2. There are specifics for individual nation(s) (as opposed to the entire alliance which (I think) are needed in order to trigger the treaty.   For instance, "The nation(s) being attacked must not be able to succeed without intervention outside their alliance" (See Article VI B 1) 

3.  It seems to suggest that it would just take just one of the alliances leader's to decide to DoW someone to automatically commit both alliances to war.  (See Article V1 C) 

4.  It forms a "security council" which "may ignore any other treaties outside of the People's Accord with unanimous consent." (See Article VI C 2 f)  I'm assuming this is basically a supremacy clauce (i.e. this treaty is more important than any of the others we may sign with other people) but I'm not sure.

5. Article VII talks about trade between the two alliances being under market value.

This is the difference between critiquing and whining. I did not intend for it to be easy not hard to read and I really don't care either way, I wanted a functional agreement with clearly defined mechanisms. For anyone it doesn't apply to, I wouldn't bother reading it. Even lower ranking people within the alliances mostly probably wouldn't bother reading most of it it. I hope this clears up the rest of your post. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

1. I originally had a much shorter one but this was requested by leadership.

2. It would. There's a split mechanism depending on if it's small scale battles between nations or full scale alliance warfare. MDP ONLY applies when it's on a large scale, otherwise it's ODP. 

3. Yes, there's trust on both ends that there's no rash decisions, but no side ever has unilateral control over anything.

4. The entire reason I included that was in the cases of being backstabbed in the middle of a massive war, there's no debate on the matter if there's consensus with the security council. I could see that being interpreted as a supremacy clause though. I do expect if this were ever invoked that two of the people sitting on the council would be the highest ranking leaders of both the alliances. I hope it's never even invoked honestly.

5. Yes, in between our alliances we give big discounts to encourage growth and shore up defenses with smaller nations. The smaller nations are expected to give more as they're able to.

Edited by Ahriman

Who puts a treaty in a google doc? I shouldn't have to click more than once to read a treaty I don't actually care about.

then why did you ?  :rolleyes: - shrugs / yawns -  

Anyone here remember the good old days of IR trying to act significant but failing miserably, then going completely silent for the next year and a half?

Good times

:lol:  :lol:  ' trying to act significant ' ' failing miserably ' someone alittle salty its all good laff@hidude45454

Edited by Winter Soldier