Trade: Make the Default "Create Offer" Resource Null

Kasikil

I'd like to add my 2 cents. Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or post here.

I like to propose to expand the original idea. Instead of just defaulting to 'Null', can we have a "fat-fingers" confirmation?

IRL, I have worked before as a Broker, and we key in up to hundreds of transactions a day, in stressful environments where a second's delay could cost huge losses.

There is this simple but much appreciated feature: "fat-fingers" alert. Usually on the platform, we can set our own parameters, but basically, its to show a pop-up whenever you enter an 'unusual' number (eg. $5000 keyed into share price, since prices aren't that high in my country) that you have to OK to proceed.

FYI, we call it Fat Fingers because... well, some Brokers do have fat fingers that might hit 2-3 keys instead of 1 with every finger press.

So, my suggestion is:

Can we include such a pop-up (something like your robot captchas) that asks if you want to proceed if you:

key in a PRICE that is 50% above or below the average market price of the selected commodity (since that data is already available). 

Edited by zombot