advertisement issue [forums]

Aksel

There is an advertisement causing some serious cancer. 

Basically it makes it so it auto-selects the ad frame as if you tabbed over to it. The ad doesn't do anything but constantly loop a "play button" with an x up in the corner. It is not clickable, therefore it doesn't take you anywhere. 

I know its based on viewing preferences and all that stuff, but I cleared history/cache a few times to get it to go away. 

Right now the only thing to do is to click the X on the ad (both top and bottom of forums) and it stops the cancer. 

When inspecting its like 'aniplayergui' 'div#aniplayergui' But i'm not a huge html/scripter so !@#$ it.

Right click the ad, choose inspect element, right click the highlighted element in the element inspector, choose delete element (or node). You may have to delete things a few levels up as well in order to remove the whole ad.

Doesn't stop the ad from coming up again, but it removes it from the current page.

RollSheepy.png