WEIRD! My Findings Regarding the Nation of Egypt (ID=0)

Kim Jong-un II

My nation link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=59308.

I am going to explain this quickly and hastily because I am not going to put time and effort into writing a good post with good English and writing style, and more. But all of you should understand what I am going to share with everybody here. I have been actively discussing this issue on the PW discord, and Lail from Regicide has also been talking about it.

As many of you already know there is a bug within the alliance announcements where the last commenter of an announcements is displayed as a nation that hasn't even commented and therefore should not have been displayed. Reagis or something like that. Well, as many of you already know when you click on it, it leads to your own nation but with the id of 0. Now, when you log out on this page there is a nation called Egypt. Here: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=0. Go onto here but logging out. Pretty weird, right? There is a tutorial text on top of the nation. Look at the nation activity. Even though it was created some three days ago at the time of writing, it says "Last active on 02/25/2017" rather than something like "Active 24 hours ago." And the beige is still at 14 days. It says it was created 0 days ago. You can also see the amount of cash this nation has ($160,000 for now) It has three cities with nothing. This nation is just empty. This is all just unusual. You can't just search this exact nation either. It's name is Egypt. The trade activity and bank activity pages are empty as well. So I though, what if I experimented with it? What can I find out about it? If you click on the cities and log in, go to the link with id of 0 you will just end up at your nation. So this is everybody's nation when logged in but Egypt when logged out. Weird, right? The first thing I did was try to message this nation. I'm logged out and on this page. I click "message". I log in. I write a message. And it sends! No, I didn't message myself. It was like I messaged an independent nation. The leader name of Egypt is displayed as my recipient and the icon shows that it hasn't been read yet. As if it's an independent nation. But when you click on the leader name, it just leads to your own nation. Weird, right? The next thing I did using the similar steps above was send a trade offer to it. So I send an offer of selling 1 food for $150,000 (because, why not?). But... the personal trade offer I made became a global trade offer, not one to Egypt. So I try to find my offer on the global market but I couldn't find it! Weird, right? Note that Egypt is in my range. He has a score of only a 100 with his three cities. I can't declare war on him because he's beige. But what I did do was execute an espionage operation against him, which was easily successful. I gathered intelligence about him. But how is still all possible? I certainly didn't execute an espionage operation against myself. Egypt is like an independent nation with strange accessibility and odd stuff on its nation page while clicking on it leads to your own nation. Then I placed an embargo on him, using the similar steps such as those above. It was a successful embargo, like, again, I embargoed like it was an independent nation! I didn't embargo myself, obviously. This is all interesting and odd but then I decided to step it up a notch. I wanted to see what Egypt's unique ID is but it doesn't have the link on its page. So I just access a random unique ID page and see how to write the link. I copy and paste the link but at the end put 0 as the id. This is the link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/unique/id=0 that I wrote down. I don't know if this is an error or not but even though Egypt's nation isn't displayed on it, there is, however, a nation in Rose! The year display is a little bit odd, too, displayed as "-0001." I'm waiting for a response from both nations of Rose and Egypt (I don't think Egypt messages though). I also asked Lail to try and transfer $10,000 from his alliance bank to Egypt and see if the transaction works. And it did! Egypt had $150,000 in the beginning but now has $160,000. Weird stuff, again. Everybody needs to try the above but me and Lail were the first ones to do this stuff. don't know what this all is but it is certainly strange. That's what I wanted to share with everybody.

I would like to apologize for my terrible English in writing this post. Trust me, I usually write way better than this. I just didn't want to spend too much time writing this post, so my English is bad. I'm just hapzardadly typing on the keyboard and not even trying to write well. And sorry for making a big deal out of this. It's just sharing something strange and interesting that is worth noting.

I think that all we want to know is, what is this witchcraft? What is this Egypt nation? How has all this come to be? What is the explanation behind all of this? What should we do about it? etc.

• Upvote 4

Copypasta from discord:

It looks like the game is failing to properly create a unique ID and therefor just setting it to 0

I wonder if all the "anabel" errors would now point to egypt

I'm also going to guess that sheepy used id=0 as a place holder for no responses to an announcement

Which wasn't a problem until the id creation failed

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Copypasta from discord:

It looks like the game is failing to properly create a unique ID and therefor just setting it to 0

I wonder if all the "anabel" errors would now point to egypt

I'm also going to guess that sheepy used id=0 as a place holder for no responses to an announcement

Which wasn't a problem until the id creation failed

That doesn't answer all of our questions, though.

Here are some important updates:

1. The nation of Egypt has an advertisement.

2. Lail has reported that Egypt and hidude are apparently blocked by him, even though he never remembered blocking them.

Also, why are there no player advertisements nor credits on the market?

I can give everybody screenshots if necessary.

Edited by Kim Jong-un II

Egypt is also on my blocked list, although I never blocked him, and I can't unblock him. I remember the same thing happening, but last week this nation's name isn't Egypt. I can't remember, since I didn't really care about it and thought it was a bug. All I remember is that the leader name used to be Anabel. Maybe we should talk to Alex about it.

Edited by Cheonsa

mOMPUVF.jpg

• Administrators

It's just a bug caused because somehow someone created a nation without an account attached to it, and so it's nation ID was created as 0.

0 is the default value for a lot of things, so where it would otherwise reference 0, get no results, and show "none" or whatever, it just shows that nation name. That person isn't posting comments in your alliance announcements or anything, it's just a display bug.

Also, there not being any player advertisements or credits for sale is entirely unrelated to this.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link