The Surreal World We Live In

Caecus

It dawned on me today on how crazy this administration is. 

You have an attorney general accused of not upholding constitutional rights for blacks in the past. 

You have an education secretary that makes more spelling mistakes than Lightning.

You have a national security adviser who tried to subvert the national security of the previous administration, and then lied about it without knowing the basic fact that the intelligence agency bugs everything the Russians touch. 

You have a director of the EPA who has - in 14 separate lawsuits - attempted to stop regulation of gas and oil companies. 

You have an energy secretary who barely passed his chemistry and physics classes in college and did not know until now that the Department of Energy included the maintenance of the most powerful weapons known to man. 

You have a press secretary who hates the press. 

This isn't even including the nutjob at the top. The list just goes on and on. This is some Lewis Carol on mushrooms level batshit. I liken it to reading about Caligula. Utterly terrifying to live under, but hilariously amusing to look back on. 

• Upvote 3

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

You have a press secretary who hates the press. 

Out of everything all the press destruction has been perhaps the most delicious of all. For years on just about anything we've seen the media lie and lie and now finally they are being called out and taken apart as they deserve. Against Trump they fail again and again and have their own attacks turned on them (lol at their attempt at making fake news a thing and then getting destroyed by it themselves). Long may it continue.

• Upvote 2

Out of everything all the press destruction has been perhaps the most delicious of all. For years on just about anything we've seen the media lie and lie and now finally they are being called out and taken apart as they deserve. Against Trump they fail again and again and have their own attacks turned on them (lol at their attempt at making fake news a thing and then getting destroyed by it themselves). Long may it continue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBS41HdxO8M

President Trump is given fake information by the media! Call them out on it. Remind me, how many illegals voted in California? 3 million? Oh oh oh! And a massacre somewhere? Also, biggest inauguration crowd size ever right? 

It's hard to accuse the media of being fake when you can't even hold yourself to the same standard. 

Also, are you saying you agree with everything else I've said? That his secretary of education is objectively uneducated. That his energy secretary doesn't know anything about the energy department. etc. etc. etc. 

• Upvote 2

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBS41HdxO8M

President Trump is given fake information by the media! Call them out on it. Remind me, how many illegals voted in California? 3 million? Oh oh oh! And a massacre somewhere? Also, biggest inauguration crowd size ever right? 

It's hard to accuse the media of being fake when you can't even hold yourself to the same standard. 

Also, are you saying you agree with everything else I've said? That his secretary of education is objectively uneducated. That his energy secretary doesn't know anything about the energy department. etc. etc. etc. 

Seems quite clear to me. Some aide put that in which in a way is true as him getting that many votes when he apparently was going to get landslided is quite a thing, and he simply didn't recognise it as such. 

Congratulations, they and you fell for Trump's simple distractions. Why does Trump need to talk of Cali's illegal votes? I suppose perhaps to later push some federal voter ID law, but in the then and now it acted as a distraction and a good one at that. To a normal person illegals voting in Cali is hardly an impossible thing to consider as having happened. That puts things immediately in his favour while the media who if we recall have spent a huge amount of time talking about a "hacked election" cry out that such things are impossible. Bannon who people think is responsible for such tactics being employed truly knows his stuff.

Some of your statements are clear nonsense as accusations are not the same as proof and hating the press being a disqualifying trait is ridiculous. Education seems obviously wrong and some I couldn't really say (Ben Carson in his post could well be a positive regardless of his faults, who knows, he seems like a well meaning man who'd want to do good). I do hope you do not expect I would be defending everyone Trump decides to appoint, some which will be his own and others to placate the Republicans.

I'm amused intensely by the meltdowns of hypocrites I see in the media.

• Upvote 1

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

You mean the one who took down the KKK in Alabama? 

There is no KKK in Alabama anymore? Oh, do tell. 

What's your snippy comeback for the education secretary that can't spell? 

To be honest, Sessions isn't that bad, imho. He's a pretty decent pick, I think democrats are kicking up dirt for political reasons. Still rather uneasy about his past, but I doubt that will really affect him at his job. I'm more worried about his boss telling him to do crazy shit, and he might do it. I don't know Sessions well enough to definitively say that he's going to refuse a constitutional crisis order, but I guess we will have to see. 

Seems quite clear to me. Some aide put that in which in a way is true as him getting that many votes when he apparently was going to get landslided is quite a thing, and he simply didn't recognise it as such. 

Congratulations, they and you fell for Trump's simple distractions. Why does Trump need to talk of Cali's illegal votes? I suppose perhaps to later push some federal voter ID law, but in the then and now it acted as a distraction and a good one at that. To a normal person illegals voting in Cali is hardly an impossible thing to consider as having happened. That puts things immediately in his favour while the media who if we recall have spent a huge amount of time talking about a "hacked election" cry out that such things are impossible. Bannon who people think is responsible for such tactics being employed truly knows his stuff.

Some of your statements are clear nonsense as accusations are not the same as proof and hating the press being a disqualifying trait is ridiculous. Education seems obviously wrong and some I couldn't really say (Ben Carson in his post could well be a positive regardless of his faults, who knows, he seems like a well meaning man who'd want to do good). I do hope you do not expect I would be defending everyone Trump decides to appoint, some which will be his own and others to placate the Republicans.

That was an easily googled fact. As the most powerful man on earth, you should have access to google. Moreover, if what he said was true (that an aide told him), that should still worry you. Trump is being fed misinformation by an incompetent white house staff. Me, a cellphone charger, and decent service could have done better than his "aide." If his "aide" &#33;@#&#036; up on basic, googleable information, I shutter to think what might happen in a crisis. 

"Distractions" is another word for lie, right? I thought all you Trump supporters were tired of politicians/media lying to you. 

Come on, that's at least comical! A press secretary who hates the press? That's like a podiatrist hating feet. Or a judge hating the inside of a courtroom. Every day of his life must be a Sisyphean task. That's just sheer ironic hilarity! In all honesty, I wonder what Betsy was? Was that to placate Republicans? Or does she have Trump by the money sack? 

• Upvote 1

There is no KKK in Alabama anymore? Oh, do tell. 

What's your snippy comeback for the education secretary that can't spell? 

To be honest, Sessions isn't that bad, imho. He's a pretty decent pick, I think democrats are kicking up dirt for political reasons. Still rather uneasy about his past, but I doubt that will really affect him at his job. I'm more worried about his boss telling him to do crazy shit, and he might do it. I don't know Sessions well enough to definitively say that he's going to refuse a constitutional crisis order, but I guess we will have to see. 

It's incredibly weakened. 

She was Tweeting. It's not like she was writing a new Constitution. 

I honestly think the only reason Feinstein is so opposed to Sessions is because the NRA endorsed Sessions. (Granted Feinstein wasn't Sessions main opponent) 

I'll be willing to bet that Sessions will lock up the Clintons, though. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I'm more interested in this than I aught to be while image searching shutters... no idea how it came up though.

super-hot-dorito-nearly-killed-me-beth-l

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

You have an education secretary that makes more spelling mistakes than Lightning.

I shutter to think what might happen in a crisis.

lol. Huh, I didn't notice that. Shutter. I suppose that makes me qualified for education secretary right? 

lol. Huh, I didn't notice that. Shutter. I suppose that makes me qualified for education secretary right? 

tbh, it'd be irrelevant

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

It's incredibly weakened. 

She was Tweeting. It's not like she was writing a new Constitution. 

I honestly think the only reason Feinstein is so opposed to Sessions is because the NRA endorsed Sessions. (Granted Feinstein wasn't Sessions main opponent) 

I'll be willing to bet that Sessions will lock up the Clintons, though. 

In what way? What did Sessions do that so utterly decimated the KKK in Alabama? You say took down, then you walk back to incredibly weakened. Got an article on it?

But don't you see the irony? An education secretary that can't spell? That hasn't even visited a public school, much less send her children there. That's just objectively funny. If she doesn't have the basic level of competency to do tweeting and spell check as THE GOD DAMN EDUCATION SECRETARY OF THE UNITED &#33;@#&#036;ing STATES, why would you think she would do any better writing a new Constitution? 

No, I think the democrats are trying what the republicans have done during the 8 years of Obama, which is to obstruct, and then blame the administration, in hopes of turning the tables for a majority in 2018. It's obviously a strategy that worked for the republicans, but I'll bet there is a learning curve. McConnell, for all of his hypocrisies, is very good at what he does, and Obama really underestimated him. 

According to the national inquirer, Hillary and Bill Clinton already died of the whopping cough and syphilis respectively. Can't lock up dead people, can you? Just have an urn in a jail cell. Ha. 

In what way? What did Sessions do that so utterly decimated the KKK in Alabama? You say took down, then you walk back to incredibly weakened. Got an article on it?

Nitpicking 101

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

That was an easily googled fact. As the most powerful man on earth, you should have access to google. Moreover, if what he said was true (that an aide told him), that should still worry you. Trump is being fed misinformation by an incompetent white house staff. Me, a cellphone charger, and decent service could have done better than his "aide." If his "aide" !@#$ up on basic, googleable information, I shutter to think what might happen in a crisis. 

"Distractions" is another word for lie, right? I thought all you Trump supporters were tired of politicians/media lying to you. 

Come on, that's at least comical! A press secretary who hates the press? That's like a podiatrist hating feet. Or a judge hating the inside of a courtroom. Every day of his life must be a Sisyphean task. That's just sheer ironic hilarity! In all honesty, I wonder what Betsy was? Was that to placate Republicans? Or does she have Trump by the money sack? 

Its not that he was fed misinformation, simply that for whatever reason (likely time) he was not told how selling such a statement is done. Saying you have the greatest victory ever clearly is not the case due to the numbers. However when you throw in that you were a political outsider who had the entire media against you, a large part of your own party, had all the polls stacked against you (outside the very few), were endlessly smeared for a year+, and were being outspent 2 to 1... yeah, its a titanic victory.

Not quite. A distraction is a pointless thing to get opponents to huff and puff over and degrade their own overall efforts. Look at the Republican party who must be rubbing their hands at how they'll get basically no heat no matter what they'll do as there will always be some Trump distraction to cover for them. They could ban abortion tomorrow and the top story that would dominate would be Trump leaves a Pizza half eaten while people in the world starve. 

I don't follow. I am aware that Obama and the media (bar the obvious exceptions) had a fawning relationship with each other but that doesn't mean that should be the norm especially when that allowed Obama to get away with so much. The media went to war last year against Trump and now have got to deal with being losers. 

But don't you see the irony? An education secretary that can't spell? That hasn't even visited a public school, much less send her children there. That's just objectively funny. If she doesn't have the basic level of competency to do tweeting and spell check as THE GOD DAMN EDUCATION SECRETARY OF THE UNITED !@#$ STATES, why would you think she would do any better writing a new Constitution? 

No, I think the democrats are trying what the republicans have done during the 8 years of Obama, which is to obstruct, and then blame the administration, in hopes of turning the tables for a majority in 2018. It's obviously a strategy that worked for the republicans, but I'll bet there is a learning curve. McConnell, for all of his hypocrisies, is very good at what he does, and Obama really underestimated him. 

According to the national inquirer, Hillary and Bill Clinton already died of the whopping cough and syphilis respectively. Can't lock up dead people, can you? Just have an urn in a jail cell. Ha. 

Considering I can't find an article about the KKK murdering or terrorizing anyone in Alabama, I'd say it is weakened or gone. 

Tweets are unimportant. We could correct so many spelling mistakes on these forums. Why don't we? At the end of the day, do spelling mistakes on PaW really matter? Nope. Now, if she made a mistake in a law or other official document, I would agree with you. 

Good point. (I still think it's personal for Feinstein, though.) 

I mean, I wouldn't doubt that happens in banana republics. We could do it here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksg8cMFxT4Y

lol

skip to 1:42

Edited by fistofdoom

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

Its not that he was fed misinformation, simply that for whatever reason (likely time) he was not told how selling such a statement is done. Saying you have the greatest victory ever clearly is not the case due to the numbers. However when you throw in that you were a political outsider who had the entire media against you, a large part of your own party, had all the polls stacked against you (outside the very few), were endlessly smeared for a year+, and were being outspent 2 to 1... yeah, its a titanic victory.

Not quite. A distraction is a pointless thing to get opponents to huff and puff over and degrade their own overall efforts. Look at the Republican party who must be rubbing their hands at how they'll get basically no heat no matter what they'll do as there will always be some Trump distraction to cover for them. They could ban abortion tomorrow and the top story that would dominate would be Trump leaves a Pizza half eaten while people in the world starve. 

I don't follow. I am aware that Obama and the media (bar the obvious exceptions) had a fawning relationship with each other but that doesn't mean that should be the norm especially when that allowed Obama to get away with so much. The media went to war last year against Trump and now have got to deal with being losers. 

Watch the video again. That's not what he was talking about. He clearly stated at the end that he had no idea Bush the Elder (or Obama, before his walkback) had greater margins.

But his distractions are lies. Hillary had "distractions," and people called for her head. Do you see the double standard yet?  

lol. That reminds me of a question I have. Are there any conservative comedians? Like, the left has SNL, John Oliver, Jon Stewart, Fallon, Conan, Colbert, etc. I genuinely don't know if there is any conservative comedians with shows. All the conservative entertainments I've seen are just rage-gasams. If you guys haven't seen Samantha Bee's stuff, that's what most conservative talk show hosts look like to me. If liberals have tears, then conservatives have high blood pressure. I'm starting to think that conservatives in general don't have a sense of humor. 

Considering I can't find an article about the KKK murdering or terrorizing anyone in Alabama, I'd say it is weakened or gone. 

Tweets are unimportant. We could correct so many spelling mistakes on these forums. Why don't we? At the end of the day, do spelling mistakes on PaW really matter? Nope. Now, if she made a mistake in a law or other official document, I would agree with you. 

Good point. (I still think it's personal for Feinstein, though.) 

I mean, I wouldn't doubt that happens in banana republics. We could do it here. 

Well, I can't find an article about the KKK murdering or terrorizing anyone within the last 20 years period (discounting random shootings). Did Jeff Sessions somehow weaken the KKK everywhere? If only we put him in charge back in the 60s. 

To be fair, she isn't the only major figure who made a spelling mistake on Twitter. Her boss, for example. While spelling mistakes don't immediately disqualify you (though, you have to admit, it is ironic), in Betsy's case it's being used as a meme to point out how objectively unqualified she is. She literally hasn't seen the inside of a public school. She never sent her children to a public school. She doesn't know any basic principles of education philosophy. Her voucher program is a joke designed to shift federal funding to the private sector. I could literally walk into a local high school, point to a random kid, and that kid would have more experience with public schools than she does. 

Mmmhmmm. Bananas.

Well, I can't find an article about the KKK murdering or terrorizing anyone within the last 20 years period (discounting random shootings). Did Jeff Sessions somehow weaken the KKK everywhere? If only we put him in charge back in the 60s. 

To be fair, she isn't the only major figure who made a spelling mistake on Twitter. Her boss, for example. While spelling mistakes don't immediately disqualify you (though, you have to admit, it is ironic), in Betsy's case it's being used as a meme to point out how objectively unqualified she is.

She literally hasn't seen the inside of a public school. She never sent her children to a public school. She doesn't know any basic principles of education philosophy. Her voucher program is a joke designed to shift federal funding to the private sector. I could literally walk into a local high school, point to a random kid, and that kid would have more experience with public schools than she does. 

Mmmhmmm. Bananas.

He'd be pretty young. 

Again, Twitter is relatively unimportant. 

Is that such a bad idea? 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/15/u-s-students-internationally-math-science/

https://www.oecd.org/unitedstates/PISA-2012-results-US.pdf

I like this quote under "Strengths" in the OECD link. "Simple handling of data from tables and diagrams – requiring students to understand a short text, read two values from a given representation, and then perform some straightforward operation such as adding or comparing the values"

Yay! We can add! 

Bananas are good for you. 

He'd be pretty young. 

Again, Twitter is relatively unimportant. 

Is that such a bad idea? 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/15/u-s-students-internationally-math-science/

https://www.oecd.org/unitedstates/PISA-2012-results-US.pdf

I like this quote under "Strengths" in the OECD link. "Simple handling of data from tables and diagrams – requiring students to understand a short text, read two values from a given representation, and then perform some straightforward operation such as adding or comparing the values"

Yay! We can add! 

Bananas are good for you. 

Have you seen for profit colleges? I'm assuming not, because if you did attend a for profit college, you would most likely be living in a cardboard box reading this through the local library internet on a presumably old ass computer.