Optional past times.

Callum

The Approval system doesn't really do anything, so this suggestion would add scenarios with multiple choices that affect your nations AR. 

These scenarios would be once a day/turn and would be minor in nature, but would take a few minutes to go over. instead of just logging in. noticing nothing has happened and logging out. 

Example

A nation with less than 25% AR

Upset with the Government of "X" actions of late. a rebel group has formed and has attacked the city of "Y". Blah blah

Chose a response.

• Eliminate the rebel scum, (consumes gas) Approval rating +10
  • Hire a PMC, (consumes funds) Approval rating +5
  • Ask an alliance member to assist. said member would get the above 2 choices + rewards, or the option to ignore the request.
  • Allow the local police to deal with it at no cost to your nation. Approval rating -5
  • Ignore the rebels. Approval rating -10

​

Nations with higher AR will get more appropriate scenarios, like building a home for the kids who lost their orphanage to a fire or something heartthrob like that.

Cost would be negligible yet appropriate depending on a nations size, some scenarios could even reward nations, (ex, spending gas to fight rebels could rewards captured equipment as steel. and then the next scenario could be spending steel to build a pipeline to reward gas. To negate spent rss) And with the option to either ignore, or disable these scenarios. will otherwise cost the nation nothing, as AR is pointless.

• Upvote 4

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

What OP is suggesting would be pretty cool. It would make things more interesting and would be nice for players who put a lot of effort into their RP (such as myself).

I know that approval rating was going to be significant for some things, but Sheepy quickly took that back and it became the irrelevant stat we know today.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

Seems like a distraction from adding real features.

I'd prefer he just remove approval rating so people stopped talking about it, or people stop talking about it.

What OP is suggesting would be pretty cool. It would make things more interesting and would be nice for players who put a lot of effort into their RP (such as myself).

I know that approval rating was going to be significant for some things, but Sheepy quickly took that back and it became the irrelevant stat we know today.

Player should have the option to hide a lot of the cosmetic features (on other nations as well as their own). They just clutter up nation info screens.