Permanent Trade Offers

Gonzalo

Permanent Trade Offers would be like normal trade offers, but the difference is that it will stay for a set number of turns/days, and the nations will sell/buy x number of some resource in every turn. The price of the resource bought/sold would be added/substracted to/from the gross income.

Example:

Nation A will buy 30 oil at $795 each for 120 turns to Nation B. That way, Nation A's net revenue will go down by $795*30/turn in exchange for 30 oil and Nation B's net revenue will go down by 30 oil in exchange for $795*30/turn, for 120 turns.

There should be a cancel button to stop the trading at any time. 

This would benefit nations that don't have raw resources to produce some manufactured resources. 

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

Prices fluctuate daily, even hourly. It's a lot simpler (and generally a better deal for the nations involved) to just go to the market and buy the raw resources you would use to refine them into manufactured resources.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

When I first read this, I thought you were basically saying instead of setting a quantity to buy (or sell), it would just be I will buy/sell "infinity" for this price.

Based on your suggestion, maybe a better idea might be to have a toggleable (not a word, but you know what I'm saying) option that would allow you to buy the necessary raw resources for whatever the lowest price on the market is if you don't have enough on hand (and are not blockaded). This would solve the problem of when a player doesn't have enough coal or iron or (gasp) food. The market would solve the problem. Maybe every time your nation has to auto-buy something, it would take a hit to your approval rating (emergency buying is expensive, and stuff).

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

• 3 weeks later...

Prices fluctuate daily, even hourly. It's a lot simpler (and generally a better deal for the nations involved) to just go to the market and buy the raw resources you would use to refine them into manufactured resources.

What price the two nations agree on, is irrelevant to the suggestion and just derails the topic. It's the functionality of being able to setup an automatic trade that happens every turn (for x turns), that is relevant.

When I first read this, I thought you were basically saying instead of setting a quantity to buy (or sell), it would just be I will buy/sell "infinity" for this price.

Based on your suggestion, maybe a better idea might be to have a toggleable (not a word, but you know what I'm saying) option that would allow you to buy the necessary raw resources for whatever the lowest price on the market is if you don't have enough on hand (and are not blockaded). This would solve the problem of when a player doesn't have enough coal or iron or (gasp) food. The market would solve the problem. Maybe every time your nation has to auto-buy something, it would take a hit to your approval rating (emergency buying is expensive, and stuff).

The point isn't to necessarily buy only when you're low. That's a completely separate suggestion (though not bad in itself).

The point is to allow you to string out a large (and likely expensive) purchase over time. One which either party could cancel at any time, should market prices change.

It would make it easier for casual players who don't have the time to sit on the market for hours and hours (not naming names). Instead they can organise an automatic trade, that they don't have to save for (as it'd be taken out of net revenue first) and when they login every day or two, they have more resources.

An alliance could also easily organise a couple of automatic trades among members and redistribute resources (as most nations only make one or two resources).

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG