Deleting mid-war

Insert Name Here

Everyone knows that, as your nation grows in city count and NS, it's harder and harder to find available targets without getting yourself in trouble.

I - and I suspect several other players - look for those targets on a daily basis, and finding them is anything but easy. Then, when you think your hard work pays off and you find a target, they wake up and delete on you. I've been fortunate enough to have been involved in countless individual wars and have no more than 1 nation delete on me. But others haven't been so lucky.

Let's face it, there's several cases where people declare on someone and start weakening their ground forces with air, so they can start doing what they declared on the nation in question for: looting. Till that point, it was all expenses for them (money and resources). Now tell me, does it make any sense that those people get screwed over if the other guy decides to delete?

So I have a simple solution that I believe makes complete sense and shouldn't be too complicated to implement. When someones decides to delete and they're involved in at least 1 war, they're placed into beige and their nation will automatically be deleted after the last active war is over. If they're not involved in any war, their nation is immediately deleted (unless they've traded during the last 3 days like it happens nowadays).

I reckon this is a good and fair solution, so I ask Sheepy to please consider implementing it.

PS: Roll Lord A Aron and Kastor in particular! :wub:

• Upvote 4

I almost forgot to mention (even though it was implied): if someone is at war and tries to delete, having traded during the last 3 days, they wouldn't be put on beige. They'd just get the same error message they do nowadays, and would have to try and delete later.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

I disagree with your suggestion, because if someone is being rolled and doesn't want to play the game anymore, they shouldn't be forced to stick around so that the person who's whomping on them can have their fun. I think that's a terrible mechanic for player retention.

A much better proposed solution, imo, is to just award the nation's money/resources to the attacking nations they're at war with when they delete. That way they can still delete and re-roll, and not be pissed off and want to quit playing, and the attackers can still get their loot.

Of course, you'd probably want to make sure that you blockaded the nation before they deleted, otherwise they'll just send their money/resources to someone else to screw you over. But of course, they could do that whether they're going to delete or not.

• Upvote 6

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I disagree with your suggestion, because if someone is being rolled and doesn't want to play the game anymore, they shouldn't be forced to stick around so that the person who's whomping on them can have their fun. I think that's a terrible mechanic for player retention.

By this logic isn't restricting players from deleting if they have an offensive war the same thing? If the other nation doesn't want to peace you're sitting there waiting for them to beige you or you beige them.

Edited by Hooves

A much better proposed solution, imo, is to just award the nation's money/resources to the attacking nations they're at war with when they delete. That way they can still delete and re-roll, and not be pissed off and want to quit playing, and the attackers can still get their loot.

Of course, you'd probably want to make sure that you blockaded the nation before they deleted, otherwise they'll just send their money/resources to someone else to screw you over. But of course, they could do that whether they're going to delete or not.

Fair enough. As long as the player who isn't deleting gets some sort of compensation, it doesn't make much of a difference to me how they're compensated.

>I disagree with your suggestion, because if someone is being rolled and doesn't want to play the game anymore, they shouldn't be forced to stick around so that the person who's whomping on them can have their fun. I think that's a terrible mechanic for player retention.

>doesn't want to play the game anymore

>player retention

smh tbh fam

• Upvote 3

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.